Don Juan Boot Camp. Week #3

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. Here is the thread for week #3. I have the gut that this week is going to be fun. I can already imagine all the war stories and screw up's.

I'm sure it will be fun for the remainig recruits.

Here is the exercise for week #3.

C y'all later.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Exercises

While last week we went out and spoke with ten strangers, male or female, young or old, this time our weekly exercise is to go and hold a short conversation (2 – 10 minute each in length) with women that you would normally be interested in dating.

Now, this may seem a little daunting for some people, but when you stop and think about it, there really is no difference between a drop-dead gorgeous babe and middle-aged guy, at least when it comes to holding a brief conversation.

To be successful, just keep everything in perspective... humans are humans. Do this and you won't have any more trouble with this lesson than you did with the one from last week.

Also, in addition to the reading material from this week, you might want to refresh on the reading material from last week since those articles will be just as useful.

After each conversation, write the results in your journal. After completing the assignment, report back to the response thread and share with us one or two of your encounters.

You have until this time next week, to finish this lesson. As well, keep on practicing the skills you learned in the previous two lessons, so that you don't lose them.

And don't forget the 3-second rule discussed in the previous lesson. You'll find that it will be ten times more powerful now, since it will force you to overcome the fear that often develops when you think too much about approaching an attractive girl. Here's a copy-and-paste of the 3-second rule from last week...

"Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3 second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person."

Okay DJs, let's keep up the momentum. We're getting closer and closer!

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it have to be a HB who is a complete stranger or could it be a girl that is hot and that you barely know?

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, congratulations to everyone who's made it to week 3. I respect you guys.

I'm facing a dilemma though, I feel like I won't know what to say to them once I sit next to them. And these are for girls in my class! I was even intimidated today when I went to class, even though I am still on my high confidence. I don't think I was feeling it and I was doubting myself.

Anyways, I KNOW I will end up cold approaching. But I feel I'll get nervous. Please give me some words of encouragement...

Damn, I love situational openers...it's the easiest to approach. I'll keep my eyes open.

Originally posted by Papi Jack
Does it have to be a HB who is a complete stranger or could it be a girl that is hot and that you barely know?
I think so. Don't do it too much....I'll probably only do it on 2 people. The other 8 will be strangers.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I WAS ON FIRE!!! I went to the mall and I got 4 convos!!!

One of them lasted for 30 mins.

Ok, little recap.

Cute girl at a gift shop (7.5 + 0.5 for smile). I came in with a smile and giving her tons of EC. I told her i was looking for a gift for a friend. I looked at the shelves for a while and without looking at her i asked how her day was and inmediately turned looking her at the eye (always a smile). From there the conversation went on for 5-6 mins until her coworker came in. She was about 45.

In the past i would have been all nervous but this time i just started to joke with both. I'm sure the coworker knew that i was hitting on her friend because 2 mins after she came back, she left to take the trash out or something. So i got her phone and she gave it to me with a smile!!! :D

Hot, tall girl (8.0) in Victoria's Secrets. I had to drag myself in almost literally. The funny thing is that one i started to talk all my fear just disappear. Anyway, same old lie... looking for a gift ;). We talked for about 5 mins about what i was looking for and how many guys come to the store knowing exactly what they want and others have absolutely no clue. I was tempted to ask for her number but she was about 29 or 30 so i didn't. Now I have a friend in Victorias' Secrets.

Beautiful girl (9.0). She was Japanese-American. I went into the store and asked for the manager (i talked to the manager last week for week #2 exercise). She wasn't there so i told her that even though i wanted to say hi to Faye (the manager) i just came in to talk to her. We talked for about 15 mins when she mentioned she had a fiancee... too bad... :( We talked for around 10 more mins before i left. Hey, but not everything is lost, her fiancee plays the saxo and we need a saxo played in my band so i gave her my number, didn't get the girl but i might have got a saxo player :D.

Pretty girl in Aeropostale. 7.5+ (+ = nice butt). Same ol' story about the gift for a friend. We talked for about 3-4 mins. I wanted to ask for her number but she's still in High school so... no.

That was my evening at the mall. I'm off tomorrow so i'll try to get some more.

C y'all.

