"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Does she ignore you?

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
WI
I was spending some time with a female friend the other night and having some interesting convo. I have known her forever and we used to be f*ck buddies and we even tried the relationship thing once but came to the conclusion(more me than her) that being friends was the better alternative. She is very attractive and outgoing. At times she gives me some interesting insight into the female psyche.
Anyways, we were sitting around and having a few drinks and discussing dating and stuff like that, when I asked her "When you're really attracted to a guy initially, what do you do to get his attention or how do you interact with him?" Without hesitation she says, " I ignore him..." Now that I look back on when I met her, that was exactly what she did to me in the very beginning. But I saw through it and didn't let it stop me. I guess I could tell that her "ignoring routine" was just that, a routine. What really tipped me off was that she acted open and friendly to other males but not to me(in the beginning). I could actually tell that she was putting effort into ignoring me and that kind of effort doesn't usually come from just disinterest alone. This just goes to show you that sometimes the signals they don't give off are just as important as the one's they do.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
there is a reason why your friend is still single (im assuming since you didnt say)

mind games will only get you so far in relationships, and girls who play games like this are really doing themselves a disservice

there is a fine line between playing "hard to get" and making the guy work for her attention , then expending all this energy in ignoring someone just to raise their IL

If you really think about it, ignoring someone takes alot of work and thought

WHY go that route? :confused:
 

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia Tech
LuckyStrike...nice handle :D
 

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
WI
ManOMan,

This is exactly the type of behavior that alot of women feel they need to put across and it really seems pointless to me. Being shy is one thing(which isn't the case with her), but it's like some women take the whole "hard to get" thing too far.

As far as my female friend, once I saw through her games, I lost interest after awhile as well as some of her other ex's I'm sure.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Wow, then there must be 1000s of women interested in me! ;)

Seriously though, I think Manowar makes a good point. What is it with women and mind games? Even when they find someone who makes them happy, they risk it all just for the sake of some little game.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
that's actually quite true.

i have a female friend about 2 months ago she was all fine, passive, and talkative, would call me to hang out, or would pick up my phone calls.

now she rarely picks up my calls and doesnt even call me back either! 2 weeks ago we had a dinner party for a friend....and the last time i saw her was 2 months ago, she was totally ignoring me. of course before this happened, i already knew she liked me.

we didnt talk the whole night, she kinoed me a few times which is rare. i asked for a hug..didnt wanna seem cold, she said nah next time. she gave my buddy a hug and not me.

i can see through her game already, it doesnt bug me since i odnt like her anyway.

but dont understand why the **** girls always have to play this game. i mean sure it works when guys do it.
im pretty sure it would work on me if i had interest in her, but i dont.

but iwonder what's the ratio of success of guys doing this VS. girls doing this.

but yea, if u notice a sudden change in a girl's personality/attitude, then it's definite somethings up
 
Top