Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does she like me, and is shy, or does she dislike me, but why why why?

The Loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJs,

I've been reading this site for about a week now, and it's been mildly helpful. I have an interesting case, however, so it's probably my situation more than your techniques.

I've known this girl, let's call her Amy, for years and years, since I was 9, at least. She's beatiful, probably a 9.3 on the looks scale, but I would rate her an 11 in my book. She doesn't come any prettier either in the looks or the personality.

I'm homeschooled, which means that I see few girls on a regular basis or even long enough to become friends. The same holds true for the rest of the homeschooled boys in our support group, so as you can imagine, Amy is pretty popular. Because of not knowing any other girls well enough (Or seeing them on a regular basis) just giving up on Amy isn't an option, unless I want to be a loner until I get a car.

Boys have flitted through her life lots of times but currently there is my little brother vying for her attention, and me. Just a week ago there was another guy, but he left town for several months and can not call her either due to phone bilz :)

So by now you're thinking "Surely this guy can beat his little brother when it comes to getting a girl... especially when the girl is but 8 months older than him and 3 years older than the little brother!" ...wrong.

Amy's whole family has been living with us while their new house is finished being constructed. They have lived with us for a whole month, and they will live with us for at least two more weeks. Therefor, lil bro gets to be around her all the time. He doesn't love her, he merely likes people laughing at his corny jokes. He doesn't care what she thinks, or her jokes, or whatever, he just merely wants her to laugh at whatever he says.

I'm not a particularly funny guy. I'm more on the sensible side. I can converse intelligently on most any subject a girl would talk to a boy about, and if all else fails I can simply look attentive and ask intelligent questions. But I'm hardly funny.

Let me give you a brief timeline of what has happened while she has been here:

One of the first days she was here, we were doing school on opposite couches. She mentioned something funny about her book, and I took the oppurtunity to go sit next to her and look over her shoulder. When she was done, I was a bit presumptuius(sp) and said "Oh, you'll get it" and gave her a brief side hug. She seemed annoyed, and I felt like she was avoiding me after that. Lil bro had no crush on her at this time.

Two days later, I can't get her to pay any attention to me. She is out riding her bike and I ask her to wait up. I then say:
"Amy, are you avoiding me?"
"Uh..."
"Be honest, pls".
"No, I don't think so... just depends what kindof mood I'm in".
"Ok, if you are avoiding me, just say so. I can get over it, but don't lead me on."

She didn't say anything, and I went into the house and avoided HER for the rest of the evening.

Two days after that, she seems better, and I invite her to a board game. Afterwards, we're all alone picking up the pieces, and she springs the question on me... "What did you mean the other day, about me avoiding you?"
"Oh... *fumbles around wondering what's going on* I just felt like you were avoiding me, whenever I said something you would go away, stuff like that".
"Oh... I didn't mean to come across that way"
And then we finished, and we went to get a drink, and I said, "Good nite, Amy".
"Good nite!"

I was in pretty good spirits that night.

So things continued, we had fun, nothing else physical other than pillow fights.

Until this last week, when lil bro started hitting on her. He's much more charming, has a ton of jokes, but has no sense and is completely stupid sometimes. He also never brushes his teeth, he stinks to high heaven, and never comes his hair, etc.

But he has charm, and now I can't get a word in edgewise with Amy. It's not like she likes him, as much as being entertained.

It's harder and harder to find fun things to do with Amy because he keeps taking them all.

Now, I feel like Amy won't pay as much attention to me as she used to. I read about girls being shy the more she's attracted to you, and I feel it may be that, but I'm not sure.

Lil bro picked some flowers for Amy this afternoon and gave them to her. She put them in her hair, with just a "thank you" nothing special, not a "Oh thank you "lil bro" these are so special", just a "thank you" like she had to say it.

She wrapped them in her hair and they looked really pretty, so we were alone in the kitchen and I said "Those flowers look nice, what kind are they?"
"The kind that are in the back yard!" *she blushes*
"No, I mean what kind are they?"
"I don't know, they kindof look like roses"
"They look really pretty"
"I didn't make them... they just grew in the backyard"
"No, but you tied them up in your hair" and I reached out and stroked the flowers.

She didn't say anything, I didn't get to look at her face, she put down her glass and walked quickly out of the room. Not like she was annoyed, just like she didn't know what to think and had to get away.

