Does anyone here hate faded pants?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hate the whole "faded, ripped jeans" thing. I don't know why 90% of the world is into it so much. I love jeans that are dark, slick, and brand new. I mean I pay $50 for a good pair of jeans, not to look like a bum. Most of my jeans are like that, and the ones that are faded/ripped is because of wear and tear.

Any anti-ripped jeans folks here?

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mind the jeans that look naturally faded, or have very subtle fading..... but the ones with like a massive white strip down the middle just look ridiculous!

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
i love my ripped jeans.

When i have those on with my flipflops and my pink or bright green polo with the collar up i feel SO DJ!

try it out guys!

Uber noober

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by King of You
i love my ripped jeans.

When i have those on with my flipflops and my pink or bright green polo with the collar up i feel SO DJ!

try it out guys!
no

Eric Clapton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuredly, washed denim wears out quicker than factory. Simple. Where are your priorities? I work in this industry. It's your choice, and I'd like to know your answer!:p

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that anyone that wears ripped jeans is one who follows a crowd. No one wore jeans from a fashion point of view before it was a trend.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah right. What makes you more of a fag, going to the store and grabbing a pair of ripped/faded jeans off the shelf or going to a hell of a lot of different stores to find a pair of non-faded jeans.

The truth is, it's easier just to go out and buy ripped faded jeans seeing as how they're everywhere. Wearing it doesn't make you a homo. That's just the way the industry is today.

It's considered as looking good... just in the same way flannel shirts were back in '93. Will we feel like d-bags in about a decade for wearing the jeans. Hell yes. But will I feel good about having a good sense of style right now. Yes.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PiHiPlaya
What makes you more of a fag, going to the store and grabbing a pair of ripped/faded jeans off the shelf or going to a hell of a lot of different stores to find a pair of non-faded jeans.
Where is Option C - Inserting your penis in another guy's ass? Because I don't think either of the first two options makes you gay.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually its not hard to get non-faded non-ripped jeans. Most stores carry them now, except hobo stores.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was against it, i bought some faded lee jeans a few weeks ago, but there not too bad so it still looks good, im used to it as my old levis where fading due to the fact i wore them so much but like ripped jeans no way! i would not wear those!

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depending on YOUR look, it will look good or bad... on some ppl it looks stupid, on some it looks nice... it also has to do with personal preference.. some women might thinks its f*cking hot, some might get turned off by it... there is no set rule weather it looks "nice" or not.

Laterz...

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by cant think of a user name
I don't mind the jeans that look naturally faded, or have very subtle fading..... but the ones with like a massive white strip down the middle just look ridiculous!
Yep.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cant think of a user name
What he said.... I'm not really a fan of ripped jeans either.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I might buy the factory faded/ripped jeans if they cost 5... 2 dollars a pair!

Visitant

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Actually its not hard to get non-faded non-ripped jeans. Most stores carry them now, except hobo stores.
The irony!

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by King of You
i love my ripped jeans.

try it out guys!
LMAO wow... you sounded gayer than I did about my style posts...

First off... Popping collars was a one-day fad (that I never did)... and pink polo with popped collar is definitely wannabe-Cali-style. NOT COOL.

Second... I wore holes in my pants WAY before Hollister came out.

Third... Never said "This is HOW I wear these! TRY IT BOYS! (a bit exaggerated to what you said)"

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got about 12 pairs of normal jeans and 6 pairs of destroyed denim. Then again, that was the "key look" where I used to work (who incidentally brought back the whole destroyed trend... as well as the popped collars...)

To be honest, I could care less what other guys think about guys who wear destroyed denim. I mean seriously, when you start worrying about what another dude is wearing... well I'm not going to finish that sentence.

*edit - By the way, MikeS... it was A&F who brought back the destroyed, not HCo (though you could argue it both ways since Hollister is an Abercrombie & Fitch owned company...)