Does this mean I'm facially unnattractive?

DocJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your facial symmetry crap has any cent of worth in it, i would be surprised.

I would lose that idea, it is not helping you. It is hurting you. Have you seen ugly men with good looking women? If you say no, you are lying to yourself to be right about this subject.

Drop the idea, and start picking up chicks.

DocJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop the idea about your face not being good enough. Its hurting your mental being. It is also not real. Ugly guys hook up with and date hot girls ALL the time.

Lose that, and start picking up chicks.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Split personality disorder or what? Are your emotions and sense of rational thought engaged in a tug of war? :p

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
You must be out of your mind if you think I'm about to scour an entire book for your "evidence." Cite some quotes where he says that females care more about facial symmetry than confidence and then we'll talk.

One of the opening lines: "One reason, Kanazawa said, is that beauty is a more valuable trait for a female, and is therefore accentuated in females via natural selection."

Very little about the topic in this article, except this quote: "Men care more about partners looks than women"

Dude, you suck. This is the best you could come up with? I clicked 2 of your links and they both presented evidence of why looks don't matter to women. Back to the drawing board you go. You could also just save yourself some time and own up to smoking some crack rocks you found in a filthy alley somewhere before you posted that, and that Darwin knows more about sexual selection than you do. That's just my advice though. You're free to go back to Google.
Who cares the most about looks is irrelevant to the statement that more looks equals more attraction. You wanted scientific resources, you got scientific resources. Now you want me to quote those resources and if I do, I bet you are going to ask me to write an academic essay on the subject.

You've got what you asked for, now you are going to whine about it. So let's turn the table. Where is your scientific evidence that more looks doesn't equal more attraction.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Who cares the most about looks is irrelevant to the statement that more looks equals more attraction.
That sentence makes no sense. Grammatically I mean, not logically. I just don't know what you're trying to say.

You wanted scientific resources, you got scientific resources. Now you want me to quote those resources...You've got what you asked for
Uh...no I didn't. I asked for resources supporting YOUR case, not mine. I only clicked on a few websites, and they were explaining why looks don't matter to women. There's no table to turn, because you've already done the work for me. Thanks, man. I've been trying to explain how sexual selection works to people just like you for years, and that's the first time any of you have any done anything like this. You really should check the content of the sites that come up in your Google search to avoid another humiliation like this, though.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it. You have to gauge interest by actually walking up to her and making a move. These days people are always on their phones tweeting, Facebooking, texting or chatting. That, or they may really have places to go and things to do. Many girls (and guys) are shy and try to avoid eye contact with strangers.

This whole idea of waiting for eye contact before making a move is quite silly in my opinion. Girls expect to be hit on simply for looking good. They don't want to do anything to get the process rolling. That's entirely on you. In fact a lot of girls are reluctant to do anything to initiate because rejection hurts them a lot more than it hurts guys.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
That sentence makes no sense. Grammatically I mean, not logically. I just don't know what you're trying to say.

Uh...no I didn't. I asked for resources supporting YOUR case, not mine. I only clicked on a few websites, and they were explaining why looks don't matter to women. There's no table to turn, because you've already done the work for me. Thanks, man. I've been trying to explain how sexual selection works to people just like you for years, and that's the first time any of you have any done anything like this. You really should check the content of the sites that come up in your Google search to avoid another humiliation like this, though.
You are repeating yourself, but I guess it's because you don't know what Iam tryinh to say, logically, not grammatically. So I will repeat myself as well

Even though girls don't care as much as guys do about looks, it is still a significant factor determining attraction. So looks do matter.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
You are repeating yourself, but I guess it's because you don't know what Iam tryinh to say, logically, not grammatically.
Actually, that's the first time I've ever made a post like that for the reason I mentioned earlier. No "looks matter" guy has ever provided me with evidence backing ME up.

Even though girls don't care as much as guys do about looks, it is still a significant factor determining attraction. So looks do matter.
No they don't. Men are physical creatures, while women are emotional. Looks don't really factor into the equation, despite what you think about every person on sosuave.net being "ugly", as you put it. Disagree with Darwin? Show me the sources. Sources backing YOU up, this time. ;)

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Actually, that's the first time I've ever made a post like that for the reason I mentioned earlier. No "looks matter" guy has ever provided me with evidence backing ME up.

