Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does persistence ever work or do you guys just next the girl?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was wondering what a good strategy is with women you'd meet in a setting where you might run into them again. I know a lot of guys just next women and don't bother persisting at all but I've seen and heard other guys that do in fact do this and it works. Granted, this does not include persisting with a female who clearly was not interested at all.

For example: I've met women in situations where I felt there was at least some interest on their part and when I'd go to ask them out I'd hear the "I have a boyfriend" line. I'd often say something like "If you are single I'd be interested" and just leave. Anyway, a few of these I've had the women actually encourage interactions with me afterwards, going out of their way to smile and say hi, talk to me, etc.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can just recount my experience. Not a single time in my life from elementary school on have I needed to be persistent to get a girl, and persisting in trying has never gotten me a girl.

But the reason why you make this post is as you say, you're hung up on what the girls you talk to are doing to keep you in their orbit. That's understandable, because they're very good at it. They push or pull depending on how they need to manipulate you. But "persisting" in getting these girls is a straight blue pill mindset imo and you'd be regressing to fall for it. Interested girls want c0ck, not persistence. All those girls are interested in is their self-esteem.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can just recount my experience. Not a single time in my life from elementary school on have I needed to be persistent to get a girl, and persisting in trying has never gotten me a girl.

But the reason why you make this post is as you say, you're hung up on what the girls you talk to are doing to keep you in their orbit. That's understandable, because they're very good at it. They push or pull depending on how they need to manipulate you. But "persisting" in getting these girls is a straight blue pill mindset imo and you'd be regressing to fall for it. Interested girls want c0ck, not persistence. All those girls are interested in is their self-esteem.
Some of these women I knew did in fact I have boyfriends, I just put their names into social media. Most of these were women I met at the gym over the years, a couple others were in college, I went quite a bit later than the normal college age. They were all approaches on my part with women who actually showed interest in me, so naturally I'd ask them out. They would then start approaching me and initiating conversations or they'd lock eyes with me and smile so I'd go and approach them.

- I had mentioned this to you on another thread, but I had a girl at the gym a year ago tell me she was free later and ask me if I was about 2 months after I had asked her out. She then says "I have to mention I'm still seeing my bf".
- Had a girl turn me down saying she wasn't looking for a relationship right now, a let down. Anyway, a week after that she starts approaching me again.

Similar pattern I've had with other women.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistent is a wrong , it mean the girl is not interested, and the only time Persistent work if it happens that the girl loose other best options so she open the door to you, however that would be temporary and will sell you a gain for a better deal.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence can definitely work, I used it to good success when I was younger (mind you, you have to pursue with an IDGAF attitude). Now days, I would just next and not bother unless she was high interest.

Persistence probably isn't the best way to uphold your dignity. But when I was younger, I was just too horny to give a damn.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence can definitely work, I used it to good success when I was younger (mind you, you have to pursue with an IDGAF attitude). Now days, I would just next and not bother unless she was high interest.

Persistence probably isn't the best way to uphold your dignity. But when I was younger, I was just too horny to give a damn.
Persistent might work before because there was more chances that you were the only negotiator, while today the girl might only give you enough hope to keep you "persisting" while she is busy with another guy(s). with internet there is less chances that you are the only one talking with an uncommitted girl

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistent might work before because there was more chances that you were the only negotiator, while today the girl might only give you enough hope to keep you "persisting" while she is busy with another guy(s). with internet there is less chances that you are the only one talking with an uncommitted girl
Oh no, I was definitely not the only guy in the picture. But keep in mind I was only looking for sex in these situations, not a relationship. So I was following what they would today call a short term mating strategy.

You hear about guys who married women who they pursued until they convinced them to enter into a relationship though, so obviously that is possible too. It doesn't always end happily for those guys, but I'm sure it does sometimes.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence... sounds too much like pest. This is weak beta shyt.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Don´t persist. Don´t pursue. Soft next her without burning any bridges. Don´t become an orbiter or a "friend" (friendzone). Tease her and make fun of her for your own amusement, and have a good laugh at her expense. Work on your frame. Keep improving. In the meantime you get new plates in your rotation a spin them good. Eventually she´ll either reach out or not, but it shouldn´t matter to you. IDGAF attitude. You´re too busy being a DJ.

R

Ranger

It did work for me once but it was a hot/cold situation. She eventually came to me and sex happened.
I just didn’t let the string get too loose.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's good to persist but don't invest. if you still have a chance and no hard signs that you'll never make any progress at all, keep going. but do not prioritize her over any other girls

I still talk to a girl who blew me off when I asked her out, because it seems like I could make some progress. but I'm wise enough to only give her time that no other girl can fill, rather than spend any of the time that I could be spending on girls who are more likely to go out with me

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lead. She follows or #next!

There is no ambiguity. She's either swallowing my proteins or I am hitting on her hotter younger sister, friends, etc.

Hot/cold? Take **** out. In #metoo era, you got to be smart. Blame being autistic, her manipulating, and screenshot all convoys/nudes/sexting etc in case she claim's false rapey.

If she's crazy, feminist, SJW, combative or anything but feminine and submissive on the late side if teens or early twenties, next her.

Every set is practice.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's good to persist but don't invest. if you still have a chance and no hard signs that you'll never make any progress at all, keep going. but do not prioritize her over any other girls

I still talk to a girl who blew me off when I asked her out, because it seems like I could make some progress. but I'm wise enough to only give her time that no other girl can fill, rather than spend any of the time that I could be spending on girls who are more likely to go out with me
Man to woman is key. What this means is beyond what any beta or cuck with AA can comprehend. That, when to push, pull or next. Its being in the knowing. Invading territory. Comfort zone is three feet in north America. I am right in her SPACE.

Blow me or blow me out.

I ain't playing. In the me too era, men need to run tight game, and eject train wrecks. Crazy, BPD, low sex drive, old Ladies, the wall, anything not top form SMV, fatties, hogs. Feminists, combative women etc.

There comees a point, many have called it "god mode." I'll go with "flow state." Women leave windows of opportunities (if interested). Assume attraction. Any form of low sex drive, lmr, low libido equates to #next! its not my responsibility to fix her lack of drive.

Its common sense but needs saying. If a girl backs up when in her space, if she says no or rejects your advances, apologize to avoid false accusations. Next her. Go get baeeee.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence is fine when applied correctly.
Problem is that most take it to mean that it is ok to keep trying when a woman is blowing them out.

As long as you have no outcome dependency, you persist by out of the blue contact or letting a woman know that if things change to call you and then leave it at that.

You can also persist as long as you are keeping it sexual and she’s greenlighting your advances.

Again until you sleep with her only flirting is suitable and invest less than her.

No investment is the only viable way to operate.

You’re just giving her a branch but in the interim you’re not even giving it a second thought

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you have to persist, i.e., talk a girl into it, the eventual outcome is never good…

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess passive persistence, if you want to call it that. Leave the door open and see if she walks in. But I have never waited around for a chick. Sometimes it happens, but it's not good for your health to actively try once you've been rejected. Try and get her out a couple of times, and if she backs of... then just stop asking... you can circle back around in a few months, or if she reaches out, otherwise just move on to other chicks.

I ran into one that I went out with a couple of times a year ago that didn't go anywhere at a party last night, we have a date next week. We'll see what happens.