"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Does a bad 1st impression mean no hope?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
There's a woman I like and want to ask out. I caught her looking at me during class last year and picked up a few superficial signs of interest.

However, she came to speak to me a few months ago and after having a bad day, all I did was moan and run myself down. I know I created a bad impression and must've seemed like a total depressive loser.

I haven't spoken to her since then, but now my mood and confidence is at its peak. I sometimes see her around and wonder if it's worth approaching her. Is it possible that she can overlook that bad first impression or is this a lost cause?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
TALK TO THE WOMAN!

You'll never know if you don't get over there and talk to her, now will you? It isn't like you two were involved, so what's the big deal? First impressions are very important. But they are not everything.

What have you got to lose besides your bad first impression?


:cool:
 
Top