No they don't. Men are physical creatures, while women are emotional. Looks don't really factor into the equation, despite what you think about every person on sosuave.net being "ugly", as you put it. Disagree with Darwin? Show me the sources. Sources backing YOU up, this time. ;)
Dragons do exist, disagree with Chuck Norris? Show me the sources.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Dragons do exist, disagree with Chuck Norris? Show me the sources.
I'll take your transition into the surreal as your resignation. Or, you could be a man and admit that you were wrong and that scientists who have devoted their lives to researching this and have won Nobel Prizes as a result WERE right after all.

This is the face of the "looks matter" camp, people. Subscribe to their self-limiting, pro-AFC, anti-DJ feminine line of thought at your own risk.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
I'll take your transition into the surreal as your resignation. Or, you could be a man and admit that you were wrong and that scientists who have devoted their lives to researching this and have won Nobel Prizes as a result WERE right after all.

This is the face of the "looks matter" camp, people. Subscribe to their self-limiting, pro-AFC, anti-DJ feminine line of thought at your own risk.
Nah, I realised you are just a troll trying to get my attention and making me defend myself. I'm done with you.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Nah, I realised you are just a troll trying to get my attention and making me defend myself. I'm done with you.
You made outlandish statements and failed to back them up. When someone calls you out on making wild untrue statements that are of detriment to this community, this is nowhere near the definition of "trolling."

I have no need for the attention of someone who refuses to admit when they are wrong. There's really nothing for you to defend, either. Trying to defend the indefensible is pointless...which is why nobody tries to defend the position that the Earth is flat or that cigarette smoking is good for you.

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JJ123x said:
So I've come to the conclusion that even though a few girls in the past have said I'm 'cute' I must be nothing special facially, or only good looking to a few chicks and not the majority.
Hey man if a few girls have told you your 'cute' in the past then thats exactly what you are. When I was younger I used to think I was abit on the ugly side, one girl once even told me that. Yet girl after girl told me I was good looking and gorgeous I eventually realised that indeed I was and now I know the chicks want me.

The bottom line is, women think your cute. You've been told this in the past (many girls wont even tell you) and your attitude should reflect your own self acknowledgement of your good looks.

Tesl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
I've been trying to explain how sexual selection works to people just like you for years
WE KNOW, GIVE IT A REST

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get looks when you wear fitted tops, then you wear fitted tops then!

I dont get looks either when my hair looks like a teddy bear and im wearing my gym clothes.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tesl said:
WE KNOW, GIVE IT A REST
Honestly I would love to, man. Most people here are decent, hard-working Americans (and international citizens, as well) and don't need to be told that the sky's the limit and not to stress about the things you can't change. Unfortunately, however there is a disease that lurks here that just won't go away known colloquially as "Looks matter, deal with it." I tire with having to deal with this problem just as physicians tire of telling patients to take two aspirin and lie down. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a completely reasonable statement.

I'll take your transition into the surreal as your resignation.
You're being disingenuous here. J. Darko provided some links. You only picked out what you wanted to see and ignored the rest. Meanwhile, you continually talk about this supposed research but don't supply links of your own.
Where Darko went wrong was he provided too many links. It would be better for discussion purposes to look at one link at a time. For example:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/aug/17/genderissues.research
A few key quotes:
"he compared the statistics of male symmetry with the lascivious dreams of their partners. Women coupled with men whose ears or elbows did not match were more likely, when at their most fertile, to start fantasising about other men. Those partnered with symmetrically proportioned males were more likely to stay faithful, even in their dreams."

and

"Physical symmetry is interpreted as a sign of good inheritance. And therefore, the theory goes, women in a position to conceive would be more attracted to someone more likely to engender the healthiest offspring."

You can succeed without good looks. But to say they are not a factor is denying reality.
I've also noted that when you start to lose this argument you call for the discussion to be closed by the mod.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
You're being disingenuous here. J. Darko provided some links. You only picked out what you wanted to see and ignored the rest. Meanwhile, you continually talk about this supposed research but don't supply links of your own.
I didn't cherry pick anything. I did a quick skim through of the links I did click and didn't find anything to back up his claims. All I found were statements that explained why he's wrong and why Charles Darwin and I are right. I gave him the opportunity to show me exactly where his evidence lies, which he declined in the form of trying to change the subject. As far as my own links, I have nothing to prove. I've participated in hundreds of looks threads and some of them I pointed people in the right direction to educate themselves about sexual selection. I can't hold everyone's hand in every thread to guide them toward the light. Some people need to open their eyes for themselves. I'm not going to always be there to point the way to Truth and Enlightenment.

