Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think 80s Muslim men decided to go along with strict, religious female fashion because they could see how Westernization was causing hypergamy?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:
Nothing has changed the Arab and Muslim world as deeply and fundamentally as the events of 1979 ... The darkness that engulfed the region afterward was described by the Egyptian film director Youssef Chahine as a black wave that had come from the Gulf and swept the region, shrouding women in black as the use of the Saudi-style abaya and niqab, previously unknown in countries like Egypt, began to spread. Dozens of Egypt’s beloved and famed actresses gave up low-cut dresses and big hairdos to don the niqab, with encouragement and alleged payment from rich Saudis.
my opinion: These men could see the writing on the wall that their women were becoming increasing hypergamous, and thus they decided to cast their lot with the religious fundamentalists to control their women's burgeoning hypergamy.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
idk but the few islamic indians i know are not getting laid at all and tell me no one has sex almost in india.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know why some guys on this forum all dying to hate on muslims in general or arabs. There was a thread a few days ago which got closed, where some of them were extremely offensive against this people and it got fortunately closed.

Of course islam controls the hypergamy of women, but it also controls men to a certain degree. And this is not a new phenomenon. All monotheistic religions are like that.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that if you are a young goodlooking guy islam is the last thing you need in your country.

If you are past your 30s, average looking and family oriented its a good bet instead.

Im not clearly referring to the religious point of view.

Anyway its funny how crappy western society became that local men are willing after centuries of wars, to welcome islam to cut the damages.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it has to do with women specifically, but it was a general move in the opposite direction of the west.

The Shah was a CIA plant, who let american oil companies take Iran's resources.

That's right around the time the petrodollar was created, US forcing oil producing countries to only accept dollars under tacit threat of war.

I think that forcing the women to wear all black was more about giving the finger to western, specifically U.S. culture than preventing hypergamy.

It really is about resources, namely oil.

Iran hates the west because Iran has a lot of oil, and the U.S. makes the rules on how and to whom and in what currency they are allowed to sell.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That article was such a load of bull****, the chick who wrote it is a God-damned snake. The entire article is basically her saying that religion in the Middle East should die entirely. She didn’t explicitly say it, but she framed it as “why is there so much fighting and bloodshed? It’s so horrible, why can’t we all just get along and forget about our differences? We need more tolerance of each other” Meanwhile he’s glossing over the fact that foreign powers have been chipping away at parts of the Middle East for centuries. Her kniving writing fails to mention that all the religious extremism came AFTER the West tried murdering millions all across the region, and that most of the religious extremism was due to a direct effort by Western powers to create these religious extremist groups. Then she tries hiding it further by making it seem like all she is doing is simply just wondering why the older generations didn’t do anything (maybe because they couldn’t or else they would get killed???)

How laughable.

The biggest change the Middle Eastern/Muslim world faced was in 1924. Not 1979.

0/10 would not read again, boring read anyway. Plus, the agency she works for in addition to her employment history suggests a very strong conflict of interest. I will admit, her writing shows that she is very well-versed in the art of tradecraft regarding misinformation and propaganda, but I’m too headstrong (and knowledgeable) to fall for her deceit. Fuck this bitch.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been seeing ads for Arab online dating lately. It strikes me as funny that they will have a woman with her hair covered (for modesty reasons, presumably), but her face is made up to the nines. Seems incongruous.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I've been seeing ads for Arab online dating lately. It strikes me as funny that they will have a woman with her hair covered (for modesty reasons, presumably), but her face is made up to the nines. Seems incongruous.
Yeah you begin to wonder what even is the point, here in Australia you see muslim women wearing the tightest jeans and shirt possible and tons of makeup and piercings

But that's all ok, she's wearing a headscarf so she is supposedly modest

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you begin to wonder what even is the point, here in Australia you see muslim women wearing the tightest jeans and shirt possible and tons of makeup and piercings

But that's all ok, she's wearing a headscarf so she is supposedly modest
This is usually not allowed. It is due to the westernization of the muslim world. I would say that today the large majority of muslim women have much more in common with western women than 50 or 100 years ago.

nothing new. Jewish and christian women also had different manner of dress in the past but it slowly changed until it become what it is now.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
This is usually not allowed. It is due to the westernization of the muslim world. I would say that today the large majority of muslim women have much more in common with western women than 50 or 100 years ago.

nothing new. Jewish and christian women also had different manner of dress in the past but it slowly changed until it become what it is now.
Not just the women who are this liberal, My Anglo Saxon Aussie friend Converted to islam to marry his Iranian Girlfriend.
The thing is all he had to do was say a few lines in arabic and thats it.

