"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

don't get caught

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
Hey aspiring DJ's I just wanted to warn everyone about a particularly dreadful type of one-itis. The "not wanting to lose" one-itis. I am sure we have all been there, we don't fall in love with the girl or anything afc like that, yet we keep trying simply because we think that she should be all over us and it puzzles us that she isn't. Then you spend all your energy trying to get some girl that you don't even like that much. This type of situation can set you back tons and it can strike even when you you are strengthening as a dj(actually this is when you are most susceptible).
So remember, no one can ever batted 1000. Accept it and move on.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Thank you sage, for bestowing your presence and words to us mere mortals!:)
 

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
No problem pr-lover, I like to help others every once in a while.
It is simply this is something I haven't seen discussed for a while.
Si no te gusta el aviso, no tienes que responder, o puedes decir porque no te gusta el aviso.
 

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by comote
Hey aspiring DJ's I just wanted to warn everyone about a particularly dreadful type of one-itis. The "not wanting to lose" one-itis. I am sure we have all been there, we don't fall in love with the girl or anything afc like that, yet we keep trying simply because we think that she should be all over us and it puzzles us that she isn't. Then you spend all your energy trying to get some girl that you don't even like that much. This type of situation can set you back tons and it can strike even when you you are strengthening as a dj(actually this is when you are most susceptible).
So remember, no one can ever batted 1000. Accept it and move on.


Man Iam going to b!tch slap myself till I start crying.


stupid stupid stupid............ouch! I hit a sharp corner:eek:
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
En que pais vive?

I have nothing against your advice - you just stated the obvious!

Going after someone that doesn't want you is a waste of time and it is not really a challenge, it is putting your efforts on the wrong person when time could be spent pursuing a more worthy subject.. Like you said, "why spend all that energy on a girl you don't like much" - for ego? For sex? Men pursue for a reason, it is only up to them to decide why they want that target!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
Vivo en los E.U.
I know the advice seems obvious but still, alot of times we can get an ego. I got caught up in chasing a woman I didn't even like, simply because my ego wouldn't let me next her. I knew all about nexting and challenge and mystery and I did everything correct, except next her when I should have. The sick thing is I even thought I was doing it the DJ way, but I wasn't, simply because I forgot the number one rule:
always be willing to walk away.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
fools, it's easy. just IGNORE/CUT OFF CONTACT.
 

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
646
Reaction score
1
Although the classification of this type of One-itis is purely academic, it is a legitimate class of One-itis.

In my opinion, the classic case of one-itis is one where you want the chick. It is where you put too much value in the chick, thereby causing you to really chase her. You cannot live without her, or think that there are better chicks out there.

However, this case of One-itis Comote pointed out is different. It is not a case where you think the girl is too good. She is not. Rather she is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for you, therefore you think bagging her would be a walk in the park.

However, she is not responding how she is SUPPOSED to, as with all the other girls. So you put in more and more effort. And since you have put in SO MUCH effort, you convince yourself that she is ACTUALLY VALUABLE and you chase her even more.

I have fallen for this trip recently. It is NOT GOOD. It took my wing to b!tch slap me out of it.

Good observations.
 
Top