Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you Kiss on the first Date?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
So I have been watching some Alpha Male Strategies videos and he says not to kiss girls on first dates because it vaildates them.

Other "dating coachs" suggest doing lots of kino amd to always go for the "kiss close"

I'm now unsure of what would work best, before i would always go for the kiss close.

What do you guys usually do?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have been watching some Alpha Male Strategies videos and he says not to kiss girls on first dates because it vaildates them.

Other "dating coachs" suggest doing lots of kino amd to always go for the "kiss close"

I'm now unsure of what would work best, before i would always go for the kiss close.

I've always kiss closed or even better mid date kissed.

It's another way to tell where you stand with the girl. If I get an enthusiastic kiss, I'm going to try and make out and get in the car and keep escalating. If I get the cheek, I'm probably not going to continue to pursue.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its one of my benchmarkw to establish if the date is worth further investment or not.

I try to do it even mid date at the first round of drinks and if it doesnt work I cut the spending and the time invested, the interested ones playing games get it and adjust while the uninterested ones show themselves.

According to how she reacts to being very close, I decided if I can go with the kino then after kino I go for the kiss.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to read the signals but my goal is always to get a kiss, and always escalate to sex, even on the first date. Some girls deliberately hold back even if their interest level is sky-high just because they don't want to come off as too easy. That's ok - part of societal norms. Try to kiss during the date, not at the very end.

As to not kissing because you are validating her, I don't agree with that. You are validating her just by being out on a date with her. Obviously she knows you are interested enough to go on a date. Do you really think holding back is going make her want you more? There is something to be said for not being overly eager but you express that through non-neediness, not lack of escalation. That's the key right there. If you don't escalate things, she will think you don't like her and may reject you out of insecurity to preserve her pride. When you escalate, no matter whether it's touch, kiss, or an invitation back to your place, she can always say no, or soon, or whatever. How to not be needy could take pages to explain but the general idea is you don't ask her out more than once per week, you don't text her constantly, and if she pulls back you pull back harder.

Some girls only want a one night stand. Don't deny them of that. Many other girls are tired of simps and are looking for that guy who "just feels different." You do that by escalating and showing them you are a man and not afraid to express your sexuality.... you don't need an obvious invitation from her for kissing or sex. They hate guys who wait for the glaring green light. Even if she turns down your escalation, that is MUCH better than waiting for the obvious green light. The only exception is if there is obviously no sexual tension between the two of you and you have gone for some touching that was rejected and then you try to kiss her. That's just uncalibrated.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

Kissing should be a minimum qualifier for a 2nd date offer. It is better to get the 1st date bang. That should be the objective of the first date, but some kissing on the lips can suffice to at least demonstrate enough interest to keep it going.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should never attempt to kiss a girl for validation (for lack of a better term). In other words if you are getting a great vibe from her then go in for a kiss. I also agree that a mid date kiss can really be a great ice breaker and escalator but you've got to be a good kisser and its got to be at the right moment. No "Hail Mary" kisses, if you know what I mean.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I've always kiss closed or even better mid date kissed.

It's another way to tell where you stand with the girl. If I get an enthusiastic kiss, I'm going to try and make out and get in the car and keep escalating. If I get the cheek, I'm probably not going to continue to pursue.
Thats the thing i have always been doing, emding a date with a kiss, most of what alpha male strategies says is legit but this is the one thing i didnt 100% agree with

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is terrible advice. Nice guy bullsh1t. She’s going to think you are beta/friendzone material. Always be escalating and establish your frame at the beginning of the relationship. And no blue pill romantic kiss. Make out session minimum.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I like alpha male strategies. But I don’t agree on this. I definitely kiss on the first date and not at the end but somewhere in the middle. If I get a negative response in the middle I will look for an open door to cut the date off early. If I get a positive response then I will hold hands for the rest of the date and then do the kiss close of course. I don’t expect sex till date number three but kiss on date number one is a must for me.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I like alpha male strategies. But I don’t agree on this. I definitely kiss on the first date and not at the end but somewhere in the middle. If I get a negative response in the middle I will look for an open door to cut the date off early. If I get a positive response then I will hold hands for the rest of the date and then do the kiss close of course. I don’t expect sex till date number three but kiss on date number one is a must for me.

