"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Do you worry about your "skillset" declining if you don't use it often??

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you don't get laid in a long time or aren't dating someone for a while, do you worry your skills in attracting and seducing women will get sloppy?

I seriously haven't met a woman in a while that I've REALLY been into, but I've had opportunities for relationships/sexual encounters with lesser women who are still good-looking and all. The thing is, I've been deleting a bunch of these numbers without ever calling the girls, basically because I feel like I've already gotten about as far as I CARE to with them. Although the sex would probably be OK, I think I've found boredom with casual sex.

But then there's another part of me that wants to use these girls for "practice," to keep my skills with women sharp so that when I DO meet a girl I'm into like that, I'll know what I'm doing. Sometimes I'm even afraid that if I DON'T call these women, I'll start "losing my edge."

I dunno what to think...I'd just as soon say "F it," but at the same time, when a truly memorable girl comes along, I don't want to be left out in the cold because I reverted to an "AFC" for lack of practice.

So the question is...do you find that if you don't date/f**k/whatever for a while, you revert into AFC-dom? Or does it pretty much stick with you? Should I be banging chicks just to "stay sharp," or should I be waiting for girls that REALLY turn me on?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Some might disagree with me, but I think that if you truly make the internal transition to a DJ, then there IS NO reverting back to AFC ways. However, during the transition phase, it happens where you will fluctuate because of the need to consciously apply the principles, for example; if you have to tell yourself to walk upright that's because you don't do it naturally.

When you do land a relationship, you don't turn all AFC unless you give up trying with the girl...

One more thing, in all the conversations with martial arts instructors and masters that I've had the opportunity to talk with, they all told me something that is very different from what the average person would say... Most people think of getting a black belt as mastering the martial arts, where all of the masters/instructors say that the black belt ONLY says that the person has mastered the BASICS of the martial art and that is the point where the REAL learning begins. Most martial arts with belt systems go from white to black and then will have up to 10 levels (or whatever level where there is another person with a higher level to teach you)
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by So pimp its scary

One more thing, in all the conversations with martial arts instructors and masters that I've had the opportunity to talk with, they all told me something that is very different from what the average person would say... Most people think of getting a black belt as mastering the martial arts, where all of the masters/instructors say that the black belt ONLY says that the person has mastered the BASICS of the martial art and that is the point where the REAL learning begins. Most martial arts with belt systems go from white to black and then will have up to 10 levels (or whatever level where there is another person with a higher level to teach you)
True...but also when you become a black-belt you start teaching, or at least assisting an instructor, and by teaching others the art you learn more about your OWN "style."
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Squirrels, you make an excellent point.

Now, assuming that this is true of ALL of the arts once you master the basics you should begin instructing a young student in the ways of your particular art. Although, to attain mastery you would need a master teacher to bring you to that point...
 
Top