Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does DJ = Player?

BasicInstinct

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys think that being a DJ means being a player? I have been told by some girls that I seem like a player. It seems like "player" has a more negative connontation than a DJ. What do you guys think?

------------------
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be a DJ is to have the skills of a player. How you use those skills defines who you are when it comes to women.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To a certain degree (or to the outside world) DJ does equal Player.

The overall objective of the DJ is to find the best women, whereas the Player is trying for the most. Sometimes, however, you have to go through the most to find the best, and thats where it goes from black and white to a gray area.

I feel you can never really define a real DJ though.

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The guys on here whose ulltimate goal is to find one good woman aren't players. The ones who are only interested in seeing how many women they can stick their d*cks in are players.

bartender

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire:
The guys on here whose ulltimate goal is to find one good woman aren't players. The ones who are only interested in seeing how many women they can stick their d*cks in are players.
what if you only go for the kiss Wyldfire?

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good woman but the reality is that you have to do a lot of player things to find one, such as dating many women at once. That's the secret to being a true DJ and being able to actually find "the one." Dating only one woman at a time is worse for your love life/sex life than dating none at all. (Except of course if you've actually found a good woman and are in a committed relationship).

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by bartender:
what if you only go for the kiss Wyldfire?

Then you are either a virgin or a scaredy cat.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ArizonaDJ:
I'm looking for a good woman but the reality is that you have to do a lot of player things to find one, such as dating many women at once. That's the secret to being a true DJ and being able to actually find "the one." Dating only one woman at a time is worse for your love life/sex life than dating none at all. (Except of course if you've actually found a good woman and are in a committed relationship).
You aren't a player if you date more than one woman. I personally don't think it's cool to sleep with more than one person at a time, but spending time getting to know lots of people is a bit different. I'd say dating 2 or 3 at once and only sleeping with one is the best bet. You have to test the sexual waters to make sure there's compatibility there, and if that one isn't what you want, then stop seeing that one, start sleeping with the next one and find another one to date..and follow that pattern until you find someone who fits what you want.

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. It's nice to know there are women out there who don't consider such a thing as being a player!

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A true DJ has the power to be a player if he chooses to be but it does not necessarily make him one. Being a player is not the essence of being a Don Juan, the essence of being a Don Juan is being able to choose for yourself what you want to do and carry it out with supreme confidence and conviction.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh gentlemen! You forget that there are two worlds: the correct one and the bizzarre realm known as Womaniverse.

If you happen to stumble into this dimension, you will notice that it is governed by three forces: matter, sexuality, and shopping. It is MATTER because that is what woman is, fat deposits and milk sacs. It is SEXUALITY because woman is entirely sexual, the family, the husband, and so on are all within the sexual realm. It is SHOPPING because it is value, women wish to be desired, to be filled with thought, life, and purpose like an intellectual blow-up doll who is now currently deflated.

In our universe, being a player is BAD. Why? Because it shows a lack of self-control and lack of priority. If you cannot control your weakness for women, how do you expect to go anywhere in life?

In Womaniverse, the opposite is true. Being a player gives you ADMIRATION and PRAISE. Women do not understand the concept of self-improvement. If they see a man undergoing it, they will whisper, "You need to enjoy life" or "You are gay." They do this because you are not giving them VALUE. A player being a player often lets self-improvement slip by. It doesn't hurt him because women don't notice it. All they know is that he gets women and that is more than enough to be qualified.

In OUR universe, being a player is seen as not a good thing usually in light as a player to women as an alcholic is to beer. But in Womaniverse, you rise in status the more of a player you seem to be.

Wyldfire will, undoubtedly, agree with me. Women want a man who has his pick of the litter. Why do you think lawyers and doctors get girls? It is because women KNOW they have their choice of women. In the same way, a player has HIS choice of women. Yet, if he chooses to spend time with HER then that means, in the bizzare realm of Womaniverse, that SHE IS SPECIAL. A player giving her attention is seen to her as added VALUE to her.

Whisper, "Watch out, he is A PLAYER!" She will grin and say, "Then I will PLAY HIM!"

One of the female fantasies is that they change a player to love only her. In the realm of Womaniverse, this is SOLELY because a guy who has his pick of the litter chose her IMPLYING that this woman is SO GREAT, SO WONDERFUL that she BEAT all these other girls he could have picked.

All men are players; it just depends on how you play. EMBRACE THIS ASPECT. Nice Guy Fantasy Land is over. AFC Wonderland is gone.

