Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you really become the creepy older guy

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best friend is getting married soon and i've also been weighing the pros and cons of marriage (i'm 25). There is only one compelling argument against the anti-marriage club. This is the argument that if men don't get married we are going to end up unable to get a women in our mid life years due to not being attractive anymore. Were going to end up as the cliched "creepy older guy" at the bar. Marriage proponents argue that yeh marriage may be a bad choice for wealthy, handsome, older bachelor type guys but most of us are not going to be like that. But is it really that cut and dry? Do you inevitably end up with very sparse dating options when you hit 50 or so?
There are some hot older women but most of them aren't that hot...idk? Can you really convince yourself to date 50 yr old women when you are still very attracted to the bodies of the 22-33 yr old women. Basically i'm asking if it is true that as an older (50+) non married man, is your dating/ sex life as unfulfilled as marriage proponent's make it seem.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage proponents are drowning men whose "life preserver" is to drag you down with them.

There are many stars that have to line up before I would consider it.

And the "creepy older guy" thing is an invention by feminists (male and female alike) to shame men into toeing their line. The truth is whatever you decide it is, but as a rule, it is WOMEN who lose their value when they go unmarried, not us. As a society, we pretend that women are "strong and independent", when in fact, they are catered to from every angle. Still, another reason women place such importance on getting married is "What will other women think if I'm not married?"

They, and the men who buy their bullsh!t, are sheep for the slaughter.

So if you are fat, dumpy, or awkward, you run the risk of being labeled a "creepy old man." What are you going to do about it?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
And the "creepy older guy" thing is an invention by feminists (male and female alike) to shame men into toeing their line. The truth is whatever you decide it is, but as a rule, it is WOMEN who lose their value when they go unmarried, not us.
This is what you will hear here.

But if you really think that this guy: http://pics.plentyoffish.com/dating/69/10/vr0k52vpwv_84042990-2.jpg

has the same going on for this guy: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/03/custom_1236360195516_tucker.jpg

Then you are in denial.

Of course that is based on the #1 reason men and women are attracted to each other, and that is looks. Other factors could make the older man more attractive, like a fat pocketbook. :yawn:

It goes for both women and men, once you hit a certain age, other men/women are going to become more attractive because they are simply younger. Sometimes looks don't even matter, you could be better looking, but many young people are simply terrified of age. That number is your death, with those types.

A perfect example. Back when I was heavy into the night life scene, I was friends with the GM of a bar. His son had just reached 21 so he was coming around too. GM was 45. GM was a hot ass 45 year old man. Hell, he is still a hot ass 48 year old man. Gorgeous, fit, funny, genuine, and a great main career, he was just GM to the club as a favor.

His son has a funny shaped head, good looking but not hot like his dad, and juvenile humour. Not as built as daddy either.

Who pulls more chicks?

Junior. Hot GM can't really pull any of the 21-30 year old chicks at the two clubs/lounges that he manages, because they basically see him as "too old", even though the consensus is that he is "totally hot", its more with a "for being an old guy". AND if he approaches women, then he starts to get viewed as creepy.

Anyways, with everything in life, it really just depends on what you are aiming for. If you think you are going to be 40something in the club or nightlife scene full of 20somethings picking up chicks like you did when you were 25, you are in for a hurting.

There will always be the exception to the rule, both good and bad.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iqqi linking to Tucker Max pretty much discredited her altogether for me.

Here is a newsflash - a lot of people in marriages cheat. In your 40's your life can be great if you are in shape and have your sh!t together. I am sure in your 50s you can still pull MANY MANY 30 year olds, which we can agree do not look bad at all. 18's are going to be a stretch and you will not want them, but 26+ should be there imo.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Creepy older guy? I think not

It's all about what a man lets himself become.

that is quite possibly the coolest guy on the planet.

my dad will be 50 on oct 10th and dates women my age. multiple women my age

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His son has a funny shaped head, good looking but not hot like his dad, and juvenile humour. Not as built as daddy either.

Who pulls more chicks?

Junior. Hot GM can't really pull any of the 21-30 year old chicks at the two clubs/lounges that he manages, because they basically see him as "too old",
As I've said elsewhere, I'm always skeptical when guys try to assess other guy's looks, Junior in this case. You may think he isn't hot or that he has a misshapen head, but girls may not agree with you.