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
On Monday I went to the gym with some friends. When we finished we started talking to 2 girls behind the entrance desk. My friends works there so he knows them. So it's me, my brother, 2 friends and 2 girls. One is an HB8 and the other an HB5.5. My brother and I instantly become the center of attention because my friends brought something we did into the conversation. Just to let it slide in, it lets us look ridiculously smart. Sometimes I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing. This time I played it off perfectly. I was making EC with the HB8 and we all talked for a while. I think my friend likes the HB8 though so I don't know if I will ever pursue.

But anyways, I just went out with a friend today who brought 2 girls. I was able to talk to them but I just followed the convo, I wasn't able to start it. Man my friend is so c&f. I'll just take it as a learning experience. I didn't do well with those 2 girls (I talked to them but I don't feel like I was trying to hit on them, well at least successfully). I don't know if I will count them. This sucks guys, I don't know if I will finish this week....and I also have spring break next week so I won't be in a college town anymore. We'll see...

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup yall. Papi Jack, I'm glad to see you're doing well.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to do this exercise. I have to commute 4 hours every day to Northridge for work this week. On top of that, I'm coming down with the flu. I haven't gotten any convos in yet, I haven't had time, I've been thoroughly exhausted and now I'm coming down with this ****. Hopefully I'll feel better later this week, so I could bust these convos out. Otherwise I'll have to combine weeks 3 and 4 next week for some sort of hell week.

Good luck guys, I'll keep yall updated.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let me down guys!

I was sick too, i had almost no voice. NO EXCUSE!

Just go to a mall. Try the little stores, they're usually empty so it's easier. Come in, look around for a bit and just say "how has been your day so far?" or "have you been busy today?. Don't just say Hi, everybody says hi. Ask her stuff about her job, then move to school... follow the pattern on the articles for week #2. Remember, you don't have to seduce her (at leats not now) you just have to TALK! Once you start to talk you brain forgets about the fear and start to work on the convo.

Once you get the 1st convo, go for the next while you HIGH on confidence.

C'mon guys!

You have 3 more days.
Remember, it's only we 3 ... we can't start to slack now, we have a long way to go. I promised you last week i'd finish all the exercises, i was hoping to get the same from you.

C y'all later.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to have to postpone work on this bootcamp. Too many recent events have occurred that will make finishing these exercises impossible.

When I volunteered for the bootcamp, I thought I was going to be out of work, as the contract I was working on was set to expire. I signed up for a couple of programming classes and tried to hustle up some freelance work. In the meantime, I figured I would have plenty of time to do the exercises.

Two weeks ago, I got an offer from the company that was taking over the IT outsourcing contract I was previously working. They gave me a full time offer with benefits and much more money than I was previously making. I started working this week and I've had to commute over 60 miles one way for training, and I have to work all this weekend. The 4 hour roundtrip commute has taken a toll on my health, as I'm fighting off the flu and I missed class earlier this week.

Earlier today, I dragged myself to the mall to get some convos in but I felt aboslutely sh!tty, no energy, I could barely open my eyes. At this point I realized how ridiculous this is and that my priorities should be my career and my classes. Instead of getting some much needed rest or going to the computer lab at school to work on my programming assignments, I find myself, tired and ill, walking around the mall, trying to get conversations in, just to complete this bootcamp. I did talk to a couple of middle aged women regarding cologne, I didn't see that many attractive women around that I wanted to date.

At any rate, I'm going to have to put this on hold. My health, my career and my classes are more important than meeting women. I can't afford to jeopardize the opportunity that's in front of me. The bootcamp seems trivial in comparison.

Hopefully I'll be able to rejoin you guys, once I get a hold of my work schedule and get caught up with school and I get better.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I undersatand men... i'm very sorry that you have to stop but, you're right. Get your stuff togather first.

Don't get lost men. Let us know if you decide to come back.

Good luck bro.

Take care.

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand So Many Ways. Good luck :)

I still want to finish this. **** has happened to me last week, so I havn't gotten 10 conversations with girls yet. Spring Break also started for me so I just got to my home and am busy doing stuff with my family. I'm going to extend Week #3 one more week for me. I will have this finished in one week.

Papi Jack, it's me and you --- let's keep pushing.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJ... I'm glad you're staying!

