Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you Pay for First Dates?

Do you pay for first dates

• No way Jose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She has to pay for it all

• All my Dates are free

• Total voters

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not about the money, which is irrelevant. It is about setting the right tone: valuing yourself, expecting reciprocity, not pandering, not putting women on a pedestal. I set the rules for my interactions, not wider society or entitled women.

You sound just like a feminist ffs

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no reason to not abide by the above Rule. If you invited her out on a one-on-one date, then you should pay, unless you agree with her otherwise (i.e. Dutch treat - I guess the Dutch are simply cheap-@$$es ;)).
No, the Dutch are smart. It´s American women that are simply cheap-@$$es ;) and they are experts at taking advantage of dopey men.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...would understand that the guy is in the lead, the date is him offering the woman an opportunnity to go on the journey that he has planned and will take her along with him (he is in charge). So of course he is paying for the meal,...it isn't even a question.
What if the man is a feminist, a champion for women’s rights and equal pay and opportunities for all women? His mission in life is to have all women be in positions of power, be sexually liberated and sleep with whom ever they wish without judgement.

Still pays?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not read the entire thread but quite frankly the answer for me is no

i dont believe paying for her to be in your company sets a good precedent ( and usually encourages the wrong type of women)

The type of women whom i would seriously "date" would always offer to pay her way, then depending on how interested i am in her i will decide if i want too spoil her

treats for good behaviour are fine once you are at that stage with her, but imo first date is literally just two people deciding if they like each other i don't see why either party should foot the bill for something which will quite likely come to absolutely nothing

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Not read the entire thread but quite frankly the answer for me is no

i dont believe paying for her to be in your company sets a good precedent ( and usually encourages the wrong type of women)

The type of women whom i would seriously "date" would always offer to pay her way, then depending on how interested i am in her i will decide if i want too spoil her

treats for good behaviour are fine once you are at that stage with her, but imo first date is literally just two people deciding if they like each other i don't see why either party should foot the bill for something which will quite likely come to absolutely nothing
Wow,...you really really just don't get it. The one who makes the offer, plans the date, and "funds" the date that they planned, is the one with the power, the one in control. You are destined to be the dominated hen-pecked guy following the woman who paid, tells you what to do, where to go, how to do it. She's paying, it's her money, she's the boss. But at least you don't have to pay for the stupid hamburger.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
White knight spotted
Riiiight.... Like you've never seen any of my posts that clearly define me as the complete opposite of that. I just tell the truth, and acknowledge the truth,...even if it just may have come from a woman at that particular moment. Even in your case,...we have debated in some threads,...and I've stood behind you and back you in other threads. With me is isn't about personality cults, or gender cults.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Riiiight.... Like you've never seen any of my posts that clearly define me as the complete opposite of that. I just tell the truth, and acknowledge the truth,...even if it just may have come from a woman at that particular moment. Even in your case,...we have debated in some threads,...and I've stood behind you and back you in other threads. With me is isn't about personality cults, or gender cults.
My bad. I’m in a “call it as I see it” mood recently. Not trying to cut you

KirthWGersen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow,...you really really just don't get it. The one who makes the offer, plans the date, and "funds" the date that they planned, is the one with the power, the one in control. You are destined to be the dominated hen-pecked guy following the woman who paid, tells you what to do, where to go, how to do it. She's paying, it's her money, she's the boss. But at least you don't have to pay for the stupid hamburger.
I see it the complete opposite way. If you are paying for everything, you are debasing yourself in hopes of getting in the woman's good books. A confident, attractive man doesn't need to simp to get laid.

Paying doesn't put you in the superior, dominant position. It makes you the supplicator and her the prize.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it the complete opposite way. If you are paying for everything, you are debasing yourself in hopes of getting in the woman's good books. A confident, attractive man doesn't need to simp to get laid.

Paying doesn't put you in the superior, dominant position. It makes you the supplicator and her the prize.
totally agree, were not chasing chastity anymore. These women are out 3 times a week

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
It's a flawed idea, since when do women make the plans? I'm sorry but this isn't the 1950s anymore, women are allowed to work and earn as much if not more than men.

Do you still ask her fathers permission to take her out as well?

Are you still trading 24 Pigs and an apple to have her hand in marriage?

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a flawed idea, since when do women make the plans? I'm sorry but this isn't the 1950s anymore, women are allowed to work and earn as much if not more than men.