I do the same, I set an alarm for 20 minutes after the date started so i can use it as an excuse and pretend I had an urgent call and need to go. If the date goes well i just ignore it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like alpha male strategies. But I don’t agree on this. I definitely kiss on the first date and not at the end but somewhere in the middle. If I get a negative response in the middle I will look for an open door to cut the date off early. If I get a positive response then I will hold hands for the rest of the date and then do the kiss close of course.
I like the idea of getting a kiss done somewhere in the middle. It's a real tough situation if you're nearing the natural end of a date, and the first date lay doesn't seem probable, and there's been no kiss. There's a lot of pressure on that final moment. A kiss somewhere in the middle of the date averts that.

I don’t expect sex till date number three but kiss on date number one is a must for me.
As a late 30s guy who has been in the dating environment for ~20 years, I'm sensing this has changed over time. In the first half of the 2000s, it seemed like moving at a slower speed was more acceptable than today. I think a lot of that had to do with fewer participants in online dating then. When online dating websites got big, women could see their demand. Their inboxes were flooded on OkCupid, POF, Match, etc. Then, Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge came about a few years after the smartphone launched, and it put the website era on steroids. Female app queues got bigger than the message inbox flooding that occurred in the website era. Women's inboxes were also flooded on apps too. Also, more women have been app users than there were website users circa 2010. Due to more options, we as men became more replaceable to women, so the pressure to get the bang on the first date. Female expectations for the first date went sky high. If a woman doesn't feel all the rainbows and butterflies in the world on the first date, she ghosts. A first date that would have been considered a good first date with a kissing in 2005 and get a second date probably would result in a ghosting in the late 2010s/2020. This also impacts the environment for people that meet outside of technologically assisted means.

I think the way in which the date was sourced can affect the speed of movement. App sourced dates should be a bang on first date. In theory, women should treat men that have the guts to cold approach them in person better than swipe monkeys, but they only marginally do so. The idea behind cold approach is to get the in-person experience right away and streamline operations, reducing flaky behavior. Doesn't always work out that way. I've never had a viable social circle for getting dates. Only a few dates in my lifetime have been sourced from social circle, and they were weak social circle connections. I could see not pushing for sex as hard on a social circle sourced date because there might be blowback from the social circle.

The removal from friends/acquaintances from the dating process has encouraged worse behavior from both sexes. If a woman ghosts a guy after an app sourced first date in which she received free drinks, her social circle is not informed of this behavior. She faces no social consequences for her bad behavior. A similar thing happens with cold approaching too. The fewer pre-existing outside world connections exist, the more it incentives there are for each sex to exhibit their basest behavior and extract value faster. For men, we must extract sex faster. For women, they must get more external validation and freebies from dating faster.

First date kissing has been essential for at least 2 decades, but I wonder if the environment is making first date sex a necessity now, sort of to encourage women to invest in the interaction.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiss yes. Kino no. I always go for a kiss. It makes her evaluate her feelings. She even thinks about this after the date, whether she rejects your kiss or not.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ That's novel. I can never go for a kiss without strong kino escalation first.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I think it's caring way too much about the girl too soon. You hardly know her yet you are willing to resist doing something that should naturally happen on a date.

If I want a kiss I'll just go for a kiss.

Not going for a kiss can also backfire on you. Shelle think you're not attracted to her or confident enough, and ghost you when you try to plan another date.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that works for you.

I engage and based upon their response I escalate or continue to engage unless I get the cold shoulder. Reciprocal kino from her I engage further.

Every time I've not engaged at all the date was a dud.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that works for you.

I engage and based upon their response I escalate or continue to engage unless I get the cold shoulder. Reciprocal kino from her I engage further.

Every time I've not engaged at all the date was a dud.
Food for thought: it’s a paradox.

The date was a dud because she had low interest level in you. Women that like you make dates effortless. They talk too much. They act nervous. They find every excuse to touch you. Take a step back and observe. They come to you if you let them.

Keep your paws to yourself gents.