Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does things get better in the late 20's & 30's?

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As you guys got older, did you find that the younger HB's (early to mid-20's) were more attracted to you because of your age and maturity? (In other words, these younger girls were unapproachable when you were younger). Did you find that these HB's were more approachable? What do you think it is that draws these younger girls to older guys, I mean, obviously there is no draw to older women for younger guys? Is it because young girls look for the "father figure", who has more to "offer"?

smooth666

Don Juan
Reaction score
Young women do get more attracted to you. I guess it is because they feel you have some real experience as a source of your confidence.
I do not agree that older women are not attracted to younger men!! I do not have too much experience,but I have great fun flirting with older women(I mean the natural beauties,who look timeless like anything between 30 and 45). I think it gives them a HUGE confidence boost to be approached by younger men. And they are more mature and do not play the f***** games with you as much as the younger ones.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth666, i meant to say that in general, younger men are not looking to hookup with an older (much older) woman, especially for an LTR.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely - younger hotter girls are more attracted to me now I'm in my 30's.

I think it's for a number of reasons.

1) generally more mature than the 18 - 24 yr old guys that they usually hang out with.

2) more disposable income.

3) more stable (in general) with their life

4) know what they want - more experience with women - in bed etc.

5) more interesting to talk to - more life experience.

I was hitting on a girl a a bar about a month ago. I had noticed her from accross the room - and the fact that she was getting hit on by a guy - early 20's by the look of him - but he wasn't getting far. later on that night I was hitting on her and my made a C&F comment about how she's gotten hit on by every young guy in the room - and that she must attract the kids. Her reply was, that she wasn't interested in the younger guys - because they just want one thing - and that's to get laid. I ended up going home with this chick to my friends house. I thought it was funny that she would not go home with this young guy, but she went home with me.... :D

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep! it gets better so long as you stay on your game and ALWAYS try to improve yourself. you will separate yourself from not only the AFC's in the mid-twenties demo that these chicks so despise, but from the mid-twenties guys that "get it" too.

you will be a step above them (the guys) in ways that the mid-twenties chicks tend to appreciate.

a 25ish woman once told me something that i won't forget...

"why should i waste my time with a "man" my age who MIGHT become all of the things that you ALREADY are?"

(e.g. successful, and the personality traits that caused it to be so)

very profound.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Women appreciate masculinity and all that this entails - obvoiusly, this trait is at its' full potential as you get older. They also know that an older man most likely will not leave her for a younger woman, knowing that we are visual beings and we generally gravitate towards a youthful appearance!

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So far, every aspect of my life gets better every year. That includes during years when times are tough, when I've lost jobs, had major shakeups whatever. It's one of those things that is so great about being a man instead of a woman. We get better and better with age.

I feel better, I look better, and I have better vision of my environment. I feel truly sorry for those schmucks who think high school was the best years of their life. Stand tall when things don't go your way because I promise you that in 5 years you'll look back and see that things were always just in the process of getting better.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with you guys. I have done so much better since I've gotten older (30 now) because of experience.

Women are more attractive.

One huge caveat and we all see it, make sure you take care of yourselves. Tons of guys I went to high school have drank too much and failed to exercise. Being a fatass is never sexy.

I attribute part of my success to that fact, that I've worked out seriously since I was 20 and that keeps me ahead of some of my peers that are 30 now.

caribguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found that as I got older, my taste in women changed as well.

I now only pursue mature women who can appreciate what I can give them. I find the younger girls of today shallow and immature. I use them for pratice and polishing up new approaches.

My taste now runs to the woman who is in her sexual prime. They know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it.

As enter your 30's, if you keep using what you learn from this forum. You will find that..... like fine wine, you'll just get better with age.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, in my late teens, early twenties and even Mid-Twenties, it was all about hot women and having fun.

As you get closer to your thirties and into your thirties things change. You change and your friends change. Your family changes as well.

Some of your friends already have children and some are married. Some are even divorced already.

That feeling of hanging with your buddies every weekend changes into a feeling of wanting to further your career, wanting to meet a women who actually can communicate with you.

Some people seem to never change. They are the same person in their forties as they were in their twenties. But most do.

Everybody is different and everybody grows up and grows older differently.

But when you see a 40 something year old man pretending to be 22, that's just sad. It doesnt matter if hes at a local club trying to pick up 22 year old chics or at the gym trying to show he's stronger then a 22 year old guy or if he's at some bar trying to outdrink another 22 year old guy or girl. It rings of saddness.

I just think you can always learn something and as one person and others have said, as you grow older, you grow more wise and fine.

But if you still think you are 22 when your not, you aren't growing wiser or finer.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it has little to do with looks, but it's definitely because I'm more confident with women now than when I was in my twenties.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For guys life gets much better once they get past the mid 20s to early 30s. It's the opposite for girls.. once they hit the mid 20s and move on to the early 30s.. they start becoming... as you will all agree with "more crazier"

WorldTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Genghis... I have dated more women in the last 3 years than in the previous 7. And they are all whithin the same age range. Its kind of funny, you get older but your dates still look the same.

However, I would say that having more women attracted to you is not what's interesting, what its really great is that you get to know who you are and what you want, therefore you become more selective in the dating game. Therefore you don't look as desperate as in your early twenties, which of course makes the gals become even more interested in you.

Ahhh... it's great to be a man!!!

Glenfiddich101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn. I really needed this post to make me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going thru some 'oneitis' at the moment and this thread is refreshing.

I noticed that i tend to date more as i get older. I'm 28 and the girls range fro 20 to 28. One thing i know is that i prefer dating mature women. They dont give you crap like the young ones do.

