Does anyone else ever....

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feel like they missed out on parts of life? I know I do.Not trying to bring anyone down,but this is something that has bothered me for some time.Anyone have any tips for getting over it?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i missed out on a lot of high school because I was a chump and I had some mental health issues. It doesn't really bother me that much, tho, because I've still got a long time to live (presumably)

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I feel I missed out on alot in high school,and what little college experience I have had.I didn't fully graduate highschool,so I had to wait some time for college.I went for a couple of semesters at a commuinty college last year. It was so-so. Not exactly party central. I have been having serious concerns about my own future as of late. I realize I have wasted too much time,a lack or preparedness, and not focusing on what I should have been focusing on. I am still somewhat a chump. When you say mental health,like what,depression? Cause i have dealt with that for a while. Plus I have like add.Am I just looking at things the wrong way? Do I put too much emphasis focus on sex/relationships/chicks? Cause thats one field that has been bothering me for some time....

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, while its a certainly a fun part of it, I think you need to worry less about partying in college and more about your studies, since that is after all what you're paying the big bucks for.

And yeah you probably are putting too much emphasis on sex - as are most people. To be honest, I'm getting a pretty good amount right now (several times a week usually), and I guess it's like money, it doesn't make you happy.

Sure, you're unhappy when you don't have any, but it won't suddenly make your life complete, just removes something that was previously making you unhappy.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,I mean,I didn't do the whole graduate highschool then go to college thing,cause I didn't pass educational requirements,so I ended up doing nothing for about 2 years,rather than genuinely trying to pass this damn test to graduate,which I did recently,so that is behind me. But I read about people in my age range,say 18-22,who had alot of the same problems I did,social/dating related,and they have totally turned there life around,and yet I feel im still in the same position,I am trying not to be so down,but I cant help it,I am trying to come out of it.Im shocked at how much I wasted,when,as I read in Pook's blog,haha,should have been investing in cetain things,including myself.I'll admit,I get a tad jealous when I see people all together and holding hands and such,other guys always getting laid,but I realize its cause I don't put enough time in it,I am not out at the bars,clubs,wherever else you can meet women,which is everywhere,I am tryning to kill that nice guy off as well.See where I am coming from?

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I missed out a lot in my life. I wasted a good 16 years of my life.

If I knew what I knew now, I could have really enjoy my life back then.

Much of life was spent being a boy, instead of being a man. I lacked the maturity, something I could have really used back then.

While my friends were out having fun and being social. I stayed home and played computer games.

I've never even held a girl's hand until a year ago.

Right now I'm playing catchup with people my age. But, I might graduate early if I work hard in college right now.

My high school year is almost coming to an end. My college years are just beginning (im taking community college courses).

There is a huge journey waiting for me, and I'm ready to embark on it. Where ever life takes me to, im prepared.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's never to late to live. i was agoraphobic for 2 years and i was stuck in my bedroom and couldn't get out. it all happened back when i was entering into grade 10. going out to the store felt almost like a life and death situation, when to most people it is a simple task. it wasn't fun because i am from a small town od 70,000 people, so everybody knows pretty much everybody and there were rumors about me- i had cancer, aids, i was in a mental institution, etc.

i would listen to my friends come over on weekends and talk about whose dating who, whose pregnant, rumors, etc. i was missing out on one of the more better times in life. i always heard people alot older than me talk about wishing they could go back to their highschool years. i was missing out.

then one day i was sitting in my bedroom and i looked out my window and seen a guy and girl walking through the path and it was like a slow motion moment. the wind was blowing though her hair and he was making a joke and she was laughing. i thought to myself....i'm never going to get a woman being stuck in here and it made me mad.

after truly thinking about it all i said to myself that i would break the chains and leave this cell. my friends came over and they talked about the usual gossip around school and i stopped giving a dam what was going on in the outside world and started giving a dam with what was going on inside my head.

i read alot of motivational books and finally one day i left my bedroom and jumped on a plane and went into the big city and it was one of the greatest things i ever did because i didn't know anybody and it felt like i had the chance to start over and forget what was back where i came from.

instead of focusing on what you missed out on...you should be living in the now. i know how hard it is to break the shell but it can be broken. it's like when people can't miss an episode of survivor or they have to know what color brad pitt dyed his hair in the latest mags...these people are complaining how life is boring because they aren't living. they are reading and watching other people live. i know alot of people that always have to know what i am doing because i always have something to say i tried. then i asked them what they are doing and they say the same old thing- NOTHING!