"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Does anyone know what this means?

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Sorry, I meant "no idea", not "know idea."
Duh. I feel like an idiot now. :D
 

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Are you gay? I'm not sure how we can help you. If not, you want askmen.com. Lots of horny guys there who can help you with "what it means".
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Sardaukar
Are you gay? I'm not sure how we can help you. If not, you want askmen.com. Lots of horny guys there who can help you with "what it means".
No, sorry. I should have been more clear. I'm not gay, I'm a girl.
 

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Hi Elfynne,

I've no idea what it 'means', but I tried to think of when I would make that expression:

I'd make it when I thought the girl had something that she was trying to hide, but wasn't hiding it very well. I could see right through it to the REAL reason she was thinking in her head. I'd be smiling cause I'd feel superior, and amused cause her attempt to disguise something she's embarrassed to show was so poor.

Maybe you see this look when you're trying to impress the guy with something you're saying, and he can tell that you're tryinging hard to impress him?

Hmm... Hope these last two paragraphs were comprehensible!

Oh, and you can click 'Edit' below your post to change embarrassing mis-spellings too, instead of posting again and making it worse. ;)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Beethoven
Hi Elfynne,

I've no idea what it 'means', but I tried to think of when I would make that expression:

I'd make it when I thought the girl had something that she was trying to hide, but wasn't hiding it very well. I could see right through it to the REAL reason she was thinking in her head. I'd be smiling cause I'd feel superior, and amused cause her attempt to disguise something she's embarrassed to show was so poor.

Maybe you see this look when you're trying to impress the guy with something you're saying, and he can tell that you're tryinging hard to impress him?

Hmm... Hope these last two paragraphs were comprehensible!

Oh, and you can click 'Edit' below your post to change embarrassing mis-spellings too, instead of posting again and making it worse. ;)
Thanks Beethoven,

That sounds like a reasonable interpretation, but I'm not so sure if that is applicable in my case. Some of my professors give me that look when I try to discuss class material with them, or when I ask them a question. And sometimes when guys give me that look I just get this strange feeling like they think I'm weird in a "cute" sort of way...sometimes they make me feel like a little girl because they have this "indulgent" attitude...I don't know what else to call it. Guys have always treated me strangely and it's as puzzling as hell.
 

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Yes, they think you're cute. Which is a good thing. You just earned marks that'll bump you from a HB5 to a HB7.
 

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Trinidad & Tobago
Most likely in my oninion when they're doing that it would be.

They are amused in a ****ey sort of way, dosn't nessasarily men they don't like u.

They are amused that u may like them if u make it obvious. This could be very likely.

They could find u cute and attractive and are amused by that.

Hope that helps.
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
Most likely in my oninion when they're doing that it would be.

They are amused in a ****ey sort of way, dosn't nessasarily men they don't like u.

They are amused that u may like them if u make it obvious. This could be very likely.

They could find u cute and attractive and are amused by that.

Hope that helps.
Maybe. But I don't know why they would think I like them. Most of these guys I was not attracted to. But maybe I felt a kind of respect for them, especially in my professors' case, and I often get nervous around figures of authority. Especially if they are male.

Why should a guy think it is funny if a girl seems attracted to them? I would think most guys would find it repulsive.
 

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Why should a guy think it is funny if a girl seems attracted to them? I would think most guys would find it repulsive.
Jesus, a female AFC! I would recommend that you look for female PUA and DJ websites, but most of those are only b1tch factories.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Sardaukar
Jesus, a female AFC! I would recommend that you look for female PUA and DJ websites, but most of those are only b1tch factories.
Sardaukar,

What is an AFC and a PUA?
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
So what's your story Elfynne? You always ask all these random questions. Tell us what your situation is.

Tear down the wall, let us in.
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ever onward
So what's your story Elfynne? You always ask all these random questions. Tell us what your situation is.

Tear down the wall, let us in.
I'm sorry if my questions bother anyone. I didn't think they would.

With my situation, I'm not sure what to say, except for what I have said before: I was much slower to mature than my female peers, so I was rather unpopular in middle and high school. So I sort of grew up with a "nerd" mentality.

You remember that scene from "Shallow Hal", in which Hal describes to his best friend how his girlfriend is so lovely and yet so nice? Do you remember his friend's response? He theorized that since she was so nice, that she must have been one of those girls who didn't get pretty until after she got out of high school, which kept her with a humble attitude. So I suppose the situation is similar in my case. I pretty much had the Ugly Duckling or late bloomer syndrome.

I also find it weird because many people have told me I'm pretty (guys included), but yet most guys seem to want to stay away from me. I don't know if I give off bad vibes or what. I know I'm not ugly, but maybe I just don't look good enough for them...I don't know. After all, couldn't we all use some improvement?
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Hey you don't bother anyone, not me anyways, I was just curious about you. You know, making friends and all.
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ever onward
Hey you don't bother anyone, not me anyways, I was just curious about you. You know, making friends and all.
Thanks. Maybe you could explain to me what an "AFC" is? Or a PUA?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Elfynne
I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Probably you strive to much to make a point(especially about yourself) and if your height is short and your voice sounds like a baby you may be seen as "cute", don't you think?
 

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
Sounds like a coy flirtatious smile to me.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
It's the kind of smile I will give when I'm projecting sexual state with humour... That is when I'm not in 100% RAW sexual predator mode. It's me projecting that i'd like to **** you hard now and want to see your reaction too it.
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Thanks. Maybe you could explain to me what an "AFC" is? Or a PUA?
An AFC is an Average Frustated Chump. It just means your average guy who is clueless about women. A submissive wussy-man if you will. PUA that stands for Pick Up Artist, need I say more?

I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.
It sounds like they are attracted to you. They may or may not want to hook up with you but they are definetly attracted.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Well, take into consideration to the fact that facial expressions are supposed to a person's clear way of conveying a message. It's one of the things a person can easily control to relay an idea. So if it looks like they think you're funny, then they probably do.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top