Do you have a healthy social life?

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm posting this to just get an idea how socially savvy most of you guys are. As I've mentioned in a few other posts, I used to be very anti-social and I'm trying to put together a healthy social life and develop a more socialable personality.

So, how active is your social life?

How often do you guys go out? With friends? How about clubbing?

Weekends? Weekdays? Everyday? How many days a week?

AND... what do you guys do at your outings? Go to bars? Clubbing? Movies? Poker?

You get the idea.

I'd just like to get a solid idea of what is considered a "healthy" social life, and to see how much of a commitment I have to make.

I'll go first. I go out atleast twice a week, usually on weekends. Since I'm not old enough to go clubbing yet, I either go street sarging at night time, or I go to the malls to sarge with my lair. I also play Soccer on Sundays, and usually end up hanging out with my cousins. My job isn't a very social job, either, but I plan on going to start college soon.

Thanks in advance.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything Else...

Usual Friday/Saturday night:

Go to Hooters with friends. Mess around with our server (who usually has a 2nd job working for us @ A&F). Pay the (deeply discounted) bill, then go either pre-drink somewhere or head directly out to a club. If no club is on the agenda, it might be head to a nearby strip club that 2 of my friends g/f's work at (as shot girls). If that doesn't sound appealing, it could be as simple as going to someone's apartment and playing drinking games. Or there could be a house party at another friend's place he rents out.

When there's a break between semesters, it's normal to go out on weeknights. Even though schools still in session, a good number of my friends go out throughout the week anyway - I can't, but that's because I know I won't make it to class the next day.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being at uni I go out a lot and meet lots of people, but unfortunately my social life has overtaken too much of my life in general and my studies and hobbies have suffered. Even when i'm at home, I have people calling me or have emails or texts to reply to and feel like I have no peace sometimes.

Sure, it's great to have friends and acquaintances and to go out, but be sure to keep a balance.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could be a lot more social than I am. I haven't really been out meeting girls on a regular basis so my game has been suffering, it's been more of a casual meeting if anything. I practice with my band two nights a week, Fridays and Saturdays I'll either be out with some friends or at a party, playing with my band, or lots of times just chilling at home. Thursdays I go to a Christian meeting thing where there's tons of young people so that's definitely been cool for meeting girls(they're mostly psycho religious *****es tho).

I don't really go partying or clubbing much. Just not my thing

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am uttterly bereft of a social life.

Its true.

sob sob

I suck.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last semester I was a social slut deluxe. I was going out 4-5 times a week, would drink everyday, never went to classes or was hangover/drunk whenever I went. Needless to say, my studies suffered big time and I ended up flunking 3/5 subjects I was doing.

This semester I've tried to straighten out my act. I *might* go out once a week, whenever I dont go out I usually just hang out with some mates or with this girl I've been seeing for the last month.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i couldnt go out on a sat night i wouldnt be able to cope!

have been doing that for nearly 3 years now non stop.

I also like going out fri nights to pub/club.

This and working out are what keep me going! :)

I also might go for a walk or two during the evening with one of my many mates! lol.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to get out as much as possible. When I get my way, I am never home before 7. On the weekends I try to go out every night.

This is assuming my parents let me.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Last semester I was a social slut deluxe. I was going out 4-5 times a week, would drink everyday, never went to classes or was hangover/drunk whenever I went. Needless to say, my studies suffered big time and I ended up flunking 3/5 subjects I was doing.

This semester I've tried to straighten out my act. I *might* go out once a week, whenever I dont go out I usually just hang out with some mates or with this girl I've been seeing for the last month.
I have friends who say they do that and say they get decent grades. Sounds like bs to me, when i used to do that stuff i didnt do too well.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually get together and play music with some friends once a week or so. After work on fridays I usually go out, but I tend to hang out with kids that don't go out to bars or clubs. Come to think of it I never go clubbing.

When we do go to bars its usually to see a band. I'm in college, so during the school week I go out for a drink or two every once in awhile with this girl that's been hounding me. Not much else during the week.

When school's not in session I usually travel a lot (I have free flights through my job at the airport). See friends in towns I used to live in, or towns where friends have moved.

Aside from that I just end up running into kids and hanging out with them. I don't really plan out my social life. It just kind of happens since I know enough people for it to just kind of happen.

I'm not a social monster, but I have enough friends as to where I'm seldom without ANYTHING to do.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion

You just have to learn how to manage your time. I go out to bars on Tuesdays and Thursdays and usually drink on Wednesdays (in addition to Fri. and Sat. of course) and I have over a 3.0 at a top-15 ranked school. Just try not to skip too many classes, keep up with the reading, and study with smart people the night before exams.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go out more wed/thurs nowadays. Too many nutters floating about fri/sat night.

It's more relaxing and I find it's easier to catch girlz off guard and less competition.

Better just have a few friends round or go for a meal at the weekend.

Other nights I'm training or just chilling, working on the car, reapairing the house or (shock) yesterday I did some gardening.

josekortez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive around all day for my job, so I meet a lot of strangers daily. However, most of the women I encounter aren't attractive enough for me to go see them in those oddball places I frequent if I'm not being paid to go there.

As far as fun, I go out on Saturday night, get drunk and try to miss oncoming traffic on the way home.

It's a weekly ritual...

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
You just have to learn how to manage your time. I go out to bars on Tuesdays and Thursdays and usually drink on Wednesdays (in addition to Fri. and Sat. of course) and I have over a 3.0 at a top-15 ranked school. Just try not to skip too many classes, keep up with the reading, and study with smart people the night before exams.
What are you studying if I might ask?

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
I have friends who say they do that and say they get decent grades. Sounds like bs to me, when i used to do that stuff i didnt do too well.
I can imagine it being tough while attending school full-time. My brother used to go out clubbing everynight and he'd drive his car to work at like 4am and sleep in his car, in the parking lot. Then he'd work, repeat.

I plan on living a similar lifestyle. I don't drink much, though. Especially when picking up girls. Meeting girls is strategy... it's like chess! (as Mystery says).

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
friday/saturday nights i normally drink at local clubs until i can't stand anymore.. sometimes i'll go to a club on a monday/wednesday or thursday night but i'll drive, otherwise i know i won't make it to uni..

when theres a break from uni, i'd say i always go out friday and saturday, and definently one of monday/wednesday/thursday, sometimes more then just the one.