"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

does looks help you make friends?

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
I have friends but I had to TRY and put in efforts to get them. I bet if I don't try, most people would just ignore me and have none of the friends that I have today. People rarely init convo with me which is kinda sad since I start convo with others.

Inside i'm a really friendly guy but since I don't have the "looks" to potrary it (7.2 on hotornot), I guess people assumed that i'm not. How can I show people that i'm a friendly guy when they don't give me the chance?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
3
Location
South Florida
Um, be friendly. Most people are trapped in there own little realm of loneliness, and if you actually be friendly and talk to them, they will open up and be glad to talk to you.

Looks don't play a huge part in friendship, as long as you aren't completely horrible looking. Even then a good personality can overcome a lot.
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
i'm friends w/ a few nerdy looking people. i scale about an 8 on the charts. so answer is no- you do not have to look good to have friends.
dj's dont care about that petty shiz nit n e way, so why should U?
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Originally posted by david90
does looks help you make friends?
Good looks will make insecure people (guys especially) shun you sometimes and will make women play even more games than usual, I've found. Careful who you call your true friends. You will find in your life that jealous people will gossip about you, talk sh*t behind your back, even make up stories, and it only gets worse in adult life, not better.

Furthermore, having smarts, being in shape, having your life together - this will eat away at some people. That's just the way of the world.

Believe me, I've been shunned by entire groups of people in my day, all over what seemed to be nothing. Then through talking with other people about a given situation, and much thought, I figured it out.

One particular instance - I was hanging around with coke users for a couple of months. Didn't really understand what some of their problems were with me. Hell, I didn't even know they were users - they hid it that well. Truth is, they resented me for being good looking, in shape, having my life together, and for not using drugs. It's their own shame and their own insecurity, and they project in upon you.

Again - be careful who you call your friends - you should be screening them as fervently as you screen potential girlfriends. (I.e. Antidump)
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
whats up David,

I have a female friend like what you described. as for looks they have nothing to do with freindship.

Make sure your doing certian things.

being confident, making decisions, having a backbone, having something to say, expres yourself, believe in urself...

those are just some little things. She always said hey im a nice person..why dont I have friends. well she was a pushover and she didnt walk straight up and proud...all these little things that had little insecure women all over her.

dont worry about impressing these friends or getting in..you work on becoming a DJ and you will make new friends.

good luck
 
Top