Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doc, I love ya, but...

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Now the next part is just as great. I always tell you guys that you have to ask for the home phone number – but in this case, Michelle offered it." -Doc Love

http://www.sosuave.com/doclove/doc239.htm

Doc, my man. I love ya to death. I love what you're doing for every man who ever wanted to better himself.

However, this home phone number stuff doesn't work anymore.

When me and my mature buddies go out and get numbers at bars, the girls give the cell phone number -- and we get laid.

Girls carry cell phones. It's the best way to get in contact with them. It's usually the only way to reach them.

Any girl who is going to give you a home phone number probably hasn't been dating long enuf to have been burned by a psycho repeat caller, is so down on her luck that she doesn't own a cell phone, or maybe she does like the guy enuf (very small percentage) - and you'd need to burn thru alot of girls to find this one.

Asking for a home phone number is just plain silly in today's technologically advanced society.

Hell, I work with people's assets, money, and customer service. People want to hear from me. I ask girls and guys (clients) all day for their phone number.

The single girls and guys out there all want to give me the best way to reach them (in case of emergencies etc.) -

Get this.... their cell phone!

Most people who give me their home numbers are married and much older, don't have a cell phone because their too poor, or they just don't want to hear from me.

When they really don't care if I contact them or not, they give me their home number - cause they're rarely home. They do have that cell phone that they carry with them, tho...

Doood. It's 2004. Cell phones and email addresses and screen names will be the future.

Again. Love ya to death, maing.

Cheers!

Eric

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% man, if a girl offers you her home number great, but don't insist on it, leave that to the creepy people.

Yet another reason why you shouldn't take doc's advice too seriously.

Personally, I only read his articles cause of the way he talks sense into AFCs, otherwise, his advice is pretty subpar.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are missing the whole point in that particular advise. Back when he first published his method/book, cells were not as common. The whole idea is to get the number that she actually answers; not the work number (where she can always say she's busy), not her getting your number (which means she'll rarely call), or somebody else's number (IL not high enough). Doc makes the point in his book, but needs to update his articles to get in touch with the age of technology. he says to get her home number (wich can also be the cell) as opposed to her work digits or business card.

In fact, a cell number is better now a days than her home number. Most young women don't even have a home phone that they answer. In fact, her cell number is also pretty safe because MOST women will screen every call that comes in. If she's actually giving you a number that she usually answers, and returns your messages, then that will work. I agree, in his articles, he should explain that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
You guys are missing the whole point in that particular advise. Back when he first published his method/book, cells were not as common. The whole idea is to get the number that she actually answers; not the work number (where she can always say she's busy), not her getting your number (which means she'll rarely call), or somebody else's number (IL not high enough). Doc makes the point in his book, but needs to update his articles to get in touch with the age of technology. he says to get her home number (wich can also be the cell) as opposed to her work digits or business card.

In fact, a cell number is better now a days than her home number. Most young women don't even have a home phone that they answer. In fact, her cell number is also pretty safe because MOST women will screen every call that comes in. If she's actually giving you a number that she usually answers, and returns your messages, then that will work. I agree, in his articles, he should explain that.
Too many people attempt to follow Doc's advice on point and get pissed off when it doesn't work. DJs need to be dynamic and adjust to what ever situation he's in at the moment.

Doc's System is not based on phone numbers, it's based on interest level. Learning on how to determine and raise it is a large portion of his system. Ad to that to his suggestions on qualifying and it is a good combination if it is learned and understood.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've purchased his dating dictionary. There are some solid advice in there but I feel that most of his advice are hard to ingest especially for beginners.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When me and my mature buddies go out and get numbers at bars, the girls give the cell phone number -- and we get laid.
Can't argue with that!

As with ANYBODY'S advice, do not get caught up on such trivial details. If a woman is showing interest, don't knock her back because she didn't follow some master seducer's "rules".

I barely know anyone who even uses their home phone these days.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would Sir Lawrence Olivier use a frame steal close on an HB8 target 3-set?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aztec
I've purchased his dating dictionary. There are some solid advice in there but I feel that most of his advice are hard to ingest especially for beginners.
I bought it a few years ago and I used it to reflect on my past experiences. I never really had a problem getting women, just getting quality women (or at least not getting them because I was a 'nice' guy).