He doesn't pray,still eats pork and drinks. Nothing has changed but her family considers him now a full Muslim. His also the poster boy for his local mosque, i kid you not.

This is what happened with Christianity, it got more and more liberal until it has become what it is today. The same is going to happen to Islam, soon you will have female muslim priests as well.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supposedly they fvck their men well and still cook.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The same is going to happen to Islam, soon you will have female muslim priests as well.
They already do. They also got gay/lesbian mosques. It’s fkn horrendous. No one in the real Muslim community actually takes them seriously though but yeah. Disgusting. It’s crazy how like 80+ years ago christian women used to where the headscarves too. My grandpa was telling me about the married women in particular had to wear the babushkas (he’s Polish) in Church. Sometimes I wonder if it’s too late for society to change back tobwhat it was before...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

my opinion: These men could see the writing on the wall that their women were becoming increasing hypergamous, and thus they decided to cast their lot with the religious fundamentalists to control their women's burgeoning hypergamy.
no they don't, they wanted to keep the control, so like any religion they used it to keep said control, and the best way is always to keep people in check

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I cannot help you. I don't date outside my social background, I was born Christian and became Agnostic. I don't know.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an interesting question, because in some ways traditionalism seems to be an answer to some of today's problems. I think maybe Islam is more rooted in its time period than Christianity because of the focus on the prophet and his life as an example to follow. Christianity has the 10 commandments and some very general principles but Islam has a lot more detailed and specific rules that are based on the culture of another time and place which serve to preserve and strengthen those traditions and create a lot of resistance to change (because changes in society can be seen as going against the religion).

In short, I think their conservatism is a product of their culture and not a reaction to changes in society, because these changes haven't actually happened yet and maybe never will. It is not certain that everywhere in the world will adopt the USA's individualistic and hedonistic way of life, along with the ideological denial of differences between men and women.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bat Islam is a slave to the flesh and Christians are slave to the spirit.
Dont confuse the 2 in this realm
I'm not promoting either religion, I'm just saying that Islam tends to preserve traditional attitudes more than Christianity and that's why I don't think "hypergamy" and so on are really an issue in their culture yet.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an interesting question, because in some ways traditionalism seems to be an answer to some of today's problems. I think maybe Islam is more rooted in its time period than Christianity because of the focus on the prophet and his life as an example to follow. Christianity has the 10 commandments and some very general principles but Islam has a lot more detailed and specific rules that are based on the culture of another time and place which serve to preserve and strengthen those traditions and create a lot of resistance to change (because changes in society can be seen as going against the religion).

In short, I think their conservatism is a product of their culture and not a reaction to changes in society, because these changes haven't actually happened yet and maybe never will. It is not certain that everywhere in the world will adopt the USA's individualistic and hedonistic way of life, along with the ideological denial of differences between men and women.
I'm not promoting either religion, I'm just saying that Islam tends to preserve traditional attitudes more than Christianity and that's why I don't think "hypergamy" and so on are really an issue in their culture yet.
It’s not about Islam being rooted in its time period or whatever it is you’re saying, that’s simply not true bc Islam rebelled against the cultures of all the Arab tribes in the region at the time. They literally tried killing and torturing the dude and his followers for years because of it lol. Islam remained preserve because of 2 reasons:

1) The Qur’an has been preserved and hasn’t changed throughout history.
2) Hadith literature (anything that Prophet Muhammad SAW supposedly said or did) had to go under a verification process before it was accepted as something Muhammad SAW had actually said.

Christianity never did these two things. They just accepted anything anyone said about Jesus that put him in a good light lol hence why he ended up becoming deified later on.

As for hypergamy in Muslim women—it still exists lol. They’re a *little* better than your average woman in terms of promiscuity, but honestly they’re not all that. Many of them are worse than their western counterparts. They’re very high maintenance (in the same way a divas is; that’s basically Muslim chicks), but don’t actually love you more than your average girl, they just get more fiery jealous than them lol so they think they’re more loyal than they really are RIP