Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doing 400 to 500 situps a day. When will I start seeing results

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started doing around 400 situps a day this weekend. I know things don't happen over night but how long until I started seeing results. I'm not fat at all I just want my stomach to be all the way flat I can see a little diffrence in my shirts how I don't have a small pudge that much. I will start running about 12 miles a week that's all I can do because of work.

------------------
-Roman W

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you will start to see results when you do 10-12 every other day with a weight on your chest on an incline bench, during a proper exercise routine. otherwise you are wasting your time

also, you should run with intensity at most 20 - 30 minutes, preferably in the morning before you eat or with a very small snack

I dont know about you, but I dont have all the time in the world to waste on exercise, so work smart, not hard

"High Repetitions Burn More Fat Myth" http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Myths.html#anchor7319578

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 11-20-2002).]

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you will start to see results when you do 10-12 every other day. I don't understand what that means?

------------------
-Roman W

The-Missing-Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey
I work my abs only once a week. I do 3 sets of weighted crunches (15kg) with a rep range of 20-30. That's more than enough

The-Missing-Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
But the most important thing ist that you learn the proper form of doing crunches otherwise you could hurt your back

Eltosian

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were deadlifting, cleaning and snatching a lot of weight, your midsection would already be very strong.

Crunches are a waste of time, IMHO.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are trying to tell you that you have to train with weights. Legs are very strong, so in order to load them you need to do 10-15 sit-up, but with considerable weights. 50-80 kg is enough.

But you need proper instructions and strong back before you begin doing this. So make sure you do it right and safely.

------------------
_-=/Comrade Vronski\=-_

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll start seeing results when you go on a diet and bring the cuts up. You've already got a six pack, everyone does, they just aren't lean enough to see it.

Also - you only need to work abs once a week. Hit them hard and with weight and a good contraction. If you do squats and deadlifts, you're already getting plenty of ab work.

One more thing. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach has got to be the stupidest advice ever posted. It's like the stupid gym myth that's gotten out of hand and because it's been parroted so many times, by tons of people who don't stop to think how the body ACTUALLY works, to realize it's a one way ticket to serious catabolism (that's muscle loss for the scientifically uninclined.)

D

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xyzzy:
you will start to see results when you do 10-12 every other day with a weight on your chest on an incline bench, during a proper exercise routine. otherwise you are wasting your time

also, you should run with intensity at most 20 - 30 minutes, preferably in the morning before you eat or with a very small snack

I dont know about you, but I dont have all the time in the world to waste on exercise, so work smart, not hard

"High Repetitions Burn More Fat Myth" http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Myths.html#anchor7319578

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 11-20-2002).]
what!?! 1200 sit ups aday!! where would someone find the time or enery for that?

------------------
"I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid."

The pain of Regret is far worse then the pain of Rejection.

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Diesel I know that the fat hides your abdominal muscles. I just had a thought:

Do you think that the natural muscle tone (of an untrained person) who has low body fat would approximate a 6 pack? Basically what I'm saying is a normal guy with low body fat would have a 6 pack look?

Actually now as I think back to when I was pretty skinny (but didn't workout), my stomach was flat but not 6 pack style. I had a very small waist. But the thing is I never knew my body fat level.

So basically what I was wondering is if the level of muscle development in the abs creates the 6 pack or if that is the natural look as you get down to a certain low body fat. For that matter though I didn't see to many pictures of death camp survivors with 6 pack abs.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricardo:
Hey Diesel I know that the fat hides your abdominal muscles. I just had a thought:

Do you think that the natural muscle tone (of an untrained person) who has low body fat would approximate a 6 pack? Basically what I'm saying is a normal guy with low body fat would have a 6 pack look?

Actually now as I think back to when I was pretty skinny (but didn't workout), my stomach was flat but not 6 pack style. I had a very small waist. But the thing is I never knew my body fat level.

