Do you continue after she tells you she has a bf?

DongWong

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to the grocery today, saw this hb8, approached and made small talk then went straight to telling her she looks cute and she tells me "you're not bad looking yourself." Then I asked her if she wanted to get together sometime and told her "I think you're interesting, we should get together sometime", then she says "it depends on the context, because I have a boyfriend." Then I was immediately put off and told her "that's cool, it was nice meeting you." I thought to myself "damn, what a waste." And moments later I was thinking of saying "well I like your vibe and if things don't work out between you and your boyfriend then I'd like to see whatsup." I'm 9/10 sure I could have pulled her number, but was immediately put off right away when she said she had a boyfriend. I'm thinking "great, another decent girl who has a bf, no decent single girls left." I did have a history where a couple girls who cheated on their bf for me, but idk if I want to get into that mess again. What do you guys think?

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there, chick eventually bailed. I think after a while you can tell the differenve between "I have a boyfriend" (not interested, creep) and "I have a boyfriend" (how interested are you?).
If they have been flirting with me then I assume option 2 and treat it as a **** test. If I had to approach them and I get it straight away then I assume option 1

If I think she is genuine then I thank her for her honesty and politely withdraw and game someone else. Just cause I can make someone cheat doesnt mean I should..

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to know how to read body language and pick up on the clues she is giving you. @daddymonsterpoodle is correct, it all depends on context.

If her mouth is saying she has a boyfriend, but her body is telling you something else, then follow the principle NEVER pat attention to what a women is saying only what she is doing.

HOWEVER, if her mouth is saying she has a BF and her body is telling you she is taken, walk the fvck away. Don't be an @ss, tell her he's a lucky guy be a gentleman and polite, you never know, you may run into her again and her situation would be completely different.

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
then went straight to telling her she looks cute
Guys should learn not to tell girls they are pretty, cute, beautiful, etc. Guys should keep that fact within themselves. You know she is pretty, cute, beautiful and she knows she is pretty, cute, beautiful, but why complement them so and boost their already inflated egos?

then she says "it depends on the context, because I have a boyfriend."
Well, you should have continued a bit with her. Maybe say, "Ok, what does he do?" Then if she goes on and talks about her boyfriend, then you should be able to determine by her body language if she really has a boyfriend or if it is a sh!t test. If she appears to really have a boyfriend, then end the conversation by saying "he sounds like a great guy, you have a good day." In this case, from her words "it depends on the context," I think she is committed with and into her boyfriend. I think you would be wasting your time with this particular girl.

Then I was immediately put off and told her "that's cool, it was nice meeting you." I thought to myself "damn, what a waste." And moments later I was thinking of saying "well I like your vibe and if things don't work out between you and your boyfriend then I'd like to see whatsup." I'm 9/10 sure I could have pulled her number, but was immediately put off right away when she said she had a boyfriend. I'm thinking "great, another decent girl who has a bf, no decent single girls left."
Oneitis, at first sight? You have a weak heart. Learn to be a man, learn to care less, and learn not to develop quick emotional attachment. There are many beautiful people out there; I am pretty sure you will find another girl equally pretty or prettier than this oneitis in a short period of time, if you look and make an effort. Develop the abundance mentality.

Are you going to wait for this girl to break up with her boyfriend? For how long? Will you be single at the time she breaks up? You have a very very weak personality. Be a man and go out and find another girl equally as good or better. Being a man you create your own new opportunities and you do not wait for some girl to break up.

I did have a history where a couple girls who cheated on their bf for me, but idk if I want to get into that mess again. What do you guys think?
I myself have been looking for a quality single girl only. Nowadays, almost every girl that hits 21 and 22 has a boyfriend. Are they all going to marry their boyfriends? At that age, do they have the maturity to decide who is good and who is right for them? I think, you should gauge the interest of girls that have boyfriends. If she is willing to dump her boyfriend for you, then I think you should pursue. However, she should come out of that relationship totally before you sleep with her. Morals.

Last edited:

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe if she is willing to dump her boyfriend for you then you shouldn't pursue...doesn't bode well for future commitments.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
again...
"I didnt ask you if you had a boyfriend, I am asking you out for drinks/date"

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If she was really interested, she wouldn't bring up a boyfriend. When a woman says this, you typically failed at being better than the guy she's with.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not always true...sometimes it is used as a test to see how interested you are..

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not always true...it is a **** test sometimes to see how committed you are to the chase. Women sometimes really like it when you don't give a f--k about other guys. It shows confidence.

Judge her by how she is acting. Although I have encountered this generally, I don't want anything serious with a woman who would cheat, if anything at all.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"That doesn't surprise me. I hope he treats you well."

If she starts complaining about him being controlling or distant or selfish, then continue the seduction.

If she says he is the greatest guy in the world and she is going to have babies with him, then
"Congratulations on finding your soulmate, you are a fortunate woman."
and bid her good day.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I once went after this married chick and when she agreed to come to my place i was like F that. Dont want that drama plus this hoe was out at the bar drinking LOL. poor guy. Saw her there with hubby the next week. tsk tsk.

Anyway heres a quick little entertaining test you can play....

When your out at the bar club lounge and you meet a girl and she says she has a boyfriend, ask her "what does your boyfriend think of you being out"??...the msot common answer.."HE DOESNT KNOW IM OUT LOLZ". Wowwwwww... "HE THINKS IM AT WORK LOLZ" Wowwww...

Man these hoes