As for the older guy, maybe he's not as good with women as you might think. If he was good with women, he wouldn't be viewed as "creepy" when approaching. Maybe he might be a longshot for the 21 year olds, but I don't see any reason at all why he shouldn't be able to bag the 30 year olds.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
that is quite possibly the coolest guy on the planet.

my dad will be 50 on oct 10th and dates women my age. multiple women my age
With age, experience and confidence should also come. As long as the man keeps himself in good health/shape, dresses well and is a master of conversation, he should have no difficulty at getting woman. He shouldn't even have to bother approaching women as they will be drawn to him. It seems your father is like that.

While the most interesting man is a character, he is something that men can achieve.

BTW the actor, Jonathan Goldsmith, is 71.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized IQQI was a female after all this time being on here... wow, I must have been on another planet. I certainly to do not consider myself a "creepy old guy"and I am pushing forty in a year.

Really it is how you carry yourself. Personally, the women in the early twenties are too young for me and I look at them, but do not give them a second thought. I would consider getting them horizontal but never anything else. If you are in poor shape, wear dorky clothes and are hitting on the youngsters, then you will appear very creepy. I try and maintain my health and appearance while wearing cool clothes, but never trying to imitate some kid in college wearing what is in. That would make me look strange.

At the gym, I do see some creepy old guys trying to talk to younger women and not sure why I give them that stigma. I like the 5-10 year down age at the time.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're only the creepy older guy if you don't have women surrounding you. If you have tons of hotties in tow then you're a somebody and everyone will want to know who the hell you are and how to end up like you. See also: Hugh Hefner.

If you're going to the club and trying to pick up girls much younger then you, you don't messed up big time. Once you hit a certain point in life you don't go to teh club to get gtirls, you go there to show them off. Once you get into your mid 30s you've got to look at clubs, organizations, daygame, and places where women are plentiful and don't have their ***** shields to maximum. I saw something the other day that made a lot of sense, maybe it was Roissy, I'm not sure. 40% of women won't want anything to do with older men, 20% will absolutely LOVE to get with older men, and 40% are on the fence so you'll need game to get them. That seems to fit what I've experienced in life.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You won't be creepy at 45 as long as you act like you're 45.

Don't make any attempt to dress or talk like a college dude to fit in at a college bar, dam. And if the place is clearly for younger people, don't hang out there beyond a few games of pool or something.

But when it comes to attraction, everything that I've experienced says that a man doesn't really begin to reach his peak of attractiveness until 35. You'll have no real problem seducing the women that you meet. The thing is, you might not be able to meet 19 year olds at quite the same rate. You won't be in the same social circles as 19 year olds.

You can't join inter-mural sport groups, you can't hit on your subordinates, and if you have 19 year old coworkers at 35, then you're probably a huge loser.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, let's review:

Sean Connery was 59 years old when the women polled all over the world voted him The Sexiest Man Alive in 1989.

Then, to twist the knife even further into the hearts of "young bucks" everywhere, he was voted by women all over the world as The Sexiest Man of the Century at the ripe old age of 69.

What is the lesson here?

Well, first of all, let's not get it twisted------I'm sure he had a lot more 30 to 50 year old women lusting after him than he had 16 to 29 year olds. But regardless, the take home message here is that as a man ages-----and the more "gracefully" he ages, there will always be a wider range of women that he can select from the older he gets.

As has been aptly stated already here, the key to being successful with women of any age AS "you" age is "owning" your age and being comfortable in who you are.

Currently, my "tour of duty" has taken me into my forties, and hopefully it will continue for many years to come. I agree with what NUTZ said in his post because he ain't "crazy"----------he knows "what's up". lol

The busier you become as a man, the more established you are, the more well-rounded your life, the more your status rises within a variety of social circles that have NOTHING to do with bars and nightclubs. I' currently have women from their mid 20's to women in their mid 40's and beyond eye-fukking me on a daily basis.

I believe that men of a certain age-----who have their shyt together and are in even BETTER shape than guys 10 to 15 years younger than them are like a romantic Rorshach tests for the women that are attracted to them:

These women tend to see you as WHATEVER it is they are the most in need of.