I'll admit that you won't get much from it unless you already have had some tangible experience with women. It's not written as an instruction manual so anyone attempting to learn from square one will have a bit of a problem.

Overall, Doc has some sound explanations about why women do what they do and how to (re)act to what they do. I will say that the book paid for itself in about a week or two from what I learned about first dates. Ever since reading the book I've saved tons of money wasting it on typical first dates.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
...a woman is showing interest, don't knock her back because she didn't follow some master seducer's "rules".

I barely know anyone who even uses their home phone these days.
Following that IL axiom can be deceiving. DL is saying that if she has X % (assuming 51 of some odd number) of IL, it can only go lower therefore not worth the pursuit. I think it can be discouraging to readers if you really take that logic to advice (again if you're a beginner of "AFC").

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are being too harsh on the Doc.

Yes, some of his thoughts are outmoded and a bit overstated such as going for the homephone# and waiting 7 days to call. And he does look like a geek who on his looks alone must have a tough time scoring with anything above a 7.

But, I must say about 70% of what he preaches is dead on. I never bought his system, and only relied on some of his articles posted in various forums. Before then, I was almost totally clueless with women and it is only after I read his material that I realized how many mistakes I was making. Also, thanks to him, I have learned to quickly weed out the same kind of girls who were wasting my time and money in the past.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sapphire
I think some of you guys are being too harsh on the Doc.

Has nothing to do with his looks or such, because his skills must have overwhelmed his looks to get women.

PocoDiablo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Doc Love's advice is good for a certain situation - men who are not *just* trying to get laid!

I bought his system, and it really is aimed at guys who are looking to meet a quality woman, not just a **** buddy.

I think his course still echos what he is trying to teach - only date women who have a high interest level in you, and that you want to really get to know. It will lead to more stability.

Some of us are actually looking for that. ;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PocoDiablo
I think Doc Love's advice is good for a certain situation - men who are not *just* trying to get laid!

I bought his system, and it really is aimed at guys who are looking to meet a quality woman, not just a **** buddy.

I think his course still echos what he is trying to teach - only date women who have a high interest level in you, and that you want to really get to know. It will lead to more stability.

Some of us are actually looking for that. ;)
*** BINGO *** You are spot on about how to use Doc's System. That explains the one problem I've had with women wanting to get into a LTR with me a bit faster than I'd like. They're all nice women but I'm so picky, I can't jump on every woman with a high IL. It does do something for the self esteem when you are the one doing the choosing! :D

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought Doc's system and it does NOT work for me. his system is badly in need of overhaul. It's obsolete. There is no discussion of caller ID, cellphone accept/reject capability, email, IM, etc. He maintains that it is OK to call a woman 10 times in a day. as long as you don't leave a message, she'll never know you are a desperate chump. but with caller ID you can't do that. His system does not address this at all. Also , his system does not really address people who do not have a "normal" 9-5 work schedule. I'm sure for an experienced DJ crossing over to new technology should be intuative, but not for a fustrated rookie like me.

I contacted the Doc for help and he wasn't much help either. sure, he'll talk to me for $2 a minute, by appt only, and will not advise by email. I am really disappointed.

I have made a few posts asking for your help with cellphones and caller ID. you have all been great. ER!C, I'm glad you get cellphone #'s and get laid. I get cellphone #'s too but all I get is voice-mail.

When I get a #, I attempt to call, and 9 out of 10 times I get voice-mail. So if a call attempt fails, I may have to wait several days or a week before making another attempt. it could take several weeks to get a call throught and even then there's a 50-50 chance the signal could break-up mid sentence. By the time I get a chance to ask her out, what little IL there was just fades away. WTF? Am I the only who has this problem?

Since apparently I seem to be the only one, I am going to have to step up my game to the point where girls call me. Francisco offered an excellent suggestion in that I should close a date upon initial meeting, alleviating some of the pressure of having to jump through hoops to ask for a date via modern technology.

But sh*t, even though I'm still a newbie, my game is a zillion times better than when I was an ignorant chump. I have no problem meeting babes and getting a # or email, but then it just goes to sh*t from there. I should at least be getting SOME positive results, don'cha think? Why am I having such a hard time? Am I some kind of hideous ogre?

