"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Don Juans are not robots

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
Their not people that memorise thousands of paragraphs of text and put it to use.

They're not people that remember canned lines in order to get what they want.

What they are, are the few people in the world intelligent enough to seek the best advice possible in order to achieve success with women.

You'll all have your own various opinions, not everything written here is gospel.

For example I don't agree with the idea that guys shouldn't flirt, but I do agree with a huge amount of stuff on here.

Being a DJ is about developing your own character with the help of the excellent articles and field reports available on this site.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Guys shouldn't flirt. I really can't see how walking around flirting with women will get me any place. I just can't imagine doing such a thing.

You will have to give some examples that define your concept of flirting.

For me flirting is an action that solicits attention. I don't need attention from a woman. I'm not an attention *****. Women come to me because they want my attention. They are masters at flirting so it is really their job anyway.
 

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
Why is that people always say that being a DJ is about being a success with women, then they say that a true DJ doesn't need women to feel complete? There's a contradiction here.

I know this is going to sound weird to some people here, but it doesn't take a successful man to get women
[Read this post by TheInfamousCBear http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59666 ]

Any fvcker can get girls, but that doesn't make him better than the successful man who isn't getting any, because it's just about time till he realizes the techniques, and when he does, he won't have a problem since he is a successful man, and women dig that.

I know Don Juans shouldn't be robots, I truly despirse how some so-called pick-up artists just memorize lines.

"Hey I need a female opinion on something.. who lies more, men or women?"

I heard a guy say that line to another girl right infront of my eyes, and I felt like I just saw through him, I saw how fake he was.
I don't care if he got that girl nailed by the end of the night or not.. all I know is that he's fake, and I wouldn't want to be him or even befriend him.
Just like there are fake guys, there are fake girls. Girls aren't special. You folks put them on pedastals when you judge a man's success by the amount of women he had.
 

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
Following the advice on hear is not being a robot at all. On most things you can see that if there is a large consensus among the guys on a certain topic, then for the most part what they are preaching works.

The point is that you should follow the advice and tinker it as to whats works best for you. If you get rejected by a good advice, you should go back and figure out why it didn't work for you and change that approach to something better suited.

What it really comes down to is practice and experience.

Let say you bought a new Motorcycle and you don't know how to drive it. The forum gives you the manual and its up to you to learn by yourself, get a few bruises and cuts and get into few small but not serious accidents. Eventually you are going to figure it out, become a good rider, throw the manual away and ride however you please into the sunset.
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Routines, openers, memorized stuff are fun games and social experiments. Don't be so serious. Have fun.

This stuff is also to help you when you blank out and can't think of anything.

Understand the mechanics behind this canned stuff you're talking mess on and then come up with your own openers and stories that aren't "fake."

Or work on going direct if you think that's "more honest."
"You're cute. I'd like to get to know you."

Using canned stuff isn't the problem. It's all in how you approach this material. The super serious attitude, "Do X or you're toast and the girl will totally get over on you" is not good. That's a paranoid uptight unnatural mindset that oozes insecurity even if you spit the best lines around.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top