Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dressing like a playa

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi

I've read some articles here and there about dressing like a playa, with that slick look. But nobody gave any examples, at least from what i saw.

How would you guys describe the playa dressing style, shoes, hair cut. Any comments and info on this matter would be really helpful.

Thanks

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost everyday I dress in

- sports jacket
- chinos
- chelsea boots
- dress shirt or solid colour t (no ads)

Invariably means more dressy than average.

Oscar.

glowstix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
structure

dress real nice and make yourself stand out from anyone else. I shop at structure, H&M, Armani Exchange, Gucci. You wanna look like a million bucks you have to feel and dress like a million bucks, basically you dress nice u feel nice and thats the first step to success..

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that some women like to touch smooth or even soft fabrics. I'm not saying buy silk, but buy clothes that look and are pleasant to the touch. This is a good thing for two reasons.

1. It speaks to your personality. You don't look like your in stiff starchy shirt, so you look more laid back, comfortable, and that helps with confidence. Also go for loose fitting clothes but not baggy clothes, you want to be able to move like its almost effortless making those movements look smooth and natural.

2. If the clothing looks nice and touchable. A woman will often comment on how it looks, and use it as an excuse to touch it and she'll make some further comment about how nice it feels. Mentally she will note that touching you feels nice, this can help break down some of those personal space barriers.

About expensive clothes, for those of us on a budget you just have to buy what "looks nice." A great lesson from any Political Science course is that perception is truth. If you don't believe that then your forgetting how important apperances can be and first approaches can be. It doesn't have to be a million bucks to look like a million bucks. My rule is if your going to be good at what you do, you have to look good and feel good while doing it.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by Grey Fox
I noticed that some women like to touch smooth or even soft fabrics. I'm not saying buy silk, but buy clothes that look and are pleasant to the touch. This is a good thing for two reasons.
Microfibre shirts are great for me. They are soft and smooth like silk :D Microfibre pants are also really nice.

Can you tell I like microfibre? :D

Reaction score
dress hip hop buy PHAT FARM and ROCKAWEAR man youll get the ladies at the club easily like this .

by the way i just saw THE MATRIX RELOADED and its of the hook man . the especial effects are the bomb .

LATEZ!!!! F LOVE ,LOVE TO F...

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Digital Mastermind1
dress hip hop buy PHAT FARM and ROCKAWEAR man youll get the ladies at the club easily like this .

by the way i just saw THE MATRIX RELOADED and its of the hook man . the especial effects are the bomb .

LATEZ!!!! F LOVE ,LOVE TO F...
Don't know if this post was sarcastic but...

DO NOT
a. ...DRESS "HIP HOP"
b. ...TALK LIKE THIS GUY.

Just dress smart casual. Get yourself a nice jacket, not necessarily leather (although leather jackets are great), a few pairs of nice pants and shoes, and you're laughing.

PS. Don't just stock up on "nice" clothes, get some more relaxed gear as well. But by relaxed I don't mean scrappy I mean something that you would go over to a mate's house in, but wouldn't be uncomfortable if his hot house-mate was there, too. (I'm talking a designer T-shirt that fits nicely, slip-on shoes and jeans, nothing more).

- De La Soul

Reaction score
de la soul i said at CLUBS ok so get of my back. AND HE SAID HE IS ASKING FOR EXAMPLES ON HOW TO DRESS LIKE A PLAYA . not a friekin nice guy ok . you dont like how i talk well you dont know how i talk I TYPED THIS YOU CHUMP. learn to read first then talk .

LATEZ!!!

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Digital Mastermind1
de la soul i said at CLUBS ok so get of my back. AND HE SAID HE IS ASKING FOR EXAMPLES ON HOW TO DRESS LIKE A PLAYA . not a friekin nice guy ok . you dont like how i talk well you dont know how i talk I TYPED THIS YOU CHUMP. learn to read first then talk .

LATEZ!!!
Wow. You showed me.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, truth be told, I actually didn't read the original post correctly. If you're wanting to dress like a "playa" it all depends on what a "playa" is.

Tell us a little about your appearance before you go out chasing a certain look. For example, if you're a short, balding guy the "slick playa" look might not be for you...

- De La

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
be careful with the jewels and I am not talking below the belt. My DJ wore waayyy to much (but not at first.. it was a gradual additon.. very funny, I still can't figure it out) But in the end it was the one thing that turned me totally, off. And it's helped to get over him.

I mean one or two silver rings fine. But four and a gay girlie necklace and a bracelt is just too darn much. And gold diamond pinkie rings or any diamonds at all is a big fat NO! Unless your name is Vinny, you live in Vegas and own a club:)

Overall this man had great taste! He only wore designer clothes. Drove a new volvo. Very classic and tasteful. The more I saw him the more every now and then he would wear another ring or whatever.

If you are in a band and your name is Tommy Lee then sure.. Pierce your tongue if you want.. But I say keep it to a min. Less is better and earings forget about it unless you are in your early 20's or like I said in a band....

Stick to neutral colors, black, navy, browns, creams, whites..if you have trouble matching. Never ever wear a Hawaiin shirt. I don't care the occasion. Or a ribbed tank top unless you have the body of the coca cola guy. If that is the case then give me your phone number:) JK..

