Does divorce really mean loss of half your assets?

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
So they encourage men to live like a woman's employee even in the old country ?

After a marriage, one of the first actions of a weakling is to hand over the checkbook to his wife.
Men who do this probably believe that she is better at "bookkeeping" than he is. However, this arrangement is a power tranfer.
She is now in control of the results of your labor. She controls the disbursement and disposal of your wealth and assets..
He makes it, she decides how it is spent. Who works for whose benefit here ?
Is it any wonder that such an arrangement produces a sense of asset 'ownership' in women after a divorce?
I think you are getting the wrong idea. The control of the spending of money and the negotiations are done by the males, but the females are responsible for all the liability because every business entity is in her name. If the wife decided to get all controlling and decide that she was going to take the business elsewhere, it wouldn't work out for her because the husband is the one who made all the business contacts and did all the marketing. In short, she controls nothing but pieces of paper.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
In short, she controls nothing but pieces of paper.
So she is actually only functioning as a 'bookkeeper' and nothing more ?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 can live as cheaply as 1? Doesn't happen. the first thing that happens is new furniture[ours doesn't"match"] and a bigger house.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
So she is actually only functioning as a 'bookkeeper' and nothing more ?
The female has all the liabilities of the business with none of the true assets. Just think of it this way, if something were to go sour and the business were to get sued, the lawyers would have a very difficult time naming the male in the lawsuit because there is no record of him ever owning anything.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are missing a HUGE point of information that largely skews the divorce stats as far as the stereotype of the divorced woman getting all the assets, custody of children, etc.

And that is, MOST of the time, it is a woman leaving an AFC, and the AFC is clinging to the hope that they will get back together, so he does not fight the spouse in the divorce proceedings, and gets straight taken to the woodshed. I've seen this countless times. Of course the reasons they got married to begin with vary, but it all comes back to this new age belief of the AFC being weak and not manly, and while it seems that's what women want, it's proven to push them away, and even make them hostile - that's proven when these women just obliterate their husbands in the courtroom, and the man usually doesn't even get a lawyer.

When a woman cheats and the husband files, you don't see those same staggering numbers. Yes you must give up some assets, but not to the same extent.

This whole deal about society being feminist is nothing more than weak men being weak.

Reaction score
puma183 said:
Q: Does divorce really mean losing half your assets?

A: Not necessarily. It could also mean:

1. Losing Your Future:
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/till_death_do_us_pay/

2. Losing Your Freedom:
http://freebeattychadwick.blogspot.com/
Wow...

That's the beautiful thing about learning game. You never have to get married.

Just go from one women to the next. And if your social status and income goes up while you get older, you can be a Don Juan for the rest of your life.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
You guys are missing a HUGE point of information that largely skews the divorce stats as far as the stereotype of the divorced woman getting all the assets, custody of children, etc.

And that is, MOST of the time, it is a woman leaving an AFC, and the AFC is clinging to the hope that they will get back together, so he does not fight the spouse in the divorce proceedings, and gets straight taken to the woodshed. I've seen this countless times. Of course the reasons they got married to begin with vary, but it all comes back to this new age belief of the AFC being weak and not manly, and while it seems that's what women want, it's proven to push them away, and even make them hostile - that's proven when these women just obliterate their husbands in the courtroom, and the man usually doesn't even get a lawyer.

When a woman cheats and the husband files, you don't see those same staggering numbers. Yes you must give up some assets, but not to the same extent.

This whole deal about society being feminist is nothing more than weak men being weak.
See that was my point in this thread. It's nice to fantasize about if you learn "game" then for your entire life you are going to be banging all kinds of women. But the truth is if you can't find a good candidate and be mnarried and not get screwed over, then you're not going to fare much better being a bachelor. I think marriage laws and American women are messed up, but for those same reasons PU is a tough, time consuming game and not really something you always want to be doing every time you want sex or companionship. You got to be honest and realistic. You can't just argue that realtionships and marriage suck but women are great while single. They both currently suck and both have their pluses and minuses.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vlad the Impaler said:
I'll still get a pre nup for my foreign babe. I'll tell her "just sign here don't worry about what that says".
A foreign wife can claim that she did not know English enough to truly understand the pre-nup, or if she signed after entering the USA (i.e., on a fiancee visa), she could claim that she signed it under duress.

Do you think a matronly family judge like Sotomayor is going to feel empathy for you? :crackup:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
In hindsight (and if I were suddenly single for an unforseen reason), there's no way in the world I'd marry a woman who brought nothing of financial substance into the equation. HB10 + nothing else = only marriage material for the fool. I like women as much as the next man, but not so much that I'd put half my (our) current net worth on the line!
For the chance to have steady sex with an HB10, I would take the chance. If she is that hot, I would have no problem paying her a reasonable pension (alimony.)

Look, you're going to pay for it one way or another ... Having an HB10 pro with girlfriend experience on demand would be much more expensive (although I suppose for a really wealthy man, the pension could be so high that the pro would be more cost effective.)

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
For the chance to have steady sex with an HB10, I would take the chance. If she is that hot, I would have no problem paying her a reasonable pension (alimony.)

