Do you hear of stories of teenagers that didn't "hit it off" then, but ended up doing so after many years?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I must say that I am hearing this more & more often (or folks that didn't hit it off in their 20s, but did in their 40s, etc.).
Vaughn met his wife, Mary Susan, in high school, but they didn’t connect romantically until their 15-year reunion. They hit it off and were married six weeks later.
my opinion: The teenage iteration of the gal was gunning for a higher status male, while the later one was hitting / has hit The Wall. :rolleyes: He had been put into a parking orbit back then, and he was still stuck there after all those years. :mad:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every woman I've ever been with has come back at some point to varying degrees, some to express anger or frustration, others to express something else but I do think it's very common and I don't think there's a single vector you could chart this on, could be FOMO, social circle, resources, who knows

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not often, but it happens.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I must say that I am hearing this more & more often (or folks that didn't hit it off in their 20s, but did in their 40s, etc.).

my opinion: The teenage iteration of the gal was gunning for a higher status male, while the later one was hitting / has hit The Wall. :rolleyes: He had been put into a parking orbit back then, and he was still stuck there after all those years. :mad:
They couldn't get anyone else to fall for them, so the orbiter stepped right up.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah my aunt did that. She reconnected on Facebook with whom we found out was a dying man and he left her something I would imagine. He never had any interest in meeting any of our family and we see why.

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This just make me imagine some old friends of you that you met at school at 15, that enter a relationship with someone, this guy die, and then this women doesn't have any other social knowledge or skill, then she would contact or met "old friends".