Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you ever ask for a date before a #?

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are the pros/cons of doing so?

I randomly ran into a cute girl in the hall just now and asked her to have coffee with me on Tuesday. (actually I gave her the option of Tuesday or Thursday, and she said the sooner the better)

I didn't ask for her phone number.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummm...how are you going to contact her to let her know where to meet you?

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
She works in an office nearby. I'll drop by on Tuesday.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would go for the 'asking for a date', if she is interested/wants to spend time, she will agree and give you the # bcos its implied that you have to call her to set it up.

If she says no to the date, then even if you had the # she would still reject you, so asking 4 the date first kinda kills 2 birds with 1 stone :D

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I asked

I'd like to get to know you better

Which she proceeded to say

I'm seeing somebody

If she had been available I would of course asked for the number after that

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already have the date. It was kind of random so I didn't think about asking for the number.

I don't think I made a mistake, but we'll see how this goes.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is just fine to ask for a date before the #.

You can ask on a date and get the # then, or get the number on the date or not at all.

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
We'll see how the date goes. If things go well, then I'll ask for the # before we leave.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good question. I think most guys on here go for the number first to test IL before asking for the date.

Asking for the phone number first already implies that you want to date the woman. Also, getting the number first allows you and her to both check schedules before committing to a date.

If you ask, "Hey lets go out this Saturday night" and she commits because her IL is high, but, has to cancel last second because she wasn't sure of her schedule, then, this might put a sour taste in your mouth.

Number first..date second..sex third..

Well...not in that particular order if YOU'RE GOOD!

hahaha

-HQ

Last edited:

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
ask for the date

I'm inclined to agree with HPNOTIQ. It is a good question.

It all depends on the situation. Asking for the number to test IL is one thing if you want lots of numbers which may or may not equal choices. It was going to start out by saying that asking for the number first works well in a club, but you know what? It doesn't matter. Ask for the date.

If you're getting up the nerve to ask for something, ask for the date. I think some women see asking for the number as AFC behaviour as well. I've seen enough posts here where guys are trying to get up the nerve to call the chick, wondering what to say, when to say it, whateva - all in trying to set up a date. Ask for the date. At least get rid of the implicity that asking for a number conveys. Be direct in asking for the date. TELL her you want to take her out for coffee, movie, jello wrestling. Then tell her you need her number.

Chicks phone numbers are not business cards. You definitely can judge how worthwhile an event was, by how many business cards you come away with (it's called 'networking'!), and not by how many of yours you gave away. But "last night I had my game on and came home with 7,432 numbers" is nonsense in my book. After a few beers, how the F are you going to remember all the chicks anyway? Come on! I KNOW this has happened - who will own up to reaching in their jeans the next morning or days later, pulling out the number (ahh ... the prize!) of a chick you met the night before, and wonder wtf she looked like or even said?!!

Back to situational differences....if you still think #first, it is still cool to get the date first if she is just around the corner, down the hall or wherever. You did good, coin.

Ask for the date. If the IL is there, the number will follow.

MrMetropolis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, just ask for her address. LoL... screw calling her. Your busy right?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking for the date is good.

Yeah. Especially if you're not as good on the phone as you are in person. Good idea, if the opportunity is there.

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This might seem a bit dumb.. what what do you use a number for???

To get in contact with etc..

If you work nearby and can ask her out anytime, maybe you don't need her number, unless you wanna "talk" after hours.

The only reason you grab a number when u first meet someone is to tee up the next appointment.. that;s why giving the number is such a big deal.. they have to work out "do i wanna have a next time with this person??"

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not concerned... only curious as to why the # is so necessary before the date.

Obviously the answer is that the # is necessary if you don't see the woman on a regular basis. If you do, or have some other means of reaching her, it isn't really necessary.