Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Double date on 3rd Date?

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last Thursday I went on a second date with this girl (one of several I'm working). Let's call her Jen. (FYI: She's 23 and I'm 24) I was half-an-hour late picking her up due to traffic and getting a little lost. Anyway, she didn't seem to be bothered by it. I apoligized when I got to her house and then let it drop (I didn't constantly apologize throughout the night like an AFC).

We went to a French restaraunt that was more expensive than I had anticipated, but it seemed to go well. Toward the end, I was becoming more C&F. I got some good jokes in and made her laugh a lot.

When I dropped her off, she invited me in and I met her parents. I made a VERY good impression on them. Now, I KNOW this is very risky territory with the parents and all, but she lives with them so it was inevitable. Anyway, she saw me out and gave me a hug. I said, "Can I give you a kiss?", not really asking but basically saying, "Get your head off my shoulder so I can kiss you!" She gave me one and that was it.

So, this afternoon there is a message on my machine. She wants to go to a museum im DC next weekend with another couple. She specifically called it a "double date", so I have a good feeling I'm MILES away from "friends" territory.

I'm going to go on this date no matter what you guys say :) But I was wondering what your thoughts are on the matter? The cool thing is that I was thinking about asking her out for this week, but then she called me first! (ALWAYS wait to call, guys!). Any common pitfalls in a double date? My biggest hope is that this other couple is very unattractive :)

Reaction score
s*** man! you're on your way! just don't let it get to your head.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...

It seems as if you have already made a very good impression on her already. The only potential drawback to a double date on the third date is that you probably won't get to know her that much more than you already do now. But, you can still make your DJ moves and perhaps after the date get some alone time.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Well...

Originally posted by StrongBad
It seems as if you have already made a very good impression on her already. The only potential drawback to a double date on the third date is that you probably won't get to know her that much more than you already do now. But, you can still make your DJ moves and perhaps after the date get some alone time.
Yeah, finding some "alone time" is going to be the trick. The other couple is actually visiting from another part of the state, so I think they might be staying at her (i.e. her parent's) house. I've essentially given up on the idea of "alone time" for this particular outing. I got good grades with her parents, so now it's time to see if I can do the same with the friends. Then, I'll invite her to my place next week :) This is actually a very good lead-in to a simple "pizza and a rented movie at my place" date :)

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, in my experience, once you make the good impression on the parents, you guarantee the fact your going to get laid...So put in your time at the musuem, be charming and witty witht the friends, and lay on the sexual tension with the chick...This is pretty much housekeeping for the relationship...Plan on the next weeks date for some skin jockeying.....g/l

LAY THAT PIPE

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DankNuggs
Well, in my experience, once you make the good impression on the parents, you guarantee the fact your going to get laid...
Really? I thought the opposite could be true sometimes. Being a guy that mom & dad "approve" of may make you more boring in her book.

But then again, maybe that stuff ends when girls get out of their teens. This girl I'm seeing is 23, and is definitely not rebelling against her parents or anything.

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl's using this extended visit to test your mettle. Show her who the real player is.

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think if it goes well with the friends you're in. but i also think she might not be the type who does "that kind of stuff" with "someone she just met" so let us know how it goes. you might have the type who expects an engagement ring first. i'm really curious if it works out, hope it does, and also if you can tell us how you met and scored the date in the first place

A1

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by A1SteakSauce
i think if it goes well with the friends you're in. but i also think she might not be the type who does "that kind of stuff" with "someone she just met" so let us know how it goes. you might have the type who expects an engagement ring first. i'm really curious if it works out, hope it does, and also if you can tell us how you met and scored the date in the first place

A1
Hi,

I had met her online, and she seemed really into me from the word "go." Our first meeting was at a coffee shop in the mall. However, it was at least a month until we went on our second date. She was applying to grad schools so was unavailable. And on the weekends she went out of town.

Obviously, I had my guard up. But experience told me she was genuinely busy so I kept working it. Last week, I set up a Thurs. night date and what happened is described in my post above. So, she contacted me for the 3rd date, which I've now confirmed will be a double-date next Saturday morning.

You're right...she isn't a wild party girl and has her head on pretty straight, so I think she's not the kind of girl to get crazy with a guy she's just met. That's fine by me. I'll try to get some Kino going on this double-date, and that should lay the groundwork for a more physical 4th date.

I'll keep you posted.

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
it sounds good. the hardest part is getting from online to real world. that's impressive. keep us posted

A1

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by A1SteakSauce
it sounds good. the hardest part is getting from online to real world. that's impressive. keep us posted

A1
OK, went on the date today. Here's what happened:

She picked me up at my apartment around noon. We went into DC and met her friends before going into the museum. No one was that impressed with the museum, but we all got along really well. We walked around a bit. We left DC and then all went to have dinner at the girl's parent's house. So, it was me, "my" girl, the other couple, and my girl's parents having dinner. I again made a very good impression on the parents. I left around 9:00pm.

OK, pros and cons:

PROS
- I got along well with the friends and that certainly made me look better in her eyes.
- The other couple gave us plenty more to talk about.
- Got to meet new people.

CONS
- Never got alone time with her.
- I was definitely the "outsider", so there were a lot of insider stories I couldn't relate to.
- Didn't have as much control of the situation (I was 1 guy amongs 3 other people).
- It didn't really feel like a date.

This double-date was effectively 9-hours long (it was basically a day-trip in DC with a visit to her parents afterwards). That may sound like overkill, but remember, it was a Saturday afternoon. The atmosphere was more like "friends hanging out" than an actual date.

OK, I know I used the dreaded "f" word in that last paragraph. But I think I'm a safe distance from LJBF territory. She invited me on this trip; she took the initiative to kiss me when we said goodbye. But really, I've GOT to get this girl alone ASAP. We've met 3 times and we have barely kissed.

So, I think I'm going to invite her for a simple night-in this week. Pizza and a rented movie, that's my plan. It's time for some low-key stuff. I've got the approval of her parents, probably the approval of her friends, and I've played the game pretty well up until this point. In the past, I think I've invited girls back to my apartment too early. Not this time. Her Anti-Slut Defense is down, so I think the coast is clear.