A few key quotes:
"he compared the statistics of male symmetry with the lascivious dreams of their partners. Women coupled with men whose ears or elbows did not match were more likely, when at their most fertile, to start fantasising about other men. Those partnered with symmetrically proportioned males were more likely to stay faithful, even in their dreams."
Dreams? Really? This is what it's come to now? Talking about what kind of guys women think about in their sleep?

"Physical symmetry is interpreted as a sign of good inheritance. And therefore, the theory goes, women in a position to conceive would be more attracted to someone more likely to engender the healthiest offspring."
Honestly, I've never considered overall symmetry. I really only deal with facial symmetry since this is what most guys mean when they say "looks matter." Although, what it's important to note is that the head scientists didn't factor in facial symmetry, rather "...submitted their partners to a series of intimate measurements: the size of their ears, wrists, fingers, elbows, ankles and feet." But the thing is, nobody says someone is ugly based on the measurements of their wrists, fingers, elbows, ankles, and feet. Ears may be a big setback, but the other features people just say "Oh, he has ugly feet."

You can succeed without good looks. But to say they are not a factor is denying reality.
Sure, they're a factor. But the effect is negligible. Whether you have a cleft chin is a factor too, but you don't see guys lining up in droves to cry about whether or not looks matter on sosuave about whether or not they should worry about having/not having a cleft chin like we see with threads about their looks. The fact is that it really doesn't make any difference at all whether or not you're good-looking to a female. Offering up good looks to a female is like a girl setting you up on a blind date with her friend saying "Oh, well she has a great personality!" I mean, that's fantastic and all...but it really doesn't tell you anything about what you want to know.

I've also noted that when you start to lose this argument you call for the discussion to be closed by the mod.
Well, there's no argument to be lost on my end. I'm merely communicating the facts. The reason I DO however call for a ban on these pitiful threads is because they're absolutely worthless and serve no purpose. Everything in these things directly contradicts everything that is within the DJ Bible. Joining this site and posting one of these threads is akin to signing a contract without even reading it. Happy belated birthday, by the way.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
I didn't cherry pick anything. I did a quick skim through of the links I did click and didn't find anything to back up his claims. All I found were statements that explained why he's wrong and why Charles Darwin and I are right. I gave him the opportunity to show me exactly where his evidence lies, which he declined in the form of trying to change the subject. As far as my own links, I have nothing to prove. I've participated in hundreds of looks threads and some of them I pointed people in the right direction to educate themselves about sexual selection. I can't hold everyone's hand in every thread to guide them toward the light. Some people need to open their eyes for themselves. I'm not going to always be there to point the way to Truth and Enlightenment.

Dreams? Really? This is what it's come to now? Talking about what kind of guys women think about in their sleep?

Honestly, I've never considered overall symmetry. I really only deal with facial symmetry since this is what most guys mean when they say "looks matter." Although, what it's important to note is that the head scientists didn't factor in facial symmetry, rather "...submitted their partners to a series of intimate measurements: the size of their ears, wrists, fingers, elbows, ankles and feet." But the thing is, nobody says someone is ugly based on the measurements of their wrists, fingers, elbows, ankles, and feet. Ears may be a big setback, but the other features people just say "Oh, he has ugly feet."

Sure, they're a factor. But the effect is negligible. Whether you have a cleft chin is a factor too, but you don't see guys lining up in droves to cry about whether or not looks matter on sosuave about whether or not they should worry about having/not having a cleft chin like we see with threads about their looks. The fact is that it really doesn't make any difference at all whether or not you're good-looking to a female. Offering up good looks to a female is like a girl setting you up on a blind date with her friend saying "Oh, well she has a great personality!" I mean, that's fantastic and all...but it really doesn't tell you anything about what you want to know.

Well, there's no argument to be lost on my end. I'm merely communicating the facts. The reason I DO however call for a ban on these pitiful threads is because they're absolutely worthless and serve no purpose. Everything in these things directly contradicts everything that is within the DJ Bible. Joining this site and posting one of these threads is akin to signing a contract without even reading it. Happy belated birthday, by the way.

This is super in a vacuum and all, but every time I talk to a girl about this subject they tell me they'd rather hook up with the dude with the handsome face.

PUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Though when i see a HB with someone who is fuguly it makes me think either they are :

Very Very confident with themselves
Rich
Famous
Must do something in the bedroom to make her go "whoa"
A actual Master Juan