Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dressing like you are the sh*t

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturday I decided to take a test. Had to run a couple errands but instead of throwing on a pair of jeans I put on a charcoal fashion striped suit, white shirt, deep cherry tie with slight texturing providing a hint of black shadow striping (very, very subtle, not an actual stripe, just a texture effect). Looking dammn sharp.

As I walk toward the front of the store a very cute girl is walking across my path and she looks toward me, smiling very approvingly. I smiled back, said hi, she said hi and smiled more, and I went into the store. Yes, I should have chatted her, but didn't. The effect of the suit was interesting.

I go into the store and three young women (guessing early twenties) see me approach and they all smile -- not the normal we work here and you're a customer smile. And no, I didn't have anything embarrassing on my face etc. It was the suit.

I leave and hit my next errand - the gym. I go inside carrying a gym bag and the two girls at the front desk turn toward me -- and the smiles light up. I've actually chatted briefly a couple times with one of them -- not to flirt but just because I see her most times I go there -- and her smile was unlike any typical greeting smile. After I change and am in workout clothes I say to her so, which is better, the suit or the workout gear. She says you gotta go with the suit, you should wear it more often.

That's my field report.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i imagine they would envision you as someone very successful in your career with your sh%t together and plus it's good looking...i never dress up...need to, though

dosquito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think lots of beginners should focus on dress and grooming. I cleaned up a bit by shaving more regularly and getting some new clothes and it definitely hasn't hurt.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
I have to disagree (at least in regards to my personal experiences).

You got smiles, but you didn't approach. I'm not castigating you or anything, but I have to point out that there's a huge difference between getting more glances and getting more results.

For me personally, I've actually had more success while dressed casually or even poorly. The days where I went out in slacks and a button-down shirt, I could not get a number to save my life. Other days, I felt weird/out of place wearing just a t-shirt and athletic shorts but managed to get a few good numbers.

But perhaps it's just what my personality or "game" overall lines up with

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes sir. appearing nice and dressing with style instantly brings up confidence level (although kind of superficial) and girls notice and appreciate your style.

dosquito

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about dressing up, it's about just looking like a cool guy who other chicks are feasibly interested in hooking up with. It's about looking like someone who is respectable and that the girl could see herself telling her friends about...Most generally, it's just about beign "cool". Don't overthink it too damn man, just think, when you see someone on the street you judge them really quickly right...The first impression you are gonna make on someone has a lot to do with how you look and what you're waering

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference between dressing in a suit and dressing down is that the suit instantly opened up doors for me that would not otherwise have been open. I didn't do anything -- just being in the field of vision elicited smiles and an acknowledgement of my presence. While it is true I didn't do anything with it, eliciting these two things immediately gives me the *invitation* to say hello and introduce myself without coming across as creepy.

Also, as guys we might see clothing and *think* oh that looks pretty cool, or the colors go well, etc. Women don't just think it, they judge it, the *feel* it. You get her to feel positive about you based on a first look which elicits a smile thus inviting you to say hi, you will make a better impression on her.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
I had a bit of a rant on this subject myself last week. This is a habit I have been practicing for about a half a year now. It is definitely worth the effort concerning your appearance because as previously stated by others here you will leave a hell of a first impression.

And making a good first impression puts your foot in the door without uttering a single word.

B

BeDJ

I've approached in a suit, but number closed more with sport coat and jeans.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dislike shopping and especially malls, but what are some good stores to hit while dressed to kill if I want to find single women? I'm thinking women's stores with my "reason" being that I want to find something for my sister who is coming to visit next month.