So basically what I was wondering is if the level of muscle development in the abs creates the 6 pack or if that is the natural look as you get down to a certain low body fat. For that matter though I didn't see to many pictures of death camp survivors with 6 pack abs.

1. what the fukk is "tone" ?? Chicks and clueless lifters use the word tone. I hate that word. The correct term is muscle mass.

2. if a person is lean enough will have a six pack, ab work just pronounces it a bit more by bringing the muscles "up" out of the abdominal wall a bit more.

3. there's a difference b/w skinny and lean. In your case and the death camp survivor cases.. you were skinny, but you didn't have a lot of mass.. so even tho you look skinny, your bf levels were still high enough where you couldn't see clear ab definition.

4. In the death camp survivor case.. your body will first metabolize muscle for survival before it hits the fat stores. The fat is the last thing it will tap into.

Why? b/c muscle, which is composed of protein (only takes the body 4 calories of energy to burn, while fat takes 9 calories to burn.. the body being an efficient, adaptive mechanism will continue to burn the easier source (the muscle) until it is forced to tap into its reserves.. (the fat)

D

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL:
you'll start seeing results when you go on a diet and bring the cuts up. You've already got a six pack, everyone does, they just aren't lean enough to see it.

Also - you only need to work abs once a week. Hit them hard and with weight and a good contraction. If you do squats and deadlifts, you're already getting plenty of ab work.

One more thing. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach has got to be the stupidest advice ever posted. It's like the stupid gym myth that's gotten out of hand and because it's been parroted so many times, by tons of people who don't stop to think how the body ACTUALLY works, to realize it's a one way ticket to serious catabolism (that's muscle loss for the scientifically uninclined.)

D
I see what your saying D but I don't have any gym stuff at my house. All I have is a bench with 140lbs of max weight and I have two dumbells that are 20 lbs. I am 6'0 and I weigh 175 and I'm not fat but I want my stomach to be hard and not soft like it is. That's the reason why I am doing all those situps a day and I was going to start running when I have free time. So could you help me out in my situation.

------------------
-Roman W

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what don't you understand. do your crunches - the key is static contraction - and using some weight to bring 'up' the muscle - that'll give you the "hardness" you seek.

but if you ever want to actually SEE them clearly.. you have to do your diet and some cardio.

this has nothing to do with a homegym.. abdominal definition has nothing to do with the gym.

Abdominal definition is won or lost in the kitchen.

D

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like the stupid gym myth that's gotten out of hand and because it's been parroted so many times, by tons of people who don't stop to think how the body ACTUALLY works, to realize it's a one way ticket to serious catabolism (that's muscle loss for the scientifically uninclined.)
hey... you have any reading material that might help those of us that want to know "how our actually works?" any good websites... etc?

------------------
"O che siagura d'essere senza coglioni!"
- Voltaire, "Candide"

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even bother doing ab work. Until I can get my bodyfat lowered enough that it will do any good, that is.

1. what the fukk is "tone" ?? Chicks and clueless lifters use the word tone. I hate that word. The correct term is muscle mass.
I was under the impression that muscle tone is a term used to describe the level of muscle contraction when the muscle is at rest. Tone and mass are supposed to be two different things.

This is not correct?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's what I thought...

Tone and mass are supposed to be two different things
lift big weights for mass
lift big reps for tone...

that's the way I've always understood it

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what don't you understand. do your crunches - the key is static contraction - and using some weight to bring 'up' the muscle - that'll give you the "hardness" you seek.

but if you ever want to actually SEE them clearly.. you have to do your diet and some cardio.

this has nothing to do with a homegym.. abdominal definition has nothing to do with the gym.

Abdominal definition is won or lost in the kitchen.

D
If you have time to right out a good diet for my goal. I like only eat fruits, cereal, and fruit bars. I have pizza once a week and during the day I walk around alot for 8 hours. I also eat eggs twice a week. If you don't mind could you put some things I should stay a way from.

Thanks

------------------
-Roman W