Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you know who this is???

WHOYODADDY0069

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up guys....
Got a problem here.
I'm currently dating 5 girls, 3 who I date on and off, and 2 new girls I just met and been talking to.
The problem that I have is that when they call they have a habit of saying "Hi, its me, do you know who it is?" At first, if I don't recognize the voice right away, I'm like "yaaa" and then I'm like what's up? I try to get them to start talking so I can figure out which one of the girls i'm talking to. Sometimes this works.
Caller ID doesn't always display the person calling so that don't help.
So my question is, have anyone been through this before, I'm sure many of you have, but I need to know how to get out of this situation if you don't know who it is from the get go. I don't want one of the girls to call and she be like "Do you know who this is?" and I'd be like yaa its Jen. And she be like "WHO???"
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

simplyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hi, its me, do you know who it is?"
"Of course I know, it is you, Peter, but I would like to enjoy my free time now. Call me tomorrow at the office."

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao, can't do anything about it except what you have been doing, or just bluntly say "Why don't you clue me in" :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Man this chick called me and she was like "Hey! do you know who this is?" and i thought it was my cousin so im talking to her like its my cousin.

I cant tell girls voices apart unless i like the chick.

WHOYODADDY0069

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, am I glad i'm not the only one experiencing this crap. I could see if your only dating two girls and you can tell the voice apart, but when your dating more than one, shyt they all sound the same at first.
I do like the the response regarding "why don't you fill me in"
its better than saying ya its Lisa and turning out to be the wrong girl.
I'm beginning to think this is a line that girls would use just to test you to see if you talk to more than one girl.
You guys got any ****y/funny responses I can say when they say this?

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: Do you know who this is?
Me: Who?
Her: Guess.
Me Don't call me playing games. Either you tell me or I hang up!

Why are you trying to figure out what to say, this is your life! If you don't want women playing games on the phone, make them stop.

One mistaKE I made yesterday was blurting out a name:

Her: Hi.
Me (I never do this but I thought I knew the voice): Hey Carrie.
Her: No, it's Amy, who's Carrie?
Me: Oh. She's just a friend of mine.

Anything else is none of her business, unless we are getting serious with each other.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't "hi, know who this is?" one of those tests or traps they use to guage your IL (paying attention) in them, or to see how you handle yourself when confronted by something unexpected--kind of to see how gracefully you handle yourself in social situations when something awkward happens. They don't know they're testing you, it's instinct, I think...

Of course we candance our way out of it by playing along and maybe figuring it out, or we really goof it up and guess the wrong name.

I think, though, you can throw it right back at them and score a win. I usually give off the impression I'm annoyed and I will NOT even get into that game. The very first thing I say after hearing "hi, know who this is?" (or just "hi" pause-pause-pause-pause) is "I'm sorry, but it's common courtesy to identify yourself to the other person in a phone conversation." I do this in a neutral, business-like tone of voice. After they ID themselves I'll warm up. If I get challenged on it, I just stick to the "it's common courtesy to...how hard can it be? It's simply introducing yourself--stuff that every 6 year old is taught to do when picking up the phone--right up there with saying 'hello'."

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: Do you know who this is?

You: No. Should I?

It's that simple. You could say it to be C&F, pretend you're half sleep or something.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoyoudaddy: Let the magical formula known as C/F save you in these situations.

Example:

HB: "Hi, do you know who this is?

You: "Of course I don't, you know I'm seeing 4 other girls other than you, how do you expect me to keep track of them all??"

She'll probably laugh and chat a bit about how "she can't believe you just said that." That small talk time will give you just enough time to de-code her voice and then you can be slick and call her by her name when you get a chance to talk again.

PIMP

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a sister? (use her name) Someday, if it becomes serious, you can introduce them.

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hello, man i haven't been on this site for ages!

Erm i say wrong names all the time. This is no big deal, just joke with her going through a whole list of names. She will probably think you're joking

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: you know who this is
you: Pamela Anderson?
Her: no
You: Claudia Shiffer?
etc..

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, here's a simple solution that I've discussed before on this board.

If caller ID is failing you on occassion (anonymous or blocked callers), you need to order "caller intercept" from your local phone company. I ordered it to stop telemarketers. Basically, if an anonymous number tries to ring you, the phone company "intercepts" the call and forces the caller to state their name and business onto a recording. You then get a special ring, they play the message from the caller, and you get to choose whether or not to accept the call. It's so ingenious, I don't know how I ever lived without it. Now ALL callers are identified before I ever have to speak with them. Problem solved.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing: Before I had caller ID, I used to answer the phone with "WHO IS THIS!?!?" No "hello" or anything, just "WHO IS THIS!?" in my most authoritative and irritated voice. This usually shocks people into compliance and they will immediately state their name when they realize you're not f*cking around.

Reaction score
1. it's a ho test, to see how many you got on the side
2. I tell them "I don't play kiddy games and to call me back when they grow the f*uck up...click"

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Do you know who this is?"

"Gee, not really I get so many women calling"

Who really cares. If she thinks she has competition that is a good thing.

HotDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting subject. Why in the HeII do woman do this??? A couple weeks ago this woman who I want to bang called me and something told me to act like I didn't know who she was when she called. Then she gave me the old do you know who this is? She finally told me. Then I see her friend who was there when she called me and she is like I can't beileve you didn't know who she was since you are so into her. Then just the other day her friend was talking about her with me and she says yeah remeber when she called you and you acted stupid like you didn't know who she was... So WTF do woman do this for??????????

FancyPants

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody Have anything else to add? I had this Happen too many times.

balengar

Don Juan
Reaction score
why not say.....

her: hi
you: hi
her: you know who this is (right)?
you: (****y voice like you know who it is for sure) well......... i dont know.... since it is saturday (whatever day it is), it could be any 1 of the 12 (some number) of chicks that call me on saturdays.

maybe this will work/maybe not