So there you have it. She's gone now, I don't know what to do, I'm so confused. On one hand, she may be crazy about me and doesn't know what to do about it, so she avoids me to avoid the confused feeling, on the other, she may really not be attracted to me at all and not know what to say about it.

What do you guys think? Please remember that I can't just go and get another girl... this is the only one I see on any regular basis.

If it really is a hopeless case (Which I HIGHLY doubt) then I will submit to being a loner until I get a car.

Thank you for bearing with me this long.

- a loner.

Steam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a noob ur a noob so read da bible. I didn't read it all but kind of looks like oneitis

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the Bible, thats all i have to say.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too bad all you have to say doesn't help this poor guy in the least.

Dude, this girl is not interested in your brother at all. The kid smells and he's far too young.

This girl isn't interested in you either. I'm sorry, but she isn't. Girls may act shy when they like you but they'll still want to spend as much time with you as possible.

by the way, you have oneitis. See if you can get into a public school and meet other people. Let your parents know that this is important to your social life. I can't imagine that you would like being home schooled.

You're thinking way too much about this.

The Loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't like me?

Ok, I can get over it someday, I'm sure. I have two weeks left seeing her 24/7 though, is it worth trying to do anything more?

Thanks for the quick replies, although I must say Porky is the only one who helped :)

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Loner

is it worth trying to do anything more?

Yes. Yes u should try to do something. I do agree with porky in that i think she probably isnt crazy about u, but what will it hurt to try?! Regret is 100x worse than failure. Just try. Lighten up, learn some jokes, some witty lines maybe. If she doesnt like u...then too bad for her. Ure mentality has to be one of indifference. If she rejects u, u cant let that into ure head. If she doesnt like u, then shes missing out. Good luck bro.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
This has got to be the saddest thing I've ever read in my life.....

I've known this girl, let's call her Amy, for years and years, since I was 9, at least. She's beatiful, probably a 9.3 on the looks scale, but I would rate her an 11 in my book. She doesn't come any prettier either in the looks or the personality.
You've known her since you was 9? That right there SHOULD tell you something. You are putting this girl on a throne. I can see why you would say this since your on homebound and you don't get to come across many girls. My advice would be to get out and meet more girls.

So by now you're thinking "Surely this guy can beat his little brother when it comes to getting a girl... especially when the girl is but 8 months older than him and 3 years older than the little brother!" ...wrong.
Think like a loser and you shall be a loser.

This
Amy's whole family has been living with us while their new house is finished being constructed. They have lived with us for a whole month, and they will live with us for at least two more weeks. Therefor, lil bro gets to be around her all the time. He doesn't love her, he merely likes people laughing at his corny jokes. He doesn't care what she thinks, or her jokes, or whatever, he just merely wants her to laugh at whatever he says.
In a way its good because your brother could careless then again he WANTS her attention.

I'm not a particularly funny guy. I'm more on the sensible side. I can converse intelligently on most any subject a girl would talk to a boy about, and if all else fails I can simply look attentive and ask intelligent questions. But I'm hardly funny.
ZzzzZzzzZ...*wakes up* what was you saying...I couldn't help but far asleep because you was so BORING. Learn a few jokes and what not..

One of the first days she was here, we were doing school on opposite couches. She mentioned something funny about her book, and I took the oppurtunity to go sit next to her and look over her shoulder. When she was done, I was a bit presumptuius(sp) and said "Oh, you'll get it" and gave her a brief side hug. She seemed annoyed, and I felt like she was avoiding me after that.
She probably was I would find that pretty creepy myself.

Two days later, I can't get her to pay any attention to me. She is out riding her bike and I ask her to wait up. I then say:
Stop being so insecure....who cares what she thinks..

Two days after that, she seems better, and I invite her to a board game. Afterwards, we're all alone picking up the pieces, and she springs the question on me... "What did you mean the other day, about me avoiding you?"
She's basically afraid she hurt your feelings which I believe she did. Let me guess? you went to bed cuddled real tight to a pillow and thought about her for a couple hours before you went to bed?

Until this last week, when lil bro started hitting on her. He's much more charming, has a ton of jokes, but has no sense and is completely stupid sometimes. He also never brushes his teeth, he stinks to high heaven, and never comes his hair, etc
Stop analyzing other peoples problems and work on improving yourself...