Women are very frustrated with this truth. In Womaniverse, women would naturally become sluts. BUT because there is that real universe, that slut factor comes into play. This is why they tell 'ol Pook, "You guys get to sleep around and your worth rises but if we do the same, it lowers!"

If girls think you seem like a player, this is good. It is BETTER then being seen as 'innocent' or 'decent'. ("But Pook, that don't make sense!" Silence! This is Womaniverse we are speaking of!)

If you had a couple years of youth drained by a girlfriend, you and other guys would correctly say, "Perhaps I could have invested that time in better ways." Women will say, "You have experience!" and clap that as virtue. The concept of self-improvement seems entirely lost when women view men.

No, being seen as a player IS NOT going to hurt you with women.

------------------
Pook
As you think, you shall become.
The greatest risk you can take in life is not to risk at all.
What you do today echos a lifetime.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ArizonaDJ:
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. It's nice to know there are women out there who don't consider such a thing as being a player!
Nah, it's cool as long as you're up front about it. Even though I don't see a problem with dating more than one person, it's not something that usually works well for me. I prefer to date one person at a time and the guy usually doesn't have the energy to date anyone else if he's dating me and we're having sex. I'm a bit of a handful in that department and the guy usually ends up the one saying "can't we just sleep tonight? I'm tired!"

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Pook...I can only speak for myself here, but yeah, I like it when them man I'm with is ogled by other women. It's flattery in my opinion. I used to get a kick out of watching all these women literally swoon all over my fiance. Of course, he didn't like it when any other man even so much as glanced my way, but it made me even more desirable to him that other men were looking.

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All men are players; it just depends on how you play. EMBRACE THIS ASPECT. Nice Guy Fantasy Land is over. AFC Wonderland is gone.

Pook, you are a god.

As Snoop sez, it's a play or be played world.

Women are instintively players, that's what they do, that's what they are raised to be from birth.

Men, by contrast, aren't. WE have no training, no practice, not even the notification that it's a game. And then we get thrown in the arena and set up against women.

It's like in Gladiator. Yes, you can fight with Caesar, but your sword is made of lead, and his is steel.

That's why we are here. To learn to play the game. To beat women at it, for the good of both genders, 'cause that's what they really want, someone they can't beat.

A DJ is a GOOD player, one who knows the game, its rules, and how to play well and win.

An AFC is a BAD player, one who constantly loses or only wins through blind luck.

So yes, DJ = player, in the true sense. But then so does AFC. We're all players, like it or not.

And being seen as a player is a GREAT thing with the honeys. They all want a player/bad boy to corral, castrate, tame, and make dance for them. Read the fetching romance novels - it's all about a player/bad boy/jerk/ladies' man who is OVERCOME by this wonderful, deserving woman and renounces his evil ways and is TAMED by the heroine.

They all want it.

Y'know, reading my post I realize that Pook said it better. Please, stay! You're irreplaceable, man!

Rebel Leader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal definition of a "playah" is someone who will do anything for a piece: lie, cheat, steal. A playah has no scruples and is dishonorable.

A DJ is different because a DJ won't lie, cheat or steal to get what is desired. Being honorable IS the method for a DJ. That doesn't mean a DJ always reveals everything -- discretion is part of good strategy. But lying is not.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really care what label people want to give me. I know who and what I am.

I won't steal to get laid, but I would probably cheat, and I'd definitely lie, if that's what it took. I'm not going to forfeit a fine piece of ass because she wants to fvck a doctor and I just HAD to tell her I wait tables.

If it gets me laid, it IS good strategy, because that was my goal.

------------------
"For anybody who's on the downside of advantage and relying purely on courage... it's possible."
- Russell Crowe

KCFlyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being labeled a player isn't always good. Women are looking for a challenge. Some women will find trying to control a player as a challenge. Other women will look at a player and see no challenge in him, because he's been everywhere else, so they know that they can get him. A DJ has to be a little choosy in whom he goes after. Too much, and I think you're damaging your respect. I don't think that women will look for a LTR with a player. Women have to respect you if you want anything more than a one night stand.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by galactus:
I don't really care what label people want to give me. I know who and what I am.
This is probably the best attitude to have that I can think of.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I WILL LIE TO GET A WOMAN IN BED.

No problem there.

Does this make ma a player?

Don't know. But I AM an aspiring DJ, and I'll have words with anyone who says otherwise.