Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think the housing shortage is due to so many bachelor men not living with women?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, we just lost another fortune 50 company, Caterpillar, who moved it's HQ to Texas. When the big boys are doing it, you can't ignore it.
Caterpillar is moving its headquarters to Irving, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. Good to see another company expanding its presence in Dallas.

I live in Illinois. People are leaving this state in masses.
I wouldn't want to live there.

There won't be anyone left here to buy houses people want to sell in about 5-10 years. Whoever is here with a house will be STUCK. Everyone is leaving because of the high taxes, crappy weather, and bad politics. If you want to see Illinois in the not so distant future, look at the City of Detroit. We are headed there.
Weather isn't as crappy as you might think. There's access to a lake and water. What happens when Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas become uninhabitable to due to heat and water issues? There will be a mass exodus of the Southwest for the Great Lakes.

For that idea to work, Illinois' government would have to improve. I sense that Illinois' government is a lot like California's. California has failed to build desalinization plants to take water from the Pacific Ocean instead of the Colorado River, which is making Arizona and Southern Nevada's water problems worse.

California's governance has managed to squander many of its natural advantages.

The Illinois is becoming Detroit theory is more likely to happen in the medium term than Arizona-Nevada becoming unhabitable though.

Hey, at least you still have Sears.
Sears is the next Montgomery-Ward.

Yes, and McDonalds too. Illinois doing it's part to degrade human kind, one bite at a time!
If the McDonald brothers had not gotten mixed up with Ray Kroc, McDonald's headquarters would be in Southern California, close to where it was founded. Taco Bell and In N Out Burger kept headquarters in Southern California. Carl's Jr. left Southern California for Nashville. Burger King kept HQ in Florida, close to where it was founded.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Caterpillar is moving its headquarters to Irving, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. Good to see another company expanding its presence in Dallas.

I wouldn't want to live there.

Weather isn't as crappy as you might think. There's access to a lake and water. What happens when Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas become uninhabitable to due to heat and water issues? There will be a mass exodus of the Southwest for the Great Lakes.

For that idea to work, Illinois' government would have to improve. I sense that Illinois' government is a lot like California's. California has failed to build desalinization plants to take water from the Pacific Ocean instead of the Colorado River, which is making Arizona and Southern Nevada's water problems worse.

California's governance has managed to squander many of its natural advantages.

The Illinois is becoming Detroit theory is more likely to happen in the medium term than Arizona-Nevada becoming unhabitable though.

Sears is the next Montgomery-Ward.

If the McDonald brothers had not gotten mixed up with Ray Kroc, McDonald's headquarters would be in Southern California, close to where it was founded. Taco Bell and In N Out Burger kept headquarters in Southern California. Carl's Jr. left Southern California for Nashville. Burger King kept HQ in Florida, close to where it was founded.

Yes, I am aware. I was just reaffirming Logic's case for the decline of the State of Illinois. The only area of Illinois which is still growing are the urban areas as per the census. The rural areas are dying and decaying.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware. I was just reaffirming Logic's case for the decline of the State of Illinois. The only area of Illinois which is still growing are the urban areas as per the census. The rural areas are dying and decaying.
Illinois may be on the decline in perception based off some peoples opinions. It will never actually decline because it has Chicago. Chicago is not like Detroit. At all.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Illinois may be on the decline in perception based off some peoples opinions. It will never actually decline because it has Chicago. Chicago is not like Detroit. At all.
One never knows... If the Merc or Amazon ever leave it's lights out.