If she's younger, she likes you for your maturity. If she's older, she likes you for your youthful appearance. Also, "if" a woman is "into" you, she'll also start to rationalize all sorts of things about you in her mind AND TO HER FRIENDS in order to justify the REAL attraction that she feels for you.

Personally, i've found that women's reasons and rationales for wanting to be with me vary. In the long term, I make it my MISSION to find out "why" they want me. But in the short term, finding out their motivations is put on temporary hold as I'm not sure whether or not what MY ultimate intentions will be towards THEM.

So in the meantime, as a supposedly "older" man, I'm content to just having chicks from their early 20's to their early 40's consistently looking at me like I was a "pork chop".

VU

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
With age, experience and confidence should also come. As long as the man keeps himself in good health/shape, dresses well and is a master of conversation, he should have no difficulty at getting woman. He shouldn't even have to bother approaching women as they will be drawn to him. It seems your father is like that.

While the most interesting man is a character, he is something that men can achieve.

BTW the actor, Jonathan Goldsmith, is 71.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/photos/stylus/114763-Goldsmith_Peete_large.jpg

real life

he's probably somewhere breaking off into something as we speak.

that many is my idol for being a 71 year old.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if you are playing out of position. I go to professional mixers, adult happy hours, get togethers of other late 20 to 30 year olds. I don't hang out in too many night clubs unless I'm with other people my age in a group or it's clubs that cater to an older group. We recently did a show in a college town at a house party where I knew no one but the promoter and my djs. First we didn't know it was a house party, second everyone there was probably 21-23. I put girls out of my head that night and just went to work setting up and getting everyting ready for my guys. Ended up pulling at the after party because of my status, but there was no way I would have went up approaching young chicks in that venue. It's all about picking your battles. Also meeting younger women outside of clubs works a lot better. They like older men, its all about appearances and the situation.

Reaction score
Creepy old guys are just as bad as creepy 18 year olds.......no chicks want to be seen with them, and ALL chicks get creeped out by them.

The main issue with being afraid of being a creepy older guy, when you right now are 25 FREAKIN YEARS OLD, is that it is wayyyy too far into the future to worry about.......take your life year by year, it reeks of AFCness and pvssyness to worry about how your life will be in 20 years - it's kind of nerdy too actually.

Also, it is better to be a 45 year old having freedom to do what he wants, than to be a 45 year old married to some 40 year old bytch who isn't feminine enough to be an ideal wife, and instead you end up stuck in the JAILCELL known as an unhappy marriage.........your other option? Get divorced, and lose all your $$.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a pastor who is 40 and just married this beautiful 20 year old girl (Christian of course)

The key is, if you are an older man, you must have achieved something tangible by then.

Obviously a pastor is naturally demonstrating high value in the Christian circles, but regardless, whatever field/circle you are in, you must have done something noteworthy.

The main difference between a 25 year old guy and a 40 year old guy is, a 25 year old guy can sell his *potential success* to a girl. A 40 year old guy better have the goods, and have the goods NOW (money, status)

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil's favorite fluff game in supermarkets - it's corny but fun.

I walk around pushing my cart until I find a very attractive '20' something on the staff. Approach and look at her dead in the eye.

Jophil, " Are you working here until that movie/modeling offer comes though ?"

Hottie (giggles), " Nah, but I wish. I just go to school ."

Jophil, " Too bad you are so young, I prefer more experienced women. Does your mother look like you ?"

Hottie, ( looks a little confused ), " Well yeah..a little . But I am not a kid either."

Jophil," Next time i come in here I will get her phone # "

Hottie, " She is happily married to my Dad."

Jophil, " Oh well, that just leaves you and me.... I gotta go now. See you soon..."

The next time I visit the market she is all smiles and waves....

Being a mature man has it's distinct advantages.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would wonder...

if you took 10,000 guys, told them hey, right now you are 25. In 25 years, you will become a millionaire times over. You will be debt free and achieved most if not all your goals, would they get married still.

i'm betting 80-90% of the guys would stay single.\

imho most guys who get married that early are really, at least usually, short selling stocks on themselves and their future potential to get pvssy.

lol, I just realized i'm one of those guys lol

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
If you think you are going to be 40something in the club or nightlife scene full of 20somethings picking up chicks like you did when you were 25, you are in for a hurting.

There will always be the exception to the rule, both good and bad.
So basically you don't know what the f*** you are trying to say. :D