Hopefully when i reach 30, i would have dated my fair share of quality women.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, things do get better. I'm 32 and my dating range at the moment is between 22 and 35.

The younger women like you more because you're more experienced, don't take any crap, have more money, don't act desperate, etc, and the older women like you because they are getting desperate for someone to settle down with.

So you get the best of both worlds really, whether you want STR with a 22 year old chickadee or LTR with a mature but still attractive woman in her thirties.

Having said that, you still have to wade through all the usual games and bs, but this does tend to lessen slightly with the older women.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Genghis Juan
As you guys got older, did you find that the younger HB's (early to mid-20's) were more attracted to you .......(In other words, these younger girls were unapproachable when you were younger). Did you find that these HB's were more approachable?
Yes absolutely thats been very much my experience. Don't know if its maturity or what but it definitely is the case with me.

Originally posted by Genghis Juan
What do you think it is that draws these younger girls to older guys, I mean, obviously there is no draw to older women for younger guys? Is it because young girls look for the "father figure", who has more to "offer"?
I'll speculate that its because you're just all round more masculine (for want of a better word), you have hopefully by then achieved a fair bit that you are proud of. (In my case a Physics PhD and well muscled 100kg body and various work achievments). Most guys what ever their field by mid thirties or earlier have risen to some place of authority, prominance (even if its just to the rank of foreman) or have an achievment of some sort which boosts their self confidence.

Even the responsibilty of owning your own home (or mortgage) and generally having an increased level of wealth boosts your self esteem.

And just general life experiences make you tougher and more confident (by then you've had many conflicts - not necesarily physical confrontations - and hopefully won many). You've learnt by then how to handle yourself (in your work and the social tribes you like to frequent) and you know how to interact with the world (you've got the world's number so to speak).

This is especially the case if you are a naturally shy guy like me. I was so incredibly shy in my early twenties, now I can lecture a class of engineering students with the greatest of ease.
I spent a year as a prison officer about ten years ago. The first time I found myself patrolling a prison yard alone with another officer and a couple of 100 inmates I nearly wet myself but as time past I grew more confident. Likewise more recently 3 years ago (even after having being a prison officer) the first time I had to lecture a class of first year students (without any previous teacher training what so ever) I was ultra nervous but in time I grew to handle that with ease and confidence too. These sort of life experiences boost your confidence and sense of authority.

Every guys story will be different and the challenges they've faced different to mine but in general the experience of inceased responsibility and or authority and just dealing with the world in general boosts your self confidence and stature which I think girls are attracted to. There are some guys in their early 20's who have the level of confidence I have now and they get the chicks but shy guys like me take time to develop it but we get there eventually.

On top of that I think its just a natural part of the aging process that makes you more (not sure what the word is) - confident. Like
a previous poster said you don't take bull**** any more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A further point on the self confidence track. At the end of the day I think there is a connection between real achievement/real ability and self confidence (and real achievment/authority tends to increase with time and hence age). Self confidence is just another name for your (confident) beliefs about your self and your abilities and it is hard to force yourself to believe something to be true which you don't genuinely believe to be true or have genuine reason to believe is true.

For example I am confident in my ability at the sports of power lifting and body building, I am not however confident in the sports of cricket (an English/Australian game) or swiming or basketball. Even if I did magically psyche myself into thinking that I was great at cricket, basketball or swimming it would only take me a few rounds of competition in those sports for me to become reaquainted with my true skill level in those sports and my confidence in my skill at those sports would evapourate again. If however I trained hard in those sports (perhaps under professional guidance) my true skill level at those sports would improve and my confidence in my ability at those sports would equally improve (but only in proportion to my genuine skill level at those sports).

The point being that to a certain extent your self confidence has to be based in the reality of past (successful) experiences. You may read a book that says be self confident and you'll get all the chicks but its hard to force yourself to believe something about yourself that is not really true. Basically there is no substitute for the experience of real power/authority/success (including of course success with women) to boost your self confidence and this tends to improve with age (for most men).

An example of confidence needed to be grounded in reality is that I generally get a great deal of self confidence from my 108kg frame (derived from 18 years of body building) but I can imagine some situations e.g. if I had someone pointing an uzi submachine gun in my face or being alone and surrounded by a gang of a hundred bikies weilding iron bars that my normal level of self confidence may drop a bit (because my perception of my reality and my relative ability to handle it may change).

That being said once you've experienced holding power or authority I think it stays with you to some degree even when you no longer physically or officially hold it. (Like a slave set free who will die before he allows himself to become a slave again). That is the past experience of holding authority, weilding power or just winning conflicts leaves its mark on you and effects your mentality so even when you no longer hold that power (because you've lost/changed jobs or you're an old man with no longer a well muscled physique) you retain the mentality that you had when your power was real (perhaps because like the slave whose had a taste of freedom you'll die before you submit to being a beta male again?)

Not only current power but also previous experience winning and dealing with the world boosts your self confidence for future conflicts. For example if I'm teaching an all male class of rowdy first year engineering students am I going to keel over dead because some snotty nosed little brat just out of high school wants to challenge me for group alpha male postion, when I've previously spent a year working in Australia's toughest prison and fought and won numerous previous battles with snotty nosed little brats for class control? Oh I don't think so.

The bottom line is there is nothing like past succesful experience for boosting the general confidence/authority level in your demeanour (which girls are attracted to) and that experience increases with time and hence with age. (Some get it faster than others but I think we all improve with time even shy guys like me).

Last edited:

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aussie -- I can't help noting that you gained 8kg in between posts. That's about 15lbs an hour, I think. Must be a real confidence booster to pack on the muscle like that ;-)