Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does a girl's status matter to you?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Common sentiment is that status doesn't really matter to men. But is that really true?

If you met a pretty girl at a bar and then went on a date with her and found out she was a millionaire or a foreign princess or a celebrity you didn't immediately recognize, how would you react? Would that affect anything for you?

I think it would be a pretty sweet bonus. (Until reality kicks in later)

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Common sentiment is that status doesn't really matter to men. But is that really true?

If you met a pretty girl at a bar and then went on a date with her and found out she was a millionaire or a foreign princess or a celebrity you didn't immediately recognize, how would you react? Would that affect anything for you?

It would never happen because I’m not a higher social status

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sound like a man***** to me.. Be prepared to be treated as wise.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. To a certain extent. I have no desire to spend my time with hood rats.

KirthWGersen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being married to a woman of high social status certainly helped me in my career. And maintaining good relationships with her and her contacts after divorce did so even more.

But when it comes down to sexual attraction: it makes not a jot of difference. I've ****ed women from the lowest strata to the highest and the only thing that has ever mattered is how hot and sexy they are. Literally nothing else matters if there is no financial entanglement and you do not cohabit.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's not a priority for me. I don't really care, as long as she's not so much of a loser that she's going to be begging me for money all the time. Generally a woman with high status is not beneficial for a man because it just means that she's more likely to be snooty and arrogant and women are mostly unwilling to help men out because despite paying lip service to feminism most women still expect men to pay for everything and to give them a leg up in life.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Poor people have poor ways"

You don't realize how that affects you and how you look at opportunities until you look back at how you talked yourself out of a deal because you were stuck in a paradigm. Confidence is social currency. People from a higher social circle have the $ and Confidence. if you are around people like that you find yourself rising to their level.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Confidence is social currency. People from a higher social circle have the $ and Confidence. if you are around people like that you find yourself rising to their level.
I agree, but people in a higher social circle are not always wealthy. It is possible for a lot people to be in those social circles just through connections and the social circle actually enjoys their company.

Being around people with money is always more beneficial than being around a bunch of broke people that do not try to elevate themselves in life.

I dont care what a woman does (as long as its an ethical career) or how much money she makes as long as she is close to my level or higher and can afford to do things that she wants to do, or can afford to tag along with me on things I want to do.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It's not a priority for me. I don't really care, as long as she's not so much of a loser that she's going to be begging me for money all the time. Generally a woman with high status is not beneficial for a man because it just means that she's more likely to be snooty and arrogant and women are mostly unwilling to help men out because despite paying lip service to feminism most women still expect men to pay for everything and to give them a leg up in life.
I think I would almost like a lower status gf so I could make snobby people uncomfortable and go quiet when they ask what she does lol.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I would almost like a lower status gf so I could make snobby people uncomfortable and go quiet when they ask what she does lol.
Generally women are looking to date up, so it's not as is you have the choice most of the time. Even a woman that is a millionaire is going to look for a man that earns more than her. There are plenty of examples of that.

I remember Stefan Molyneux talking about how its generally better to date people on your level. If they are a lot richer, then they'll want to go to expensive places all the time which will end up costing you. If they're a lot poorer, then they'll either be sponging off you or you'll be forced to go to cheap places and won't be able to enjoy the lifestyle that you otherwise could.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

To men, it should not. To women, either consciously or unconsciously, status matters. Your reaction should be, "cool, let me enjoy this night as much as possible, cause tomorrow hypergamy will knock on the door and it will be somebody else's turn.". So yep, should not matter, just be realistic and enjoy while you can.

Modern Man Advice

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all. Physical attractiveness matters most. Higher socioeconomic status women have more money to spend to make themselves look better.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was married to a doctor, and I'm a PA plus real estate investor. She was a mess. It never helped me in my PA career. She was also heavily in debt due to her spending on frivolous things and personal debt. All I can say, is what people portray in the public is not necessarily the same in private. A lot of rich people are living off credit and couldn't rub two pennies together.

Reactions: BMX

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I dated a mini celebrity and millionaire in China for a few years. Her status was def impressive just because we got free vip treatment everywhere we went. And she always demanded to pay for everything because she knew at that time i was not nearly as well off as she was financially.

But what really blew me away was she was just an incredibly positive person and never complained or said anything negative. Always trying to better herself as well each day. Amazing self discipline and mindset. Never met another woman like that ever. We are still in touch. And if i ever decide to get married again she would be the one.

The only person i have ever met comparable was my longfist kungfu sifu in Taiwan who is an older Taiwanese man who practices kungfu and qigong daily up in the moutains there.

Some people just radiate a higher level of positive energy while others just radiate stagnant or negative energy. Most people especially women only know how to sit around and complain. It is very easy to fall into these low energy mindsets if you allow yourself to.

Sorry if i went slightly off topic here. A lot of very successful people either inherited what they have or truly are just a different breed of person with amazing abundance mindsets and drive.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman's status isn't nearly as important because we can boost her status by associating with her or outright claiming her, however a woman cannot boost our status the same way, or if she does, we become a target for other men who actually are of her status and thus a higher status than you... So women who are paired with lower status men often like men who are gonna fight over them or will generally be viewed as disposable, in my experience, even if a genuine relationship with her kids is formed, that will be thrown away easily and forgotten.

My ex spent the last 5 years telling her son I was the bad one in the relationship meanwhile I've kept communication with him by email, she literally told this kid I left because of him lol, it was gross, he literally had nothing to do with it but even he wasn't spared.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
If you see an attractive homless woman and a fat billionaire like Gina Reinhardt, who would you rather date?

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Women don't date down usually.

If she's higher "status" than me, the game doesn't change.

If she's lower "status" than me, the game doesn't change.

Hold frame. Lead. Cultivate options. Keep who makes you the best version of yourself.

Stay selfish.