Look, you're going to pay for it one way or another ... Having an HB10 pro with girlfriend experience on demand would be much more expensive (although I suppose for a really wealthy man, the pension could be so high that the pro would be more cost effective.)
I agree with you. A woman who has her career instead of cooking and cleaning etc, and who's out working at an office is more likely to cheat and divorce you and probably just as likely to take as much assets away in a divorce since she probably has that type of mentality, than a woman who you have staying at home.

One thing I think should be pointed out is, it's all a calculated risk getting as far as getting married/commiting or not getting married. As much as we acknowledge the myth of the quality woman there is also the myth of the eternal DJ. You know the often spouted solution to everything, just stay single/uncommited your whole life and you'll be rolling in pvssy from 9's and 10's even when your well past 50. Well the truth is that is the exception and not the rule. You're far more likely to marry young to a hot girl and stay married than the former happening.

puma183

Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
MatureDJ - In the Boston Magazine "Till Death Do Us Pay" article, some of the actual alimony slaves posted comments about their own real-life situations. Here is Robert, one them:

I am 81 years old. I have been paying alimony for 30 years for a marriage that lasted 20 years. I paid for private college educations for my five children and my ex-wife's grad school. She worked as a family counselor and has seven times the financial assets as I have. I have undergone heart surgery, spinal surgery twice, and have diabetes. I recently went to court to try to eliminate my alimony. The judge ruled that I must continue paying, although she reduced it by 50 percent. I hope the alimony can be eliminated before I die.​
He can't ever stop working and retire. He is always 2 paychecks away from falling behind on alimony and getting jailed for contempt of court (alimony arrears). Do you really want to be like this guy; living in terror all the way to the grave?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those Massachusetts laws are nuts. Hopefully, they will change soon. Typically, alimony is rare and only paid for a few years.

The worst divorce stories are usually doctors whose wives stayed home to raise their kids. Twenty years later, they hate each other, but it would cost the doc probably 2/3 of his net worth to split. Most people never have to deal with alimony or a messy divorce, simply because most people have no assets. It's usually all debt.

It is possible to set a pre-existing business aside in the terms of a pre-nup, so that even the growth of the business is kept all to yourself after divorce. The key is that the wife can never have anything to do with the business. If she helps you with it, then she gets half of the growth upon divorce.

The two most effective ways that I have seen successful men handle the possibility of divorce are both illegal. One is convincing the woman that you will kill her if she divorces you. I'm not kidding; that is actually very common. The other less aggressive way is to hide your money. Siphon it off to other accounts that she does not know about, show a loss on the books even when a business is making money, work with cash, and basically build an emergency fund away from her. In divorce court, you will have to lie, but family law courts are not going to find Swiss bank accounts.

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The two most effective ways that I have seen successful men handle the possibility of divorce are both illegal. One is convincing the woman that you will kill her if she divorces you. I'm not kidding; that is actually very common. The other less aggressive way is to hide your money. Siphon it off to other accounts that she does not know about, show a loss on the books even when a business is making money, work with cash, and basically build an emergency fund away from her. In divorce court, you will have to lie, but family law courts are not going to find Swiss bank accounts.
It's much easier not to get married.

I once threatened a girl if she tells anybody about we sleeping together. I was with one of her friends and didnt want anything messing it up for the time being. It works wonders.

MaTuA

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I start thinking I may one day give in to a lady, and give up Bachelorhood , for a woman, 3.5 children, a house with white pickett fencing, and a tree with Goodyear Tire Swing, I come back to you guys on sosuave!!

I've been a member this many years, and I rarely post unless urged to do so. But I had to thank you guys for the opposing viewpoints and threads that make DJ women that much easier.

I don't believe marriage is in the cards for me this lifecycle, so I'll continue to go Superman in these women until 90.... Hugh Heffner eat your heart out!!

Viva SoSuave!!! Keep it Pimpin...

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I just remembered something. At least in my state if you are marrried less than 10 years you can get an anullment instead of a divorce. Under anullment she can't just take half your assets. Anyway, my point in this thread is I don't think we are getting a completely accurate view on here about marriage vs. bachelorhood. Tha state of marriage and divorce is bad (but maybe not as bad as commonly stated on here) and singlehood bachelorhood for similar reason is bad as well (and not neary as positive as stated on here).

Ken Patric

Reaction score
Before planning your finances during a divorce, you should try to figure out how much property is JOINT or SEPARATE. The joint or marital property is divided as per the respective state’s laws. So, the primary thing is to understand the property type with respect to the laws. The separate property is not divided by the court. It includes inherited property, the assets owned before marriage or the property owned as a gift or decided through a prenuptial agreement. Such pre or postnuptial agreements are very efficient ways to tackle down the painful crisis and are accepted by the state laws too.

kingvavy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would consult a lawyer in your area. Where I am from, the law states that you and your spouse are "equal" on the day of divorce as you were on the day of marriage. So if you were both worth nothing on the day you were married (i.e. neither of you came into the marriage with assets) then it's a clean, easy divide. i.e. everything up the middle. If you came in with assets, your wife is entitled to half of the appreciation of those assets from the day you were married to the day you were divorced. p.s all prenup's are breakable. You cannot have a piece of paper override the law. Most people spend thousands of dollars drafting an iron-clad prenup, and then during a divorce, the contesting side will spend thousands to try and break it, which is possible with a really good lawyer. The lawyers always win.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm, i got off lucky and kept the house and custody and she had to pay me

men, you need to file FIRST