Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you guys feel too old to change your life path?

Reaction score
I feel like as we get older we settle for things in life. We settle for the job we dont enjoy doing. We settle for the woman in our life. We settle not going for a dream of ours. I feel like time is accelerating at a very fast pace and it it almost seems useless to try and create tons of wealth or some big plan of ours when we are getting closer to the grave. In the end no matter what we do it doesnt really matter cause we all end up dead anyways. Also who whats the point of gaining great wealth at such a late age when you wont be young enough or have a young body to enjoy it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like as we get older we settle for things in life. We settle for the job we dont enjoy doing. We settle for the woman in our life. We settle not going for a dream of ours. I feel like time is accelerating at a very fast pace and it it almost seems useless to try and create tons of wealth or some big plan of ours when we are getting closer to the grave. In the end no matter what we do it doesnt really matter cause we all end up dead anyways. Also who whats the point of gaining great wealth at such a late age when you wont be young enough or have a young body to enjoy it.
You would have yonge women bodies though and I am good with that.

TheProspect

Reaction score
In the end no matter what we do it doesnt really matter cause we all end up dead anyways.
You're 40 years old. Everything you've done or haven't done in the last 40 years has mattered up to this point. If and when you turn 80, what you do or don't do over the next 40 years will matter up to that point too.

You have two options:

1) Continue on with your current nihilistic mindset and be in the same position & mindset when you're 80,
or
2) Develop a purpose and/or a set of goals that gives meaning to your life today and work towards it.

You're right, it probably "doesn't matter in the end" when you're dead. When it does matter, however, is right now. It matters while you are alive.

Don't worry about things mattering in the end. Worry about things mattering today. Act as if tomorrow will come, because for the past 40 years of your life, it has for you.

You're rationalizing that being dead negates doing anything or makes it futile. It may be rational, but it prevents you from living each day with quality...

The real futile thing is spending your time alive in this nihilistic mindset. It literally serves you no purpose other than to cause inaction and decrease the quality of your life while you dwell on these thoughts.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
every age has a feel to it. it's one of those things you only know when it's not helpful any longer.

try this:
when you retire for the day actively try to clear your mind and forget all of the past pain and then also try to forget all the hopes and things that you wish you had or are waiting for. then just look at something in your room and think about how cool it is, even just a blanket or pillow. how much that pillow makes things better and how you enjoy it. focus on only the moment your in as you prepare for sleep. If your mind goes back to wishes and problems and old revenge then politely to yourself force drop those and focus again on only now and the things you see, the simple ones and how those are wonderful.

As you do this over and over and can hold onto it longer and until sleeping, a small light will start to brighten in your mind as more and more of your world starts to look and feel great. you can do the same in the morning before starting the day.

sounds corny, try it.

Reactions: RBK

KirthWGersen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my fifth decade and have realised that I have met all my goals in life:

- Developing a philosophy and approach to life that fulfils me.
- Finding a way to make ends meet and meet the needs of those who depend on me.
- Forming good, lasting relationships with men and women (many of these stretch back decades; others are very new)
- Having children (they are now of an age that if I disappeared from the face of the earth, they would have a good foundation to develop their lives).

Everything good thing that happens in my life is now a bonus. Which means I have the freedom to choose to change any aspect of my life or keep the things I value. It doesn't mean I have no motivation to improve; quite the opposite. It means I have the freedom and desire to continue to grow, improve, and wring every last drop out of life till the day I die.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 40 years old. Everything you've done or haven't done in the last 40 years has mattered up to this point. If and when you turn 80, what you do or don't do over the next 40 years will matter up to that point too.

You have two options:

1) Continue on with your current nihilistic mindset and be in the same position & mindset when you're 80,
or
2) Develop a purpose and/or a set of goals that gives meaning to your life today and work towards it.

You're right, it probably "doesn't matter in the end" when you're dead. When it does matter, however, is right now. It matters while you are alive.

Don't worry about things mattering in the end. Worry about things mattering today. Act as if tomorrow will come, because for the past 40 years of your life, it has for you.

You're rationalizing that being dead negates doing anything or makes it futile. It may be rational, but it prevents you from living each day with quality...

The real futile thing is spending your time alive in this nihilistic mindset. It literally serves you no purpose other than to cause inaction and decrease the quality of your life while you dwell on these thoughts.
Really good post.

I think we all have this thought when we are getting into our late 30s and 40s.

Find something you really like to do with your time. Women aren't it. Time is a fleeting resource.