Shoes... If you are very short.. please don't try and wear obvious platforms. They look ridiculous and she might not notice right away but she will after you banged her and she sees them off. My DJ wore these and it always made me laugh. Without pants on, in his boxers.. if I were to paint a red nose on him.. he'd look like a clown.. Just be yourself.

Hmm... and if you are on a very tight budget.. I love banana republic and yes, Nordstroms.. That is the best store ever.. Of course, I would say that:)

The key is to dress well but not overly well. I mean women like to shine. You should look put together but if it is over the top you will look cheesy or she might think you are gay.

And as far as your house or home. Keep it nice but no flowers or anything that says you hired a decorator.. Gay! I would never date a man that dressed better than me or whose apt. is more decorated than mine.. Or any man that owns a cat or exotic pet. But that is a whole other matter and I am obviously, troubled.

As far as PhatFarm or rockawhatever... If you are 20 and it suits you and you are "clubbing" or "chilling" or whatever you say.. then fine. But I personaly, hate that look. Depends on your age, situation.. If you are a professional with a job leave the hip hop rags alone..JMO.. And goes without saying no floods or pants that hange too low or too high... lower is better than high tho:)

And no dress socks with casual chinos or pants..My dad does that and it drives me nuts.. But then he is 80. Still a very good dresser. He wears hermes ties and very very nice suits.. My mom dresses him tho:)

Good luck!

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like hip-hop wear. Some of it can be very classy as well.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shirt tucked or untucked?

Does anyone have pics or examples of various suggested styles?

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy F()CK! Do not get your tongue pierced, LOL. That is retarded. Damn, if you don't have a sense of style go into Structure, Rich's, Macy's, DKNY or Guess and take a look around, ask somebody. Wear a silver watch, if you want to wear a necklace go to Hot Topic or Hello Kitty cuzzy you might as well flame out at that point. Or if you want, you can get a necklace and a tongue ring- but don't forget to do the belly button.

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal Clubbing atire (usually) is pretty simple, yet stylish and very touchable.

Starts off solid color (neutral color) t-shirt for the base (black/white/grey/navy blue are good places to start since they'll go with a lot).

A colored shirt, usually cotton, sometimes suede, sometimes silk, (Red, Black, White, Navy Blue, Tan, Grey, or combination there of) over the T-shirt, tucked in (sometimes not) buttoned up leaving 2 buttons open.

Black/Grey/White Pants/Khakis, or maybe even a nice set of stylish jeans.

Black, Brown, White or Tan Belt.

Shoes depend on either the Belt or color of the Atire worn.

IE.

Black overshirt, white undershirt (t-shirt), black pants, black belt = black shoes.

White Overshirt, Black undershirt, White pants, Black belt = Black shoes.

Tan shirt, Black undershirt, black pants, black/tan belt = tan shoes / Black shoes

But sometimes shoes make a good contrast if your going more for a streetable atire as well.

Ie. Black shirt, Black T-Shirt, Black Jeans = Tan shoes.

Just don't go for too much of a contrast or you'll end up looking like a fairy :D.

Oh, almost forgot for jewels, etc... I'm usually set wearing a 24" long either 1/3-1/2 inch wide Silver or Gold Figaro Chain (depending on the situation/atire/mood). With 2 Gold, or Silver rings, and a Nice watch (usually a Movado in either silver, gold, or both :D ).

Jacket wise, I usually stick to Black/White/Brown, leather or not.

Also, if you need glasses don't take the funky colored oakley's, they're for highschool kids/poseurs :D. If I wear glasses/sunglasses, I usually wear my oakley splice (black on black), or one of my rayban predators with clear lenses (clear blue, or something else) sometimes with semi-reflective lenses (reflects in the light, appears black when not in the light).

IMO if you like the flashy colorful oakleys, stay away from them in a more dressy setting, go with something like Ray-ban instead, it's a bit more classy/sophisticated looking, where as oakley's are more trendy/sporty IMO (although they do have a few that could be considered classy).

Then get a good haircut, maybe use gel if it suits you.

Then to top it off, choose a good cologne :D. You can also choose cologne to suit the wardrobe too if you have a good selection (as my ex taught me a couple of years ago).

Hope this helps some.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont you guys ever read GQ Magazine? thats like the DJ monthly for style. read a few issues and you will start to get the genral idea on how to dress. trust me.

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should wear the clothes, your clothes should not wear You.

style is important...
but if u get too much on this, u'll get ur head fu(ked up... go out there, and keep trying things untill u think that there's something U CAN WEAR.
WhoAmI

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're just hanging out at a "chill place" like pool halls, bowling, diner, etc.. then jeans and a nice leather jacket works best for me.
i dont know why but leather seems to bring out the musculine look of a person, just give everyone a favor and dont wear tight leather pants.:D

p.s. digital mastermind1- you're 26 years old and i thought people outgrew that hip-hop/gangsta phase by the age of 20... i did that about a year ago.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dress like Marilyn Manson :p Or better yet, some of his bltches.