Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

dressing to impress

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im i the only one that cant get women when im dressed to impressed, i mean dressed to the teeth. nice sunglasses and nice shoes and jewery and gucci tops.

they seem to avoid eye contact with me.
when im on by casual l-r-g clothes(im favourite brand) i get more attention when im scruffy.

true story, in the new years a friend of mine decided to just walk through a shopping center in central london. i was about to were my desinger **** and he said na dont wear that, (he knew i had insecurity issues atimes and was trying to help me out) he gave me his wrinkled military jacket and i wore my converse shoes. without jewery or cologne.

we were walking down the street, now i was kinda insecure at first, and didnt get any glances from women. as time went on i never even expect looks from women and walked like i didnt give a ****,walking with my arms swinging -moderatly but freely,with a little swag and noticed that we started getting more attention from ladies not all some look at us in disgust but we didnt give a ****(lol), we just saw it as them looking at us as bums and never took it as a compliment and didnt give a **** to be honest ,but it was a suprise when two girls stopped us and asked about were they could find great night clubs ,we passed them once before and on the second occasion they stopped us and we exchanged numbers ,i mean i have been appraoched once or twice before when i dressed to impress but never knew dressing so casual could to the trick either.it was so great being so free and carefree i swore i wouldnt dress to flashy anymore. i threw out all that talk about walking tall and composed with my back straight being that im tall and all and became a different person and it worked. note not all girls gave us attention..but the issue wasnt about the attention but it was about being free and comfortable in our own skins.

my friend whom i hadnt seem for years said -not expecting attention from women, and dressing casual-means even if you are rejected you dont take it too personal because you could blame it on your medicore dressing. strange ideaology but true for me anyway. i used to spend hours getting ready now i only spend 10 mins, clean my self well, small cologne, and wash my face well, deodorant and thats it. always make sure my nails are clipped though. freedom is the way to be happy.

it maye -not work for you but each-to his own. sometimes being to flashy cand detract from a guys looks. thats what some gay sales dude told me when i was shopping for some jewery.

mistermarc

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont see the big deal about dressing flashy...cuz there is no better style than a nice jeans (levi's) and a t-shirt with a print on it and sum retro sneakers....it's just as cool and casual as u can be...To the clubs..i suggest a simple shirt that fits well (preferably with no pockets as that gives the impression of a shirt u wear to work)...jeans and a pair of fashionable shoes.....if u have to wear jewellery, i suggest a masculine looking stainless steel watch (not the bling bling types with all those cubic zirconium and ****!)...or a black leather band with a silver face, maybe a chain, and well a small stud for earrings....otherwise..u needn't be too flashy cuz that scares girls more than attracts them!...cologne is a definite must!, no matter wear u go, always wear cologne...but make sure u have different types...one for casual wear, one for evening wear, one for work...and maybe a couple extra!....however the most important thing a guy must wear and wear well is his confidence! that u must never leave home without!..........everybody nowadays is on the looking flashy scene and when u check it out...they all look the same!...y be like everyone else!

Reaction score
and dressing casual-means even if you are rejected you dont take it too personal because you could blame it on your medicore dressing. strange ideaology but true for me anyway.
sad, that i still cath myself thinking like that from time to time. What is happening here is your ego leaving itself a back-door to escape when it gets confronted. It is the fear of rejection and fear of not being accepted at its worst because you will never give your 100% in fear of failure, and that is why you never grow and learn.

I know its easier said than done and i feel myself guilty of doing the same sort of mistakes myself.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice sig, just another newb. I feel that way, I'm in the army.

To the OP, maybe they actually feel intimidated by you dressed up to the nines, unless you approach. Maybe they see you as trying too hard, trying to show off.
Or maybe you're just unlucky.
Or maybe you peed yourself.

ExcelNPrevail

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dress in what is called streetwear (not that baggy jeans and shirts type.) I wear Stussy, Obey, Jeepney, Imaginary Foundation,Akomplice, and a few L-R-G here and there. Shirts like these have eye catching images like a women on the front or an have actual meaning, and atleast in my experiences do catch plenty of attention.

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
Nice sig, just another newb. I feel that way, I'm in the army.

To the OP, maybe they actually feel intimidated by you dressed up to the nines, unless you approach. Maybe they see you as trying too hard, trying to show off.
Or maybe you're just unlucky.
Or maybe you peed yourself.

you maybe right,but like i said,it was never about the attention,it was about the freedom i was to shy to express,why spend more,when i can get similar results for being free and not worrying.the thing with being perfect is that you rely on it for your validation and when you dont get it,you spend more.

a guy like will smith dosnt need to dress fancy with jewery like say a 50cent to get attention from women.
dressing down dosnt mean you gotta look poor.