Do you still ask her fathers permission to take her out as well?

Are you still trading 24 Pigs and an apple to have her hand in marriage?
That is just gaslighting and a misrepresentation of my position.

It is shocking how many here can't comprehend masculine leadership, accountability, and responsibility. They are like little boys that want no responsibility,...still get the fun,...think they are "owed" something, and want someone else to pay their way through life.

But if it were the 1950's western society would be solid healthy and functional rather then destroying itself via the after effects of the Sexual Revolution of the 1960's that came a decade after that.

Last edited:

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score

It is shocking how many here can't comprehend masculine leadership, accountability, and responsibility. They are like little boys that want no responsibility,...still get the fun,...think they are "owed" something, and want someone else to pay their way through life.

But if it were the 1950's western society would be solid healthy and functional rather then destroying itself via the after effects of the Sexual Revolution of the 1960's that came a decade after that.
I wouldn't be complaining if this were the 1950s, most of us would be happily married now. My main problem is why are men like us still made to pay for dates when women these days do not cook,clean or even wear dresses?

The amount of heavy lifting men have to do in dating is way too high, look i get it that we are supposed to lead but is it too much to ask for women to put in some effort?

Most of us would have zero problems paying for dates, if women still acted feminine like 1950s women did.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score

You said it yourself "if it were" . If it were the 1950's and sexual revolution had not taken place and women didnt charge men with false accusations and metoo movement didnt take place and women didnt loot men for free dinners etc etc....then yes no issues with taking women on expensive dinners on the first date. But now that everything thats mentioned above already happened so women are seeing the consequences. No free dinners for them.

Chivalry is dead because women killed it

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We don't live in that world anymore , most women will have their own jobs , their own money , their own careers

I never said she should pay i said we split it , if i feel like treating her then fine that's my decision

What im not doing is abiding by some stupid archaic tradition that went out of style 20 years ago

Save the dominance for sexuality it serves absolutely no purpose t in modern society to try and financially dominate a woman unless of course you are rich and money is no object

KirthWGersen

Don Juan
Reaction score

This is just hilarious now. It is first time I've heard a man use the term "gaslighting" to mean "stop pointing out the flaws in my

This is just hilarious now. It is the first time I've heard a man use the term "gaslighting" to mean "stop pointing out the flaws in my logic". I mean it is common among women, when facts contradict their feelings, but it appears it is spreading.

Explain to me how paying for someone you are sexually interested in, in the hopes of getting in their knickers, is "masculine leadership, accountability, and responsibility".

The Sexual Revolution has been a wonderful thing for masculine men who know how to lead and are accountable and responsible. There has never been a better time to be alive. Instead of having to play silly games, pretend, lie and pay to enjoy the company of women, we can simply interact with them on our terms and enjoy an abundance of great sex and wonderful relationships.

If it doesn't feel that way to you, you may find greater rewards from changing your approach than dreaming of lost world that never existed and, even if it had, is never coming back.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Explain to me how paying for someone you are sexually interested in, in the hopes of getting in their knickers, is "masculine leadership, accountability, and responsibility"
Amazing how this place has been overrun by the Black Pill "Women are the enemy -- but I still want to bang'em" mentality.

Also amazing how feminism has twisted men's thinking that paying for the date is somehow wrong. Men now actually believe the "men & women are equal" therefore women should pay for half the date. That is what feminism preached from the getgo, but now the men have bought into it.

Also amazing how feminism has twisted men into believing that the guy paying for the date is just "paying for sex". Now the Blue Pill conditioned men actually believe it,...and some of the really stupid ones are actually doing it for that reason. Somehow they think the only reason a guy pays for a date is to get laid and has no comprehension of Male Leadership. If he can't or won't pay for the stupid hamburger on a simple date how the h*ll is he going to support a family and a household? Ah! Wait! That's right! He doesn't. He wants a new mommy. He wants a Sugar Mommy to pay his way and tell him what to do,...he'll just stay home and change the diaper of another man's kid that she already had.

By your terminology I suspect you are in the UK or Aussie. Well both are so screwed up right now with Feminism and "Wokeness" I'm really not sure your society will survive another generation. You've got a lot worse things to worry about than if you need to pay for your date's hamburger. We are headed the same way but not quite as far along.