Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dr. Phil Squashes Men's rights.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just noticed you are Anconia, not Arconia. Haha

Yes, the first step is the individuals attitude. And then the law, have some stepping stone to defend oneself, which apparently is non-existant.

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I agree with Dr. Phil. The guy made a choice to not use a condom. I'd wear one no matter what the girl said. He has no argument, he had the choice, and he chose not to wear a condom.

Sucks for him.

You know, you can say Dr. Phil is a 'terrorist' but if you were in that same situation, no matter how you spin it, it is the guy's fault.

I'm sure it's not the first time the girl wasn't completely upfront with him. It was his fault for letting stuff slip.

And if I ever got into such a situation I would pay for it. I wouldn't want the kid to grow up and know that I didn't want to be his father. It is his child, he needs to grow up and stop being so immature.

If you think about it, he's probably paying his lawyer and that other guy more than $500/month right now to defend him. Lawyers usually charge around $200/hr...I know, I've had one before.

Btw, the reason they show more women in the audience is because there usually are no guys in a Dr. Phil show audience. His main audience is 95% women probably.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Because I think this is a chump, I'm still compelled to write.

The law SHOULD be changed. Period. End of story. But this guy will end up being a martyr to the cause. I do agree, the law is UNbalanced, in the sense a woman's biological right prevails over the man's choice. Now IF she choices she wants the baby, and decides NOT to exercise any care in the outcome, she bears FULL responsibility for it. That should be clear and evident.

However, we all men know this should be an uphill battle because society DOES NOT WANT a bunch of welfare women. They don't want people humping and abandoning kids to either parent. Society does not want, nor can it handle, a bunch of people with laws bending its whims to whatever the sexual moors of the times are. It SHOULD be fair and equal, period. End of story. It's a touchy area because you're dealing with a woman's body, and that has HUGE repercussions in law. If you begin saying you can determine legality IN the body, where is the boundry?

Bottom line...if a man chooses NO, despite all attempts at protection, he shouldn't be forced. Moreover, if she chooses yes, and he makes attempts to be a father and involved, and the relationship does not work, and for whatever reason, she just wants his paycheck, then she should not get it.

This kid was DUMB DUMB DUMB. Double dumb.

[]He didn't use protection
[]He treated the hookup or relationship like a business; every man knows a woman has a strong biological imperative, everything out of her mouth, or on her body is made to bring that specific reaction of manifest mating.
[]He trusted her too much
[]He told her he didn't want to be a father, which likely made her bitter. "What, you can fvck me, but you can't be with me?"

Bottom line, don't go that far with a woman whom you don't want kids with or to be father with or to marry. This should be a drastic lesson to all you guys not wrapping it up, sleeping with sluts you don't want a baby with, and would never do well in a crisis mode. The worst situation is getting a psycho, illogical bytch who'd put you on payroll for 18 years.

A-Unit

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr. Phil wussed out and took the "PC" position.

Yes, it is very unjust for him to pay child support, because she told him there is "absolutely no chance" of her getting pregnant, and he told her straight up that he had no intention of being a father.

Was he a fool to trust her? Absolutely!

Should she be rewarded for deceiving him into being her sperm donor? Absolutely not!

Perhaps he should have called her bluff, and went for full custody if he had a chance of getting it. On the basis of her poor character, he may have had a shot. That would really make the b1tch sh1t bricks. :cool:

The upshot of this ruling: women get rewarded for deceiving men.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't even write the sonofab1tch without opening up yourself for them to spam and junk mail you to hell.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Rule #1 NEVER trust a byatch...

Rule 2 Take care of the children you create.

The fool should have worn a condom, not only to stop pregnancy, but to shield himself from STD (reference rule 1-never trust a HO)

I think that we should be able to make women sign a reproductive contract before we engaged in sex that says that if u pregnant you are own your and I will not support yo financially or emotionally. Men have do not have ANY rights.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK point one: Dr. Phil is a high preist in the cult of Oprah. Every woman in that audience loves the guy, but none of them would sleep with him if they met him in a bar.

Point two, and more importantly, he's right about the responsibilities, but for the wrong reasons. The chump in this story is the father and he should Man up and support his kid. All of the bravado and stuborn, self-righteous resolve he has now should've been applied when he was banging this girl. He comes off as this hard ass who's committed to his convictions now that his nuts are on the anvil, but like most AFCs I'm sure this guy thought he'd hit a sexual jackpot with this girl and got comfortable. FRANCISCO's correct here, WTF would she need birth control pills for if she was unable to conceive? You could make the argument that she used them to regulate her menstrual cycle, but lets get real here.

That said, this is yet one more occurance of 'birth fraud'. Dr. Phil loves to pop off with these self-righteous, sympathetic pulls to his all female audience, "Is anyone thinking of the child here?" knowing he'll get approval from his cult members. Well, we sure as hell can't ask the mother if she was thinking about the best interests of the child she defrauded this man into having with her now can we? We can't ask her if she was thinking this guy would make a great father for her child, we can't ask her if she'd had kids or abortions by other men prior to (or after) this guy can we? We can't discuss the fact that if the roles were reversed and the woman wanted to abort a child that the man wanted he's still just as fvcked because the law is on her side. We can't discuss the fact that "accidental" pregnancies are practically a cottage industry these days.

The guy was an idiot, granted, but this is yet one more instance of masculine villany and feminine empathy in the media. All this serves is to reinforce the mythology that anything masculine is to be ridiculed, feared and held with contempt. We all pay a social cost for lopsided, popularized portrayals of masculinity. Dr. Phil practically spooges over himself thinking how many books he'll sell and how many women will love him for more completely identifying with them. This guy and his 'crack' law team will gleefully deposit the big check from Oprah the next day for appearing on the show (sorry but the ponytail lawyer only makes it look like they took a break from playing Dungeons & Dragons to go down to the studio to tape the show). All of the women in the audience will shake their heads and think "that poor, poor mother, tsk, tsk,.." as they contemplate and confirm their plight as women opressed by men who "just don't get it." And all of the advertisers will fork over even more money to have thier commercials played on the next show.

The real fallout from this will be the AFCs who'll follow in this guy's footsteps due to exactly the dynamic that Dr. Phil is fostering here.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lesson here is to never trust a woman.

Don't believe anything she says, especially when it's something you want to hear (it's manipulation of some kind), and especially when it's about kids, because she knows that a kid is her ticket to Easy Street even if she hates them as much as you do.

Reaction score
Visceral said:
The lesson here is to never trust a woman.
Agreed.

That is why you should always have a backup plan and always use protection. When you leave such decisions that affect YOU in someone else's hands... they will screw it up.

It's better to be safe than to pay out of your ass for the next eighteen years.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good discussion...

It reminds me of a quote a former poster named Giovanni Casanova once posted. Something like....

"Paternity laws will be fair only when men start giving birth."

I happen to agree with him......

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Survivor said:
This is a good discussion...

It reminds me of a quote a former poster named Giovanni Casanova once posted. Something like....

"Paternity laws will be fair only when men start giving birth."

I happen to agree with him......
Good quote, I agree as well. Isn't he still around though?