Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think low testosterone levels, being raised by single mommies, simping, etc. has made Zoomer lads not be sports fans?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:
The game pitted Tom Brady, the celebrated Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback seeking his seventh Super Bowl win at age 43, against Patrick Mahomes, the brilliant young Kansas City Chiefs star who has become the new face of pro football. The game should have been a ratings bonanza. Instead, the Super Bowl drew its lowest ratings in 15 years.
Plenty of evidence suggests that sports broadcasts aren’t resonating as well with Generation Z—Americans born after 1996—as they did with previous generations. According to a recent poll, only 53 percent of Gen Zers identify as sports fans. And more troubling for networks that have invested heavily in live sports, Gen Zers are half as likely as Millennials to watch live sports regularly, and twice as likely to never watch.
So much for the Ancient Greek tradition of sports to build men. :down:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Performing sport and watching sport are two complete different things, I can hardly find anything more beta than a guy buying a tshirt with some other guy named on it to wear it.

Same things as "supporting" groups of other people that get paid to win regardless those who support them.

Zoomers probably realized that there are no such things as society or "teams", its every soldier for himself and act accordingly.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

So much for the Ancient Greek tradition of sports to build men. :down:
Nothing more masculine than sitting in front of a TV with a bowl of nachos and a 6-pack of beer watching other men play ball :rolleyes: Ancient Greeks competed in the Olympics; the weren't watching them on TV. The real reason why NFL ratings are down is because it has become too political (i.e. BLM-inspired protests, disrespecting the national anthem, etc.) It rubs many people the wrong way. Football is supposed to be mindless entertainment, not an outlet for debates on hot-button political issues.

As an inside, I think it would be a net positive for society if professional sports disappear or become less popular. Like gladiator battles in ancient Rome, professional sports serve to stupefy the public.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I blame technology, internet, video games. When I was growing up, this wasn't in abundance and wasn't easily available so we had no choice except to interact with real people and do real things.

Guys would rather be lazy and take the easy way out by conquering everything in the virtual space these days. Yes, including girls.

I see this in my middle son and have to push him to do things outside. I'm forcing him to join a baseball league this spring. I'm taking him to the range this summer so he knows how to shoot real guns instead of playing fortnite and getting the wrong reality. I'm making him workout with me. I'm going to take him to Karting tracks this summer. I teach him self defense techniques so he's not corrupted by virtual reality on how fighting is in the real world, etc.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 to all the anti-fandom posts above. Only jersey I own is the ones I wore on the field myself.

So I see more interest in individual activities than sports team activities because of the time demand for structured practice schedules. But Biking, hiking, running can be done on the parents' schedule and as frequently or infrequently as wanted.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sports are some of the most masculine and unifying things there are. But the reasons the ratings are down is due to the politics and the fact that fans are restricted.

The passion for sports will absolutely come back when they mean something again. The games are glorified scrimmages. Fans make the sport, not the other way around. What if the fans don't come back? They will. What else is there to do, that wasn't there before? They had a pandemic in 1918, remember all those people wearing masks at sporting events? And sports have only gotten bigger since then.

Don't be naive. Outdoor recreational activities in general are going to skyrocket going forward. Maybe some of that cuts into sports, but it's all in the same vein.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Performing sport and watching sport are two complete different things, I can hardly find anything more beta than a guy buying a tshirt with some other guy named on it to wear it.

Same things as "supporting" groups of other people that get paid to win regardless those who support them.

Zoomers probably realized that there are no such things as society or "teams", its every soldier for himself and act accordingly.
Watching sports is beta. Participating in a sport is more alpha.