Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you swallow disrespect in certain situations?

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For instance, I was playing beer pong at a wedding reception this past saturday night, and the guy I was partnered with said something under his breath. It was the kind that could be taken either way, but in another situation I would have had something to say about it.

Another thing I've noticed about disrespect, it always comes from guys way smaller than I am. I am respectful to everyone, and I unanimously have mutual respect with guys in my size area. Being the biggest guy at the party isn't always the best thing, someone infected with Little Man Syndrome will challenge you. I haven't swung on anyone since the Marines, probably should've a couple times, but my squeaky-clean criminal record has been advantageous.

So do you ignore disrespect in certain situations? Does it bother you to eat it like that? If I had beat him up or at least made a scene, 20 years from now all they would remember is that I got in a fight at their wedding.:box:

We don't need that kind of PR.

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
I would make sure to have a talk with him alone somewhere and pummel him without anyone seeing it. You have to understand that most guys will go for the biggest guy in the room first to try to prove themselves. You are a marked target. If this is ongoing, make sure you pull him or anyone else away from everyone and fuvk him up. They willk know who did it, no witnesses, no charges. Remember that.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Phoenix,
Conflucious he say,big man big prvrick,small man all prvick.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a Marine you know how to conserve your resources and choose your battles wisely. Engage and subdue only real threats, right?

I can think of several reasons NOT to react to those kinds of petty assed provocations. And I can only think of ONE situation which calls for a direct response ... imminent personal physical danger.

Wounded pride is a poor justification for clobbering some d1ckhead civilian . Who is going to believe you were provoked by that weedy guy anyway?

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
As a Marine you know how to conserve your resources and choose your battles wisely. Engage and subdue only real threats, right?

I can think of several reasons NOT to react to those kinds of petty assed provocations. And I can only think of ONE situation which calls for a direct response ... imminent personal physical danger.

Wounded pride is a poor justification for clobbering some d1ckhead civilian . Who is going to believe you were provoked by that weedy guy anyway?
And that's my thoughts to a T.

But I've wondered if these thoughts were a rationalization for cowardice.

We all have our sh!t, I just try very hard not to dump mine on others, for I see that as the greatest weakness.

And I firmly believe that every obnoxious act is a cry for help.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting timing on this topic. I rarely get into it with anyone, but this morning was a bit of a surprise. I stopped in the local c-store to get some orange juice. On the way out one guy tried to move out of my way but this second shorter, stalkier dude didn't budge and mumbled something. Looking right at him and calmly I said "You gotta problem". To which he said the obvious "Yeah you." By now there's 2 store clerks and 6-7 customers watching. I ended it (from my POV) with "Then bring it outside." As I walked out I heard him mumbling something to the people around him like "...you got it...".

I gave him plenty of time heading to my car but clearly he wasn't riled up enough to drop his donut for a Tuesday morning fight. I swallowed some disrespect. But once the little surge of adrenaline wears off logic reminds me this is stupid and why risk permanent injuries, criminal charges, possible impact on a great career, etc.

More importantly, in just 3 seconds I could tell he's the stereotypical short fat unhappy dude who grumbles and groans and spreads misery to everyone around him. Most of the people probably take his side out of fear of rocking the boat. I will admit though, I think guys like these need lessons in keeping their crap to themselves and when someone like us doesn't do anything it just reinforces their frame.

Re: Little Man Syndrome - I was easily 4"-5" taller than this guy and built way more solid. So yeah, these short guys have some attitude I'll give 'em that :)

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had to deal with some stuff like this before and it's always, ALWAYS the smaller dudes who do it. It's insecurity. One of the first halloween themed bars I went to this year me & my wing dressed as spartans ... we're both fit. The girls loved it, most of the guys were cool about it (got compliments from em like "damn dog I'm jealous of your body" or "I could never pull that off"), but there were a couple who'd say something like "what a homo" or "what a douche bag" to my back. I just ignore it.

Most guys don't pick on me - I'm not super tall (5'10"), but I'm built. In fact I usually get some serious respect from the fellas. Little man syndrome is unavoidable though, there will always be haters, just gotta deal with it. I don't want a criminal record either just because someone called me a name. It takes a lot more than that to put a dent in me. A few times I have thought of some clever comebacks and that's always a riot, but when nothing comes to mind I just let it go.