Now, I feel like Amy won't pay as much attention to me as she used to. I read about girls being shy the more she's attracted to you, and I feel it may be that, but I'm not sure.
In the words of Matrix...."silly rabbit"

Lil bro picked some flowers for Amy this afternoon and gave them to her. She put them in her hair, with just a "thank you" nothing special, not a "Oh thank you "lil bro" these are so special", just a "thank you" like she had to say it.
I had this problem myself and still do to some extent...STOP LOOKING SO DEEPLY INTO EVERYTHING.

;)
She wrapped them in her hair and they looked really pretty, so we were alone in the kitchen and I said "Those flowers look nice, what kind are they?"

Dude that is creepy as he** If I was her I would've been scared sh**less.

I know I was hard on you but you needed to hear it. If you want to flame me then thats ok. Read the bible somemore and work on this stuff. Its not going ot come over night but if you work at it I know you can do it.

Keep us up dated

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bother "trying" to get her to like you. Use this as your first big challenge. Prove to yourself who is in control of your life. The best way to prove your character is by depriving yourself of something you love. Forget her, that's your first step on the long road ahead of you. I promise you that your problems won't be solved if you hook up with this chick, so now's the time to prepare yourself to find your answers. Stand up, bite hard, and let go. Good luck...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to probability that my flame will put you in state of fear you may never recover from, I will refrain from ranting and ask you to follow the DJ bible.

Matt Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Loner
Hey DJs,

I've been reading this site for about a week now, and it's been mildly helpful. I have an interesting case, however, so it's probably my situation more than your techniques.

I'm homeschooled, which means that I see few girls on a regular basis or even long enough to become friends. The same holds true for the rest of the homeschooled boys in our support group, so as you can imagine, Amy is pretty popular. Because of not knowing any other girls well enough (Or seeing them on a regular basis) just giving up on Amy isn't an option, unless I want to be a loner until I get a car.

Boys have flitted through her life lots of times but currently there is my little brother vying for her attention, and me. Just a week ago there was another guy, but he left town for several months and can not call her either due to phone bilz :)

Let me give you a brief timeline of what has happened while she has been here:

One of the first days she was here, we were doing school on opposite couches. She mentioned something funny about her book, and I took the oppurtunity to go sit next to her and look over her shoulder. When she was done, I was a bit presumptuius(sp) and said "Oh, you'll get it" and gave her a brief side hug. She seemed annoyed, and I felt like she was avoiding me after that. Lil bro had no crush on her at this time.

"Amy, are you avoiding me?"
"Uh..."
"Be honest, pls".
"No, I don't think so... just depends what kindof mood I'm in".
"Ok, if you are avoiding me, just say so. I can get over it, but don't lead me on."

She didn't say anything, and I went into the house and avoided HER for the rest of the evening.

"Oh... *fumbles around wondering what's going on* I just felt like you were avoiding me, whenever I said something you would go away, stuff like that".
"Oh... I didn't mean to come across that way"
And then we finished, and we went to get a drink, and I said, "Good nite, Amy".
"Good nite!"

I was in pretty good spirits that night.

So things continued, we had fun, nothing else physical other than pillow fights.

Until this last week, when lil bro started hitting on her. He's much more charming, has a ton of jokes, but has no sense and is completely stupid sometimes. He also never brushes his teeth, he stinks to high heaven, and never comes his hair, etc.

But he has charm, and now I can't get a word in edgewise with Amy. It's not like she likes him, as much as being entertained.

It's harder and harder to find fun things to do with Amy because he keeps taking them all.

"The kind that are in the back yard!" *she blushes*
"No, I mean what kind are they?"
"I don't know, they kindof look like roses"
"They look really pretty"
"I didn't make them... they just grew in the backyard"
"No, but you tied them up in your hair" and I reached out and stroked the flowers.

She didn't say anything, I didn't get to look at her face, she put down her glass and walked quickly out of the room. Not like she was annoyed, just like she didn't know what to think and had to get away.

So there you have it. She's gone now, I don't know what to do, I'm so confused. On one hand, she may be crazy about me and doesn't know what to do about it, so she avoids me to avoid the confused feeling, on the other, she may really not be attracted to me at all and not know what to say about it.

What do you guys think? Please remember that I can't just go and get another girl... this is the only one I see on any regular basis.

If it really is a hopeless case (Which I HIGHLY doubt) then I will submit to being a loner until I get a car.

Thank you for bearing with me this long.

