Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does anyone fail to apply game because it sounds cringey?

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
I find myself failing to implement stuff ('game') that i've read in books etc, because it makes me cringe and not only do I imagine it not 'working', but I think it'll do more harm than just saying something 'normal'! But at the same time I get angry at myself because if I open a girl and am just like 'Hey, what's your name? bla bla bla'' and she rejects me, people say 'You didn't actually 'run game'!! No wonder she rejected you''

For Example - I was listening to Gunwitch earlier. One of the biggest PUA writers there is. Been in the game teaching for like 20 years

He was talking about what to say after you open a girl in a bar or whatever, and his example was ''Hi. I'm gun. I noticed that you look like someone who builds walls around themselves. You're maybe guarded around strangers, but I think you are super loyal to your friends but maybe sometimes people try to take advantage of you and it upsets you. Does that make sense??''

I felt like throwing up.

I'm not sure where he lives or what sort of women he's saying this too after opening them, but I think the hot, 18-21 UK girls here would look at me like I was mentally-sub normal and was maybe missing my carer! An absolute giant ''WTF?!!!!!'' reaction.

There's millions of examples from all kinds of PUA's. Not just him. And It's not even just the 'words', but the theory. Like, it'd be impossible to implement the 'theory' without saying something very odd and cheesy!

Anyone have experience with this? Maybe you bit the bullet and delivered some of this cheesy ass stuff? How did it go!!?

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Its not what you say, its how you say it and the underlying message you are trying to convey

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Yes, plenty of PUA guru lines make me gag lol.

Also, trying to use someone else’s “line” is usually a recipe for failure. You won’t feel “right” about it and will deliver it in a very awkward way.

I think there was an old (DD?) c&f routine....

<Chick accidentally bumps into PUA guy at busy bar/club>

PUA: Did you just touch my azz?

HB: No.

PUA: Yeah you did. And next time I’d appreciate it if you’d go a bit higher lol.

There’s no way on earth I would or could try that on a stranger.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I’ve definitely said some crazy lines back in the day. But, I was a younger Chadlite (so I could get away with most of it), and they were lines I made up myself on the spot, so my delivery was pretty good*.

As an older balding Shrek-lite, I talk to women as little as possible now lol.

*If you make up the line on the spot and use it ASAP, you don’t have time to “worry” about it. So the awkwardness is largely missing. Like the 3 second rule.

Last edited:

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
Might try being 'normal' tonight and just speaking like a normal person 'Hi, hows your night going? Whats' your name? What do you do? how old are you?'

and next week 'run game' so tell them they 'look like someone who puts walls up around themselves'(emotional cold read), 'you and me wouldn't get along' (disqualiify), 'Are them nails fake?' (neg) etc and so how results compare lol

Shrubber101

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the PUA chat I've seen always seems very feminine and kind of emasculating. Who wants to rabbit on like a camp gay man on speed even if it does get you laid.
I don't think I'd ever want to demeane myself like that.

Personally I never like talking to people at the best of times - men or women,so why try to be someone I'm not just to get access to vaginas.

I've always been kind of shy and quiet. I don't like social situations at all but apparently it comes across as mysterious and brooding to women.
I'm naturally dry and sarcastic, especially under social stress so negging comes naturally to me.

So I'd rather go with what works for me and requires no effort on my part. Do you really want to expend that much effort into acquiring sex anyway?

You are the prize. Let them sense your masculinity, by being your true individual self.
Play to your strengths. If your the gregarious, extrovert type whos good with the chat then go the PUA route but whatever you do, be true to yourself. Women will pick up on that and be way more attracted towards you than any amount of PUA b.s.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Example - I was listening to Gunwitch earlier. One of the biggest PUA writers there is. Been in the game teaching for like 20 years

He was talking about what to say after you open a girl in a bar or whatever, and his example was ''Hi. I'm gun. I noticed that you look like someone who builds walls around themselves. You're maybe guarded around strangers, but I think you are super loyal to your friends but maybe sometimes people try to take advantage of you and it upsets you. Does that make sense??''
Lol, what. That sounds like an opener for someone with Aspberger's.

I hate canned routines. When I was much younger, I, too, would try them out. I think the problem is congruence. If you're not comfortable saying it, you'll be acting and it'll be obvious. Like trying to wear a top hat or whatever Mystery used to do. The other problem is they don't account for conversation flow. Obviously a girl is going to reply, and you can't just continue with the same lines if she takes it someplace else.

Attraction is really more about your mindset, how you carry yourself and respond to things. Maybe the PUA industry is trying to teach a mindset through routines, but I don't think they're that sophisticated.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny story:
I was out with friends, a little drunk and didn't give much of a sh1t. One of my mates, wasted, starts talking with a girls and tells her something about a math olympics. Girl ran like hell.
I thought why not do the same, whatever.
So I pick a girl in the club that seemed to actually be interested in me. Went to her and said "Hey, I'm Andrei, the guy from the math olympics. Her face went from attraction to WTF in 2 seconds.
Canned openers don't work.
Honesty works. Most importantly, it works in your benefit.