"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Do you think women that keep their ex-husband's last name are alpha-widows?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
5,125
I recall talking to a childless, divorced chick that was newly single but had kept her ex-husband's last name. I have also read that Elizabeth Warren has kept for first husband's name, even after remarrying. It seems to me that a woman that doesn't want to take her new husband's name is signalling that she finds her earlier husband to be superior to her current one. Of course, I could understand a woman with children keeping the name of her children, but then again, a man would be incredibly beta to marry a single mommy.

Also, I have no problem with a widow, staying unmarried, keeping her husband's name, as she is a real widow.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
213
Age
61
Good question. It's only been 18mo since the final decree, and my ex has not gone back to her maiden name, at least not that I'm aware of. And she was pretty butthurt about me insisting that we were done.

That said, there's a lot of extenuating circumstances in this case. As a medical professional, she uses her maiden name partly because that's what her degrees lists, and partly for privacy reasons. So in a sense she never stopped using her maiden name in a big part of her life. The other thing could be that she might be concerned about how our boys might react to her suddenly making that switch.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
Cant really tell you exactly but not to sound boring I would still again follow that one single general rule.

If something a woman does/does not somehow makes you uncomfortable at a gut level, there is something wrong behind it.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Women take last name of husband during marriage (unless it’s some kind of beta fck marriage) and after divorce they don’t bother. Case in point my mother and millions of other women.

Now if they keep their original last name during marriage and hubby takes it, that’s either hubby is a beta fck or she had some interesting last name to begin with, like elite or some sht like that.

Nothing wrong with keeping last name after divorce, it’s customary.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I asked a woman about that once and she said it was just too much trouble to change the name. I suspect that there’s also some kind of identity component at work here, or that changing back to the maiden name is a realization of loss.

My fiancé is a widow, and is using her married name for now, but will of course become “Mrs. Smasher” when we get married.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
1) it is a PITA to change it
2) It is hard for kids who have a different last name than their mother for schoolteachers to make the connection.
3) they often have created work and social connections under the married name, that connection would be lost if they went back to their maiden name.
4) they have more years with the married name than maiden name.


Same goes for women who keep the maiden name.

Women who go to the trouble of reverting back to their maiden name are trying to escape the reputation of the family they married into.
 
Top