- a loner.
dude you screwed up on the flower thing, just say you sorry.........

then hit on her

The Loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
My 7 year old brother could tell me I screwed up with the flower thing.

But should I say I'm sorry? She seems to be over it, and they say "Least said soonest mended".

Whatever you DJ's think.

Although I do realize how foolish I've been about my little brother. Since when do high school girls fall for 7th graders? :p

Anybody can listen to his jokes, but few girls would fall for him romantically. He acts too desperate.

I've been reading the bible and all the stuff by pook. Pook is cool. I like pook. :)

Thanks people!

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude...i wouldnt worry about ure 7 year old brother getting with ure crush. She prob only likes ure little bro beacuse she thinks hes a cute silly kid. URe brother is ont eh right track tho believe it or not ahah...dont be so serious...be a littel childish and tease the girl.(PS: teasing is different than making fun of)

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
This is a joke... right?

For the love of god tell me this is a joke.

assassin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man,

I know exactly where you're coming from! I too am homeschooled and worse than that I live in a crappy town with barely any chicks.

Well,

There was this chick I fell for. She was 18 months older than me. I liked this chick for 2 years! Some people may not find that long but 2 years of my life wasted obsessing over this chick.

I too didn't have many other chicks to meet so over those two years I brainwashed my self (litteraly) into thinking I could be with no other woman. She was too perfect and I'd never find anything else. I finally got the balls to ask her out one night at a party. She told me I was too young. BS. I was a niceguy which you probably have read about by now. This set me into depression etc... I thought about this for ever. I went insane (litteraly again..) trying to figure this out. She flirted with me all the time and then she shoots me down. I couldn't see what the hell I was doing wrong. She told me she loved me and that I was the funniest guy she had ever met but still!!

Well 3 months passed and I tried again. This time it was Valentines day. I told her I loved her and it scared the **** out of her! I felt like a dumbass.

To keep it short. I have flirted with this chick for 2 years. When we were together she would ignore every other dude around and hang out with me but I was just a friend. I thought everythng out to the point of insanity. I now see a therapist for my depression which I no longer have... but heres the point.

I finally got my **** together about 3 weeks ago. I totally changed my mindset about everything. She is no longer the center of attention. I am. I stopped trying to please her. I stopped caring what she thought of me. I made her earn my attention etc... I started living the DJ lifestyle.

NOW!!!!

I am the one on the throne. Her interest level in me has skyrocketed. Not only hers, but her friends too. I now have a choice of women. (and to think she was the only one for me) HA.

What you need to do man is read the DJ bible and begin to live it. As soon as you do that you could have her and any other chick you want. I bet once you get her though, she won't be as great as she seemed.

Well I feel like I just spent 15 minutes rambling and I wouldn't be supprised if none of this makes since tomorrow morning but I hope I helped a bit.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't apologize for the flower thing. You're so afraid of offending her, it isn't like she ****s gold.

"Hey, sorry I creepily stroked you the other day." That'll just freak her out more.

The Loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow assasin, you've really helped me. To know that there are other people out there with the same dilemma, is really refreshing.

I've been reading the bible and stuff by pook, and I'm trying to get the new mindset and all. You're all right. She isn't the gold. I am. I'm not supposed to spend my precious time trying to get her, no, I'm better than all the other boys trying to get her. I'm the prize. w00t!!!!

Oh, one more thing. I have two bros. One is 12, and he hits on Amy, the other is 7, and doesn't, but isn't too smart either. :)

Ok, I gtg 'to school' now.

The Loner, who shall soon call himself Anti-Loner

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesn't happen that quick dude...

I know what you're doing. I had major oneitus years ago when I first came here. I posted about my problems and read a few quick tips and tricks and started to try and use them but nothing changed the fact that I was still crazy over a girl who didn't want anything to do with me...

move on.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I like this guy! He's gone and read the bible and realised what he's doing wrong. The Loser, keep up the good work. I take it you've realised you've put this girl up on a pedestal, and that it's YOU that matter.

Try the boot camp or anything else you can find for starting to improve your game, and life.

I would seriously concider ditching home schooling though. If you need to argue it out with your parents do it rationally.

Keep reading up, and get on improving yourself.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a rising derivative of DJism...:)

(AP calc exam in two days, if you can't tell)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Cloud...his name is The Loner, not The Loser. Ouch!

Calc sucks. I'm taking Stat nex tyear.