Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don Juan Hall of Fame

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got the idea for this while writing a reply to Nexus' thread "About the Master DJ Title..."

If you've read it, you might remember I used the example of the baseball Hall of Fame (to demonstrate that ball players don't get in the HOF just by playing lots of games, or playing for a long time; they get it for playing good baseball).

So basically here's my idea: Instead of the Master Don Juan title being earnt just by posting a lot, the Master Don Juan title (or maybe something different like: "Don Juan Hall of Famer") could be given as a result of the quality of posts, not the quantity.

Here's how it would work:

1. When you feel like you've earnt the title, you email Alan (or whoever is in charge) with your application for the Don Juan Hall of Fame. This application only consists of five samples of your posts (obviously these will be your best five posts)

2. The person in charge (Alan?) looks at these posts and decides whether or not you have a good enough understanding of the Don Juan principles and whether or not you can teach people well about these things

3. If your posts are good enough you are inducted into THE DON JUAN HALL OF FAME. This would mean that under your DJ name, there would be written "Master Don Juan", "Don Juan Hall of Famer", or something like this. Also, there would be a link, to your five best posts so that newbies can learn what the best posts are without having to do long searches.

4. There would be a link on the main page of sosuave.com to the Hall of Fame, where you could see their 5 best posts.

5. Alan has the write to strip Master Don Juans of their title.

I believe this is the best possible way of sorting the best from the rest. It judges quality not quantity, while at the same time giving newbies easy links to great posts. Obviously the standards would be reasonably high and a few modifications would have to made to the idea, but I definitely think this option should be closely looked at.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do so many of us have such a profound need to create unnecessary heirarchies on this forum? The real Don Juans would be those who would refrain from applying to such a useless "Hall of Fame" and go be big man on the big campus called life rather than big man on the small campus that is this forum.

Stop worrying about who's who on this message board and GO GET LAID, FOR LOVE OF GOD!!!

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
GO GET LAID, FOR LOVE OF GOD!!!

HAHA Don't worry about it "trickynick" I've got no problems with that.

And I don't think there is a "profound need" to create "heirarchies".

It was actually just a suggestion (you'll notice the forum is "Suggestions and Feedback", so I think it qualifies.

I think it would be a much better system than the one presently in place and it would stop the flow of threads about the Master Don Juan system.

[This message has been edited by De La Soul (edited 03-24-2002).]

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Tricky. What is so important about this? Just use this website to gain knowledge, get laid, and share what you've learned.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, essentially I agree with you both but I think either we should scrap the whole Master Don Juan thing, or change to something that everyone will stop complaining about.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
It wouldn't even be possible anyhow, if I'm correct, there is a choice to have no titles or titles set by numbers of posts. It's possible that Allen could edit those titles, I suppose, but it would be a hell of a lot of work and for what? To stroke egos? Pretty pointless.

derWichtigste

Don Juan
Reaction score
geez,

if there will be any hiarchy, it will be YOU being better than any AFCs out there...

that is, if you read whats here.

That SHOULD be enough recognition.

(not directly personally at anyone)

------------------
If you do not control the way how you think, someone else will!
(my view on life, and finally found it in words in one of Pooks posts)

Ich bin vielleicht nicht der Beste, aber ich bin doch besser als die Reste
I am maybe not the best, but I am better than the rest!

If you cant think for yourself, and let others think for you, you deserve what happens to you.