No one bigger than me has ever talked down to me; it's always the smaller insecure, unhappy dudes. Sometimes I pity them and genuinely ask what they're so unhappy about that they need to insult people; that usually disarms them. I try to make it a point to introduce myself to everyone though, big and small, guy and girl, wherever I go ... build bridges, don't burn them :cool:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone else's insults can only affect you if you have a problem with yourself in the first place. That is not to say to ignore them - it's fine to fight words with words, but don't get angry or upset about it. Just openly laugh at the other guy's stupidity and let him be the one to lose his cool.

Mex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am one of those "little men" and I have actually had the opposite experience that Ill tell you about in a minute. I am not a hater, although I do envy dudes with height since I am only 5-7. Believe me, girls are naturally more comfortable with taller men to begin with, and us shorts guys have to work a little harder. But I do not assume anything on anyone off the bat, nor do I talk $hit about anyone because they have something that I don't, some of my friends are pretty ripped and much taller than me.

Anyway, I have seen many times, there will be a dude juiced up on roids looking for an easy scrap. Ive been the target a handful of these times, and to me that seemed like insecurity on them. Some dudes just get jacked because they are insecure to begin with, and then they feel tough when they scare some smaller dude. I am never starting fights, so when this happens I know that this guy is just an inflated vagina and I laugh, even though deep down I would like to get one shot in even if it means losing a fight.

But I do exercise, and try to improve my looks/build, so kudos to the guys that have achieved this just for the sake of making themselves better!

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mex, you make a good point; it is ironic that LMS does not discriminate based on stature.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel sorry for people who disrespect others. Typically it's a display their inadequacies and lack of confidence. I respect everyone I meet until I'm given a reason to do otherwise...or am really drunk and actin the fool.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did anyone else see this show up on the main forum page as "Do you swallow..." and go WTF?!?!!? :confused:

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Did anyone else see this show up on the main forum page as "Do you swallow..." and go WTF?!?!!? :confused:
Sure did! :crackup:

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude.. Don't resort to violence when someone is talking ****, only when you need to really defend yourself. Don't any of you have any discipline? Other then talk be verbal back to him.

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not know why there is a thing called smaller syndorm or w.e, I've been short my whole life 5'7 currently at age 20, and I never have to prove myself or talk **** to someone bigger. But I have had bigger people try to **** with me. But they don't know I am a pro at throwing down.

Ziniath

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with Bible Belt on this one: It's only disrespect if you perceive it as disrespect.

Utlimately, the only person with the problem is the other guy. If he's whispering **** under his breath it says more about him than anything that comes out of his mouth about me.

Because I view the situation this way, I am not disrespected: he is, by himself.

If it comes to a confrontation (which I will never start), I will simply look the other person very seriously in the eye and tell them their behaviour is unacceptable, and they are simply making a fool of themselves in front of everybody. I will ask them what their issue is, and if it can be resolved, I will resolve it. If not, I will tell them "it's a shame you see the world that way", and walk away.

I will only resort to physical violence in a situation where I must defend myself from physical attack, and even then, as a last resort.

Belmar2009

Don Juan
Reaction score
[

Most guys don't pick on me - I'm not super tall (5'10"), but I'm built. In fact I usually get some serious respect from the fellas. Little man syndrome is unavoidable though, there will always be haters, just gotta deal with it. I don't want a criminal record either just because someone called me a name. It takes a lot more than that to put a dent in me. A few times I have thought of some clever comebacks and that's always a riot, but when nothing comes to mind I just let it go.

Yes, there WILL ALWAYS be haters, we just have to deal with it.

I once read; "A man who dies with no enemies had led a boring and pointless life. Anything worth while doing will always piss someone(s) off! "

If you are an attractive guy: You will have haters!

If you have money: You will have haters!

If you are in a position of authority/managerial: You will have haters!

If you have an attractive woman on your side (7+): You will have haters!

You see, WE ALL want to be liked and accepted by just about everyone but it is impossible.

Only ugly men with crummy jobs who date non-attractive looking woman have ZERO haters!

ACCEPT IT!

P.S. Derek Jeter is rich, good-looking and dates super hot chicks. Though he is a class act and seems like a nice guy; I am sure there are plenty of guys out there who HATE him, just because they are envious.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never tolerate disrespect. Nip that Sh$t in the bud as soon as it happens. You dont have to resort to violence but let your nuts hang and tell that individual not to talk to you in that fashion. People get away with what you allow. Female and male will test you to see what type of animal you are. Be King Kong...

E

Energizer

I'm a short dude and in the last month three taller, fatter middle aged men have started on me, thinking their the bollox - I just let the situation die in all occasions, but I can't stand people like that who needlessly find any situation they can find to have a pop and try and start something.