Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doc Love Hatchet Job

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I put "Tom Hodges Doc Love" into google, and this article came up on the first page:

http://www.clickmagazine.net/cm/Articles_Template.asp?Article=355

If you read the other dating articles on there you will notice a similar tone. This guy doesn't know wtf he's talking about and just spits out all the cliches about women. He then uses those cliches (like the idea that women know what they want) as a foundation to build his arguments which have more holes than swiss cheese.

It just agrees with the whole idea that the world, especially media, wants men to be AFC's. It pisses me off because it does a great disservice to guys who have never thoroughly read and thought through Doc's stuff and will then write him off as a quack.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus wept, that man is a total f*ckwit! He completely gets the wrong idea about Doc Love's teachings and I haven't checked but I think he's misreported some of them as well.

The whole thing about being friends annoys me because he obviously understands NOTHING about the concept of LJBF or the Friends Ladder and how women use it.

And as for phoning the next day, give me a break purleese...he'll be recommending flowers on the first date next. :rolleyes:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hatchet job, but ...

Yup, it's a hatchet job, all in all. But I do agree that waiting a week to call is generally too long. I've had the best results calling within 4 days, if the gal didn't get my number and call me within 2 days first. Usually I call about the 2nd day. Wait longer and the "vibe" tends to wear off.

There is no question that mystery lends an air of attraction. The author of that atricle confuses evasiveness with mystery. Out-and-out evasiveness is often seen as a red flag, but Doc Love's idea is to avoid the pitfall of spilling your guts to every woman you meet. That is not a good idea.

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That article has some excellent points,
and is worth reading, especially if you bought 'The System'. It's great to see a point by point critique like that.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I know of Doc Love, the 'system' sounds a bit overrated.

But I suspect the journalist who wrote the article would probably diss most of the DJ bible as well - he seems to have a very AFC approach.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was in a p8ssy whipped LTR - he certainly doesn't sound like he has much experience on the front line of the dating war...

Royal-tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love is marketing genius!

I think Doc Love is highly over rated. He puts too much emphasis on "interest level". There is lot more to the game than what he preaches.

Frankly, I think he is 60% marketing genius and 40% substance.

Peace!

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Doc Love. I don't own any of his products, but I think he's a pretty cool dude.

:cool:

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Doc Love, but the guy who wrote that article is just an idiot. Make sure you call her the next day? Umm yeah, great advice.

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
What a spiteful article hey.

The way it was written, i dont think i can beleive the author of it, his integrity and his bias. What exactly are his motivations.

Then again, i am confused. I am not a great fan of doc love. his letters are ok, and i have heard some bad stuff about his system.

maybe it all leans toward conspiracy?

trust in the bible. as for all that other crap, maybe it goes like : they have to sell it, so maybe if we get people hooked up to advice that doesnt really work we get them coming back for more when they realise they still have a lot more work to do and dont have the answers...and we;ll just tell them we have the answers.

could be. and doc loves famous line "and remember guys: "beleive this famous quote of mine because i know and you dont"

BUT. they can have that fight, i am not interested.

a DJ exists above all of that. he knows he constantly needs improvement on himself, and his lifestyle is above all this finding a soul mate. he is too busy to actively seek a soul mate, and he knows there is more to life than just women.

in fact this is one of the things that attracts women to him, he is engaged in his life, he is not desparate.

he is not a loser looking for advice everytime he goes wrong.

ever notice something about the dj bible, it has safe guards against wussy and loser behaivior that may make you run off and try and buy a 100 dollar "unknown" item. and the bible is free.

it all comes from within, you see, its who you are at the end of the day that gets the girl. all this talk about methods is only a small part of the equation. you nether here doc love talk about life, he just asumes you have one, but i reckon he knows his reader dont.

doc love, fraud or savior, who knows, who cares,

what an interesting article and thread.

thanks for posting it.

for me, i think the dj is the superior way. it has it all, and its about you, not her. she has her way, and its about her not you.

thats human nature.

and a dj reels it in all the time, becuase a proper one is just a man, who knows whats what.

he's not a gimmick

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say this: I never bought anything from him. Somebody told me that it's not worth $100 because if you read his columns you can get the same information. He's most definately a marketing genius. Think about it: he's really selling his own authority and point of view, so logically he's gotta emphasize how much his readers should listen to him and trust him. So that makes sense, but I think it's important to look past the business aspect of it. He's trying to make money like everybody else.

What matters is the content of his advice, and I believe he has a really good understanding of women. His advice is pretty consistant, which is nice because on sosuave you get conflicting points of view and sometimes it's difficult to sort everything out. I'll admit though that his system is rather limited for pickups, and you can go ahead and disagree with specific points like how many days to wait before you call or how important kino is. It would be foolish to discredit someone because you don't agree with everything he says, and Doc has written so many columns that he's got something to say about a large number of issues.

Where he really shines is when he evaluates very specific situations that people write to him about and can cut through the bull**** to give a direct analysis. He points out when guys are totally lying to himself about whether a woman is psycho or just leading the guy on. I personally think his emphasis on interest level is dead on. He has some good insights on LTRs and how to tell if things are going south.

Don't write him off. You don't have to spend money on his products, but occasionally he brings some really good insights that are in total agreement with the DJ bible. Doc Love is just another tool for every DJ to look to sometimes.

