Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you believe there is life after death?

SummerNight

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think?

I think it depends on how do you define "life". I believe that after death you are part of everything (as you were before) but just a different combination (your atoms etc). What interests me is that would you be conscious to "know" about yourself or anything at all..

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe after we die our conciousness becomes part of a collective conciousness. Then, if/when we are reincarnated a different recombination of our conciousness is born (separated from the collective to be born in a physical form) and we become an entirely different person, or a different variation of our current self.

I believe this explains why some people are "good" or "bad"....maybe some components of their conciousness are defective or incompatible and that's why they misbehave, and "good" peoples' conciousness have components that function properly in sync so they are able to live healthy "normal" lives...

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
What interests me is that would you be conscious to "know" about yourself or anything at all.
If the concept of humans having a soul that transcends the physical after death is true, then yes you will continue in another form of consciousness.
If that’s not true, then you’re just gone and the only way you still exist is in your survivors, friends, and loved ones memories…
Unfortunately there’s no firsthand testimony on this subject, so is it worth worrying about…
It’s only a guessing game unless any faith you have leads you to believe otherwise.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a Christian, and eternal life is a major tenet of Christianity (there is the Resurrection and all). But I honestly don't spend much time thinking about the next life, I focus more on the now. I don't believe anyone can say exactly what the next life would look like. I don't think many Christians would argue that their sinfulness and selfishness survives. Perhaps only that part of you that is the divine breath that was breathed into you to give you life returns to God, and that is what eternal life is. No one can really say.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I focus more on the now. I don't believe anyone can say exactly what the next life would look like.
Exactly right, if a man can make the world a better place through his actions while he’s here, he can die happy and content that he did his best…

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think?

I think it depends on how do you define "life". I believe that after death you are part of everything (as you were before) but just a different combination (your atoms etc). What interests me is that would you be conscious to "know" about yourself or anything at all..
You're talking about the 1st law of thermodynamics, transference of energy in an open system if my memory serves me right into a close system.

If so then yes, ur energy when you die never "died" it merely transforms into something else within the universe.

This is old news, thanks to Einstein.

But we can't measure consciousness yet.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faith leads me to believe...We were created to live forever. However...Adam fukked up big time, and got us cursed to sin and to live on in eternal damnation. God, incarnated as Jesus Christ, fixed the problem by sacrificing himself (death, followed by resurrection) to save his children. His children will go on to life in eternal paradise. Those not his children, will go on as vessels of wrath, to suffer his eternal wrath. All glory be to God.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't worry much about the afterlife. But I do like to think that those loved ones who have crossed over are looking after me. Whether that's true or not, it helps a man psychologically and spiritually, in my opinion. But otherwise we don't know, and the closest we've come is testimony from people who've had near death experiences.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
You're talking about the 1st law of thermodynamics, transference of energy in an open system if my memory serves me right into a close system.

If so then yes, ur energy when you die never "died" it merely transforms into something else within the universe.

This is old news, thanks to Einstein.

But we can't measure consciousness yet.
LOL love it. Correct in it's application. Theory of The Conservation of Energy. Energy never "disappears" it gets converted to one form or another.

We are immortal. I fail to see how that transfers into christian/Judaeo or Muslim dogma, they are all three closely related if you know history. But it's fine by me what others believe. Personal beliefs are sacred and I generally leave the subject alone.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Close your eyes. Calm your mind. Relinquish the ego and surrender all thoughts of money, power, and women for a moment.

Bring your mind to complete silence. Now witness yourself free of corporeal needs and look within toward your will to give. Herein is your eternal consciousness.