Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does Alcohol Make You Do Stupid Things?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a heavy drinker myself, I enjoy a few drinks on the weekend only and it's usually at home, not in the bars or clubs etc.

I tend to drink vodka.. However I am at a point now, where I think I really need to quit alcohol all together.

It's not because I drink too much or I am addicted to alcohol in any sense.

It's mostly because, I tend to be quite Stoic and rational when sober.. If someone annoys me or disrespects me, I internalise the situation and react in a rational/stoic manner.

However when I begin drinking and at the tipsy stage, I tend to get angrier much more and say things that I wouldn't usually say.

This is a problem. Some things are better left unsaid, especially around chicks.. I think from today onwards I will work hard at dropping the alcohol completely.

Any of you guys have any similar situations with alcohol, has it caused problems in your in relationships at all.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a functional alcoholic. Hard to admit. I'm always endearouring to quit. I went 37 days last year without a drink, but only started again when I had COVID and was in lockdown, and had wine at home, and was bored.

I drink to feel normal. When I drink, I rarely get drunk.... I just have a high tolerance.

Where I live, there is a huge pub / drinking social scene, which makes things hard.

I know at one near stage in my life, I'm going to stop, I just hope it is relatively soon.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a heavy drinker myself, I enjoy a few drinks on the weekend only and it's usually at home, not in the bars or clubs etc.

I tend to drink vodka.. However I am at a point now, where I think I really need to quit alcohol all together.

It's not because I drink too much or I am addicted to alcohol in any sense.

It's mostly because, I tend to be quite Stoic and rational when sober.. If someone annoys me or disrespects me, I internalise the situation and react in a rational/stoic manner.

However when I begin drinking and at the tipsy stage, I tend to get angrier much more and say things that I wouldn't usually say.

This is a problem. Some things are better left unsaid, especially around chicks.. I think from today onwards I will work hard at dropping the alcohol completely.

Any of you guys have any similar situations with alcohol, has it caused problems in your in relationships at all.
Have you heard this, “Nobody tells the truth more than little kids and drunks?”

When you are buzzed, your inhibitions are removed and honesty slips out. Maybe those things need to be said rather than be stoic about it. You may be harboring resentments towards those people. I think men, myself included, tend to hold things inside when we feel we have been wronged or poorly treated. That unspoken resentment is still there, it just being held down until it finally boils over. I’m more of a happy drunk while my wife is a belligerent and rude drunk. We will get in to more arguments after drinking as she gets more passive-aggressive and rude.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Specifically when you're in no contact, it makes you send stupid texts to your ex, like telling the great thing you two have done together, trying to manipulate her to come back. Has happened to me before, so it definitely makes you do $tupid $hit.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol can make people with little self control SAY and DO stupid things

A lot of people complain they send stupid drunk texts and say stupid drunk things

when we are very young ( under 25 ) we are immature and can be excused for doing these stupid things

Once you get past that age it really just shows a lack of control over both yourself and your world

I don't enjoy excessive drinking now I am in my 30's I find it brings very little benefit in the grand scheme of things

I will get slightly tipsy maybe take it to the borderline of drunk and then I will usually stop or just get water

logicallefty

Reaction score
Alcohol can make you do the craziest and sometimes most dangerous things you have ever done in your life. It can bring out the monster in you, or, bring out the funniest version of you the world has ever seen. The key I have found i to drink the RIGHT alcohol. For me:

Jack Daniels brings out a very MEAN and DANGEROUS Lefty. I can't have this anymore
Wine of any kind brings out the STUPIDEST Lefty. I can't have this anymore either.
Bloody Mary will bring out a RELAXED Lefty who just wants to sit and chill.
Mich Ultra, a very lite beer, brings out a MOTIVATED Lefty who gets lots of energy and wants to get sh|t done around the house.
Other stuff makes Lefty want to take a nap.

The key is find what fits you for the situation. It's gonna be different with every single one of us.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to remember a couple of things when drinking: 1) like anything else in life, when the words are out and actions are done, there is no putting them back, and 2), drinking is not a legally acceptable defense for bad behavior.

Alcohol dismisses your inhibitions. Your governor switch to your impulsive thoughts and behaviors is flipped to ‘off’ with each drink. If you go by the book, you should never need to alter your personality. Practically speaking, some people have the emotional and mental conditioning to do it and some don’t.

Reaction score
You have to remember a couple of things when drinking: 1) like anything else in life, when the words are out and actions are done, there is no putting them back, and 2), drinking is not a legally acceptable defense for bad behavior.
Very true. That incident where I drank Wild Turkey 101 and went off the rails on an ex-coworker, my boss lined all of us up the next morning and yelled at us and lectured for 40 minutes. LMAO...good thing the boss liked my ass...The next time I drank WT101, I went to sleep and woke up at 5 A.M. to vomit. No more of it since.

shimran

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's commendable that you're recognizing the potential negative impact of alcohol on your behavior and taking steps to address it. Many individuals have experienced similar situations where alcohol alters their mood and inhibitions, leading to regrettable words or actions. Quitting alcohol altogether seems like a wise decision for you.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's commendable that you're recognizing the potential negative impact of alcohol on your behavior and taking steps to address it. Many individuals have experienced similar situations where alcohol alters their mood and inhibitions, leading to regrettable words or actions. Quitting alcohol altogether seems like a wise decision for you.
I think it's unavoidable to drink get drunk, and not act or behave out of character.

I tend to experience two extremes.

01. Hightended levels of happiness if someone is making me feel good.

02. Hightended levels of anger if someone making me angry

Being in a combative situation under the influence of alcohol is not going to end well.

lgbs2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Daniels brings out a very MEAN and DANGEROUS Lefty. I can't have this anymore
Whiskey is the devil's tool. I remember once in a nightclub, I drank half a bottle of whiskey and got into a fight with the bouncer. It was a widespread mess and a good friend of mine almost got shot. I never drank whiskey after that!