His archive is at http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think thats what makes a good DJ: different opinions.
read as much as you can to find YOUR click with the chicks.
we all have our own certain style based on our personalities.

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats right, why limit yourself

and everyone is their own person.

doc love's collumns have many good points worth reading.

and why pay for something you can get for free?

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What pisses me off about this is how much suffering this guy has caused amongst guys who don't know better, take his advice (call the next day...be her friend...don't be mysterious...etc) and get more heartbreak and depression out there in the dating field.

On top of that, this guy is an AWFUL writer. What a jackass.

This quote sums it all up:

It seems that part of being attractive to women is to be mysteriouis to them. that way, suposedly, she'll want to know more about you. While, at the same time you don't come off as desperate to them.

Ummmmm, yeah. ... Okay.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
omg what the writer is a noob. Before I found out about the DJ forums, I was on askmen and had considerable success. Now, comparing the 2, I felt doc love's core philosophy is correct e.g. confidence, self control.

The writer of the article never said: "after using Doc Love's advice for 2 months, I found his techniques sucked." Instead he uses his own biased views. I'm not totally dismissing his points but you must remember we are playing on percentages here. For example he says if a woman doesnt give out her number it means she doesnt give it to strangers. Even though there is a chance, we all know 9 times out of 10 it means she is not interested. I aint going to waste time chasing something that has little chance of succeeding (also a tip for life in general). I have asked for many numbers so i know from personal experience. How about him? He is probably to busy rubbing himself to go out and test that theory.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually that's good for us.

Let all of the AFC guys out there read that article, to reconfirm that their AFC ways will eventually get them what they want, while we just sit back here and collect all the action.

When I play horses, I love it when people disagree with me on what horse I like, because the more people who disagree, the more money I get when or if the horse I choose to won, comes in.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When she wants to remain "just friends," the only solution is to cut all ties, make himself unavailable and become the ultimate challenge. If she likes to hang around him, then she has to work hard for him and commit to a relationship. Otherwise he is not going to waste any more of his valuable time with a woman who just rejected his heart.

A man has to realize that his friendship, time and love is valuable and he shouldn’t give it away for free. Men with the "best friend" labels have to be strong to say, "Enough is enough. No more free rides. If you really think of me as a friend and enjoy my company, you’re going to have to date me if you want to keep them. Otherwise I’m out of your life." A man has to be strong, confident, direct, and let the woman know that he will only give his time away to a woman who will not reject his heart.

Okay, now if you do something like this, all you are doing is acting like a big, selfish baby. If she isn’t attracted to you, why stop being her friend?! How incredibly selfish and stupid is that?! She can’t help her feelings.

This quote right here shows how cluless he is.

I am acting immature, some may see it as that, yes, but you know what? At least I know what I want. YOU would look like a dumbass being "friends" with a woman when you know damn well that's not what you want. If that's not what you want, why act like it is? What's so immature about that?

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you read some of the other articles on the site, it appears to be some sort of AFC validation site. What pisses me off too is that I don't have a single browser on my computer that the site renders properly in. I've tried Safari, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer for Macintosh. I'm not going to fire up my old windows machine just to view an AFC site.

To go on, I think Tom's ego is getting a bit big these days, but I can't argue with his core principles -- Confidence, self Control, and Challenge. They are correct, and reading his stuff got me started on changing myself to be more successful. He's also right that you can't find out what women want by asking them. The only woman I've ever heard give decent advice to a guy is my current girlfriend. He was asking if he should bring this girl flowers and my girl told him no, that is coming on too strong. Which is of course what Tom says all the time -- don't come on too strong: don't start out bringing gifts.

I've come a hell of a long way since I started reforming myself. Basically the man women want is the guy who is big and strong but treats them well. ("Treats them well" does NOT mean "kisses their ass and gives them whatever they want.") That's what I've been doing with my girlfriend and it's working extremely well. She tells me I'm the perfect guy and "I want to keep you forever." She knows:

1. I don't take crap off anyone, including her. If she stops treating me with respect, I will leave, because I know I can find someone else if I have to.

2. But at the same time I care about her and I will never hurt her, treat her bad, or lie to her, as long as she does the same for me.

3. I'm big and strong. I can and WILL kick anyone's ass that tries to hurt her.

It's working great and it's contrary to what that AFC site says. If I'd done the AFC stuff I would have been dumped for sure.

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Doc Love makes a lot of sense, even if some of his ideas are a little bit extreme. While his methods will not get you the most girls, it does tend to weed out a lot of the girls with no interest.

Here are in my view the main lessons I have learnt from him:

1) Always ask for the number to assess interest
2) Keep conversation light and funny
3) Girls with high interest levels are flexible and make things easy for you
4) Gentlemen demand respect, do not allow themselves to be messed around with by women, and remain calm whatever the situation

The areas where I am not so sure about is this whole challenge, mystery thing and playing hard to get. Does playing hard to get really increase interest level?

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a gentleman by the name of Tom Hodges who calls himself "Doc Love," yes, he really calls himself that, and he sells his advice on how to be successful with women. He says that men should listen to him because women don’t know what they want. He claims that you should never ask women for their advice because what they tell you will be the complete opossite. He says that you should go by their actions, not what they say.

...If this guy had a point, I wish he'd make it already...