I agree, let's extend week 3. I had a very good day (4 convos) but after that i got stuck. I only got 1 since then.

I think it is a good idea to extend week #3. But let's make it 13 convos instead of 10 alright, just to make up.

Do you agree?

Alright men... let's finish this shlt.

C ya.

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Papi Jack
Hey DJ... I'm glad you're staying!

I agree, let's extend week 3. I had a very good day (4 convos) but after that i got stuck. I only got 1 since then.

I think it is a good idea to extend week #3. But let's make it 13 convos instead of 10 alright, just to make up.

Do you agree?

Alright men... let's finish this shlt.

C ya.
Sounds like a plan.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
6 convos so far...

I just had one at the computer lab. Pretty blond (older than me, like 28). She was looking some videos and i asked her what was that about. They were about rehabilitation for stroke patients. We talk off an on for about 20 mins (3-4 mins total). Nursing major, last semester, from Memphis blah blah blah. I asked for her phone and she said she was dating somebody already. She might have been liying... who knows? I knew i had little chance because the age difference but what the hell, this is just practice.

That's my count so far.

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store today and while I was purchasing my stuff the cashier (HB8) is messing around with another girl talking ****. Man, I knew what I wanted to say but damn, it didn't come out. My mind was rushing with things to say, but my mouth and body would not respond. I need to get over this anxiety.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update...

I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm at work right now but I'll rejoin you guys and get back in the swing of things. I'm not going to give up on this.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote DJLegion:
"I went to the grocery store today and while I was purchasing my stuff the cashier (HB8) is messing around with another girl talking ****. Man, I knew what I wanted to say but damn, it didn't come out. My mind was rushing with things to say, but my mouth and body would not respond. I need to get over this anxiety."

JUST FVKING DO IT!!!

After the first one, you will see how easy it turns.

Quote So Many Ways:
"Just to give you guys an update...

I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm at work right now but I'll rejoin you guys and get back in the swing of things. I'm not going to give up on this."

I appreciate you the update boss... you know we'll be happy to have you back.

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at Barnes&Nobles reading and i see this pretty girl. (8.5).

She looked at me and i smiled, she smiled back but kind of shy. I kept reading my book looking at here every once in a while. The funny thing is that she wouldn't hold the EC.

A guy sits at her table and they start to talk. It was too far to listen well, but it seemed to me that they where speaking in Spanish. I finished reading my book and came up to the table and asked them if they where spanish students. The guy is a high school teacher (very cool guy by the way) and she is studying for the same. I sat down and start to talk to them for about 30 mins before she had to go to class. She offered me her number and I(for courtesy) asked the guy for his number too.

Before they left she told me to call her and to meet them this wednesday. Now, i don't want to fall into the friend zone so i'm thinking maybe not to meet with them wednesday but to call her and try to meet (only) her another day.

7 so far.

Foxhound

Reaction score
Well fellows, I have to admit that I didn't do anything last week because well... I was a lazy ass. I'll admit it. I'm not going to make excusses because I can and will finish this. Although I have alot going on in my life, I made a commitment to finish this.

Going out tomorrow (my day off) to the mall and GOING TO HAVE 10-20 conversations.

Thanks for everyone's motivation and stories to keep me going. Thank you Papi Jack for inviting me to join.

LETS DO THIS!!!!

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Foxhound
Well fellows, I have to admit that I didn't do anything last week because well... I was a lazy ass. I'll admit it. I'm not going to make excusses because I can and will finish this. Although I have alot going on in my life, I made a commitment to finish this.

Going out tomorrow (my day off) to the mall and GOING TO HAVE 10-20 conversations.

Thanks for everyone's motivation and stories to keep me going. Thank you Papi Jack for inviting me to join.

LETS DO THIS!!!!
your're welcome men... i was wondering where you went...

Well, you know the drill. In case you don't know, DJLegion and me (the only ones left) decided to extend week 3 so the deadline and final report for week 3 is sunday 6th.

No slacking from now on...

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PAPI JACK: I see you are always typing interesting things on your bootcamp. Do me a favour? Everytime you post about your day, also post on My bootcamp, id like to compare my days to yours and maybe we can give eachother advice... Thanks.