Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you younger guys consider a 40 year old to be an old man?

TheProspect

Reaction score
I personally don't, but it's relative.

I'm 27, and the older I get, the less I see the 40's as an 'old age' for a man. If you died at age 40, I don't think anyone would say you died "an old man".

I see many men who look like sh!t in their 20's and 30's, and I see men men in their 40's and 50's who are vibrant, mentally sharp, and in good physical shape.

Depends on what you mean by "old" though. I think many people realize how quickly time flies by as they get older and often they feel mentally younger than their age, although they do begin to feel the wear and tear on their bodies as they reach their 30's, 40's, and 50's. It also depends on the particular person and how they carry themselves too.

There's different categories of "old" in my opinion:

Category 1 (early 30's to 50ish)
- Broad range that is very dependent on the man's genetics and lifestyle, this range is where men who don't take care of themselves physically & mentally begin to really experience the consequences of aging & a poor lifestyle

Category 2 (50ish to early 60's)
- This is the range in which men's SMV in the looks department begin to universally fade no matter how well they've taken care of themselves, physical capability decreases remarkably, and most people in this range would be described as old by people in their 20's and even 30's, although people in this range can still remain cognitively sharp and very physically active

Category 3 (early 60's to 80ish)
- This is the range where people will slow down if they haven't already, signs of aging becomes obvious and unavoidable, natural deaths associated with age begin to occur, I think most people will consider this "old"

Category 4 (80+)
- This is BeExcellent, hence why she humbly starts her posts off "Advice from the old lady" before going on long tangents as she loses her train of thought (an "I digress" can commonly be found in her posts), and also explains why she frequents the embroidery club

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have a kid or are married then I guess it could feel old. I'm 45 y/o, and single. The prospect of having a child that would be able to see my folks (and remember them) or that I won't end up over 70 y/o by my future kids becomes adults, I guess could make me feel old.
But if you are not planning on having kids then I guess that's okay.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO.

Unless during his prior years, he didn't take good care of his body so he now looks like a piece of sh!t at the age of 40. Other than that, he's NOT OLD.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that this will be highly relative to the lifestyle, health and fitness of a man at this age.

I'm currently 31, I've been active my entire adult life, worked out regularly and I'm easily in the top 5% of men you'd come across in any gym. I also eat really well and have a good diet, I don't do drugs or smoke and I very rarely drink alcohol. I'm in amazing shape and have a great body but here is the important point. Very few men around my age, late twenties to early-mid 30s, are anywhere near what I'm like physically and I'm a true outlier.

From my observations, the majority of people, both men and women, clearly begin to physically decline once they hit around 25 and by the time they are 30 they are definitely over the hill. I actually have to remind myself of how old I actually am because whenever I meet someone my age I never recognize that individual as being my peer. The reality is that at 40 years old most people are in fact "old" and clearly well past their physical prime. As sad as it sounds, it's actually very unusual to find a man in his late 30s or early 40s who even looks decently fit, let alone actually have a good body.

I personally believe that as you get older and the years go by it becomes increasingly difficult to get into shape if you are out of shape. I see tons of guys in their late teens and early 20s at the gym who are reasonably fit but it's not that common to see in men approaching 30 and then beyond. Some of this is due to other priorities in life taking over (family, high work demands, etc.) but something I've noticed with formerly fit men is them getting fitness career ending injuries. A lot of men readily overlook stretching, ignore early warning signs of overuse injuries and blindly follow with exercises that are causing them pain. If your elbow is hurting during a certain exercise either your form is off or it's something you should just be avoiding all together, common sense stuff like this is more often than not disregarded by meatheads.

I highly recommend men get into a good yoga and stretching routine in addition to their exercise program and having good dietary and sleep habits.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I personally don't, but it's relative.

I'm 27, and the older I get, the less I see the 40's as an 'old age' for a man. If you died at age 40, I don't think anyone would say you died "an old man".

I see many men who look like sh!t in their 20's and 30's, and I see men men in their 40's and 50's who are vibrant, mentally sharp, and in good physical shape.

Depends on what you mean by "old" though. I think many people realize how quickly time flies by as they get older and often they feel mentally younger than their age, although they do begin to feel the wear and tear on their bodies as they reach their 30's, 40's, and 50's. It also depends on the particular person and how they carry themselves too.

There's different categories of "old" in my opinion:

Category 1 (early 30's to 50ish)
- Broad range that is very dependent on the man's genetics and lifestyle, this range is where men who don't take care of themselves physically & mentally begin to really experience the consequences of aging & a poor lifestyle

Category 2 (50ish to early 60's)
- This is the range in which men's SMV in the looks department begin to universally fade no matter how well they've taken care of themselves, physical capability decreases remarkably, and most people in this range would be described as old by people in their 20's and even 30's, although people in this range can still remain cognitively sharp and very physically active

Category 3 (early 60's to 80ish)
- This is the range where people will slow down if they haven't already, signs of aging becomes obvious and unavoidable, natural deaths associated with age begin to occur, I think most people will consider this "old"

Category 4 (80+)
- This is BeExcellent, hence why she humbly starts her posts off "Advice from the old lady" before going on long tangents as she loses her train of thought (an "I digress" can commonly be found in her posts), and also explains why she frequents the embroidery club
BeExcellent is 54 i believe, not 80+. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: B80

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Category 4 (80+)
You have to admit she looks good for her age. Although it's always hard to tell anything from glamour shots.

Most 54yo women should be expected to have no sex appeal at all.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You have to admit she looks good for her age. Although it's always hard to tell anything from glamour shots.

Check out Liz Hurley or Christie Brinkley (I think she's in her 60's though).

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Liz Hurley at 55. Impressive.
Don't let the photo fool you, boys. And besides, it's a celebrity who has an abundance of resources and money at her disposal that we are talking about here. Which means, even if she manages to look good at 55, doesn't mean the same for other normal, non-celeb women that age.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Don't let the photo fool you, boys. And besides, it's a celebrity who has an abundance of resources and money at her disposal that we are talking about here. Which means, even if she manages to look good at 55, doesn't mean the same for other normal, non-celeb women that age.
Who cares?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
old is as old does. for men, the power years are 40 till middle 50. continuing on is usually a result of inertia.

I can remember party time when 17, and questioning why some old guy was around that might be about 25 till 30.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on looks and wealth.

Tom Brady is 43 but looks better now than when he was 23, and he's a millionaire.

If you're 40+, in good shape, handsome, successful, it ain't no a big deal.

If you're 40+, fat, bald and broke.................

TheProspect

Reaction score
BeExcellent is 54 i believe, not 80+. lol.

Yeah guys she's cool it was tongue in cheek lol

Yes, it's very rare for a woman of that age to be sexually appealing, especially in the eyes of younger men.

Genetics play a MASSIVE role.

The girl I'm dating now is 22, her mother is in her late 40's, and they first often get confused for sisters. Her mom has aged incredibly well, super aesthetically attractive face (natural beauty too) and her figure is trim for her age as well. Genetically blessed for sure.