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ogre

I have made a few posts asking for your help with cellphones and caller ID. you have all been great. ER!C, I'm glad you get cellphone #'s and get laid. I get cellphone #'s too but all I get is voice-mail.

When I get a #, I attempt to call, and 9 out of 10 times I get voice-mail. So if a call attempt fails, I may have to wait several days or a week before making another attempt. it could take several weeks to get a call throught and even then there's a 50-50 chance the signal could break-up mid sentence. By the time I get a chance to ask her out, what little IL there was just fades away. WTF? Am I the only who has this problem?

Since apparently I seem to be the only one, I am going to have to step up my game to the point where girls call me. Francisco offered an excellent suggestion in that I should close a date upon initial meeting, alleviating some of the pressure of having to jump through hoops to ask for a date via modern technology.

But sh*t, even though I'm still a newbie, my game is a zillion times better than when I was an ignorant chump. I have no problem meeting babes and getting a # or email, but then it just goes to sh*t from there. I should at least be getting SOME positive results, don'cha think? Why am I having such a hard time? Am I some kind of hideous ogre?
Ogre,

Create a new thread with this question.

Back to my thread.....

;)

PocoDiablo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eric,

While DL does not address those issues, here is my solution:

I don't call 10 times. I don't even call TWICE! :) I call once. If she is not there, I leave this EXACT message: "Hi, this is James, call me back. 703 - 555 - 1212." <click> If she is interested, she'll call me back. If not, she doesn't like me and that is FINE. I move on.

You should, too. It's really simple. I'm somewhat of an ogre so I have somewhat crappy call backs, but that's fine. It's really their loss. Them not calling me back frees me to find other women who may be more compatible.

Simple. :D

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PocoDiablo

You should, too. It's really simple. I'm somewhat of an ogre so I have somewhat crappy call backs, but that's fine. It's really their loss. Them not calling me back frees me to find other women who may be more compatible.

Simple. :D
I think you misread my post - I'm not looking for any kind of advice.

I'm suggesting that it's time for Doc Love to revamp his system.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ogre
I bought Doc's system and it does NOT work for me. his system is badly in need of overhaul. It's obsolete. There is no discussion of caller ID, cellphone accept/reject capability, email, IM, etc. He maintains that it is OK to call a woman 10 times in a day. as long as you don't leave a message, she'll never know you are a desperate chump. but with caller ID you can't do that. His system does not address this at all. Also , his system does not really address people who do not have a "normal" 9-5 work schedule. I'm sure for an experienced DJ crossing over to new technology should be intuative, but not for a fustrated rookie like me.
Ogre, it sounds as if you have a bigger problem with technology than with women. :p

Now if we're talking about the same 'System,' no where in it does it say that it's OK to call a woman 10 times in a day. Dude, YOU'RE READING THE WRONG BOOK!!!

As Doc would say, his good old Uncle Jeb would talk about the REALITY FACTOR, if a woman doesn't return your call, she isn't interested... MOVE ON!

Ogre, if a woman called me several times a day like that, I'd avoid her too. If you do have Doc's System, read what he says about qualifying, it's the key to bypassing the frustrations you are having.

The best way to deal with technology is sparingly. Don't rely on it but don't avoid it either. It's just a tool, a medium. You need to use your personality and DJ skills to create situations than minimize your interactions through technology. In other words, create situations where you interact with women directly. Situations where they WANT TO interact with you directly.

It sounds as if you need something a bit more 'point by point' than Doc's System. If you are looking for a User's Guide for interacting with women, look into David De Angelo's "Double Your Dating" eBook.

ogre

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco,

Doc's concepts are all right on but the step-by-step is obsolete.

According to doc's System, for 60 days into a relationship, never leave a message. And he insists on strictly adhering to his system and his system only. Somewhere in the audio CD I remember a mention that, hypothetically, one could call 10 times in a day and she'll never know if you didn't leave a message. Not any more, Doc!

yeah I'm gonna hafta work on my conversation skills. A lot. I tried derek vitalio's material and I have trouble digesting it. Derek talks to girls like they were 4 years old and it makes them get all giggly and moist. Is this what I have to do in order to turn women on?