Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do you believe in astrology, horoscopes and that sort of thing?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
Just for the hell of it, I got a reading from the site Wyldfire recommended. I'm going to pick it apart using my AFC days vs DJ days. I won't post the whole thing since I doubt anyone would care.

You like to read books and to write letters and to talk -- constantly.
Not accurate at all.

Because of the high nervous tension that you always seem to have, athletic activity would be a good way for you to burn off energy.
In my AFC days, yes. In my DJ days, no.

Extremely sensitive and emotional, you absorb the emotions of others (whether positive or negative) like a sponge. Emotionally vulnerable, you are easily upset and tend to cry readily
LMFAO!!! That was me as an AFC. Doesn't apply now.

You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people.

That's me now. As an AFC, I tended to drown in my emotions with people who were just as depressed as I.

Indeed, at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help.
No longer true. I'm always watching out for myself now.

You always want to be proud of yourself and will never do anything that will make yourself look bad. You need the respect and admiration of others and enjoy attracting attention to yourself
No longer true. I do what I want, not caring what others think.

You love games and sports
Completely false. I'm too technical

You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them.
I am now. I couldn't do this in my AFC days.

you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.
Doesn't this contradict how emotional I am?

You tend to be unselfish and giving in relationships and are extremely sensitive of the needs of others.
No longer true.

You're extremely loyal and defensive of your family, neighborhood, community and culture.
Never has been true.

It is important that you had a strong father figure or role model early in life to mold your life course and direction.
Ha! The day I consider my father to be a good role model is the day I kill myself.
ok lets get something straight....youre still the same person, you just changed a couple of your beliefs and therefore your reality. Astrology descriptions of your personality are not so fixed in which you can change for the better. Actually, it helps you change for the better by reading about your weaknesses and changing them. And of course, there are many many external factors that come into account of how you are.

So is astrology, the ultimate description of yourself? of course not, otherwise there would just be about 12 different personalities for 6 billion people, and nobody would be unique. it does tell you a great deal about you on a basic level while at the same time at a very profound level as well, and your surroundings, personal beliefs, things that were passed on from your parents have to be taken into account.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For your own good...you need to forgive those that have hurt you. You don't have to tell them you forgive them...but you need to do it at least in your heart and mind.
I'll tell you something... I've worked on trying to settle my issues with them. All they try to do is erase my memories by denying such things happened, therefore driving my respect for them down further.

Forgiving them while they continue to deny the wrong they've done isn't going to accomplish anything. I'd just be excusing them for their actions. One book that I've read entitled "Toxic Parents" was extremely helpful in helping me deal with the past. Even the writer of this book (who is a therapist) stated that quietly forgiving them doesn't help the victim.

You can choose to feel like a victim forever and continue to victimize yourself or you can let it go, move on with life and be a survivor.
I'm already a survivor. I don't dwell on what happened to me, but the damage will always be there. I've come to accept it, and I've been able to deal with it.

Some of the issues go beyond what happened in my childhood, and they continue to exist to this day. It's pretty hard to make it go away. I've just accepted that my parents are naturally a55holes, and it's part of their personalities.

Now, back on topic...

Astrology descriptions of your personality are not so fixed in which you can change for the better. Actually, it helps you change for the better by reading about your weaknesses and changing them.
In other words, some of the descriptions are going to be bull5hit. And Astrology doesn't help people change, people can only change if they're willing to put the work into it. If Astrology tells people how to act, the person will never have a mind of their own and will forever follow the Astrology gods.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By far, the oldest of the claptrap philosophies of mankind is astrology [...] But there is probably no other major delusion that is more easily examined and shown to be without any logical basis. Thus, its hold on the public is all the more remarkable.
— James Randi
undesputable:
Electromagnetism, gravity and the other 2 forces have to be combined first, which is what string physists are trying to do right now. I think its unfair to debunk something, by concepts that we dont even truly understand yet when combined together.
It’s unfair to your brain to pull nonsense from your behind.

ad hoc hypothesis. “An ad hoc hypothesis is one created to explain away facts that seem to refute one’s theory. Ad hoc hypotheses are common in paranormal research and in the work of pseudoscientists.”

“Astrologers are often fond of using statistical data and analysis to impress us with the scientific nature of astrology. Of course, a scientific analysis of the statistical data does not always pan out for the astrologer. In those cases, the astrologer can make the data fit the astrological paradigm by the ad hoc hypothesis that those who do not fit the mold have other, unknown influences that counteract the influence of the dominant planets.”

The Skeptic’s Dictionary
ok lets get something straight....youre still the same person, you just changed a couple of your beliefs and therefore your reality. Astrology descriptions of your personality are not so fixed in which you can change for the better. Actually, it helps you change for the better by reading about your weaknesses and changing them. And of course, there are many many external factors that come into account of how you are.
“One claim may be that those born under the sign of Aquarius are loving and kind, but when we come across a cruel Aquarian, the astrologer will not accept this as a falsifying instance; rather he or she will try to direct attention to another part of the person’s “chart.”

Not only is one’s personality determined by the sun sign, but also by the moon sign, ascendant, and numerous “houses” and planets. This gives the astrologer many chances to point out why the person does not fit under the already vague descriptions of “kind,” or “stubborn.” With numerous aspects of the chart, and only 12 possibilities for each aspect, the chances that every sign (or at least 92%) is found in the chart are very high. Thus the astrologer can easily find one of the various signs that more easily fit that description, and say something like “Yes, you’re cruel because you have Capricorn in your Mars....”

Lawrence Jerome summed up this silliness best when he wrote:

When the entire chart is constructed and interpreted, the astrologer has no less than nineteen or twenty separate horoscope elements [...] A complete, “well-aspected” chart may provide the studious astrologer with as many as fifty to a hundred separate horoscope elements from which to choose and juggle in matching his interpretation to the client at hand.

In short, the claims made by astrologers are more based on faith and emotion than anything rational. Like a hybrid of theologian and magician, the well-trained astrologer can pull an ad-hoc hypothesis out of his proverbial hat at any moment, and perform a hermeneutic miracle almost on command.”

“Astrology” by Ibn Copernici ar-Rumi

So, if a horoscope is correct, astrology “wins”. If a horoscope is wrong, astrology “wins”. Now if only you could do that with the lottery...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Clearly no one should live their lives according to astrology. I don't think anyone here is saying that. My point is that I spent 5 years or so studying astrological compatibility between people and I've done tons of relationship charts of people that I personally know. Those charts have always been extremely accurate in describing how two people relate to each other. It's a pretty fascinating subject to research.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Astrology is for those who either

a) have too much time on their hands

b) don't have enough self-esteem and need validation from an outside source

From dictionary.com

as·trol·o·gy Audio pronunciation of "astrology" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-strl-j)
n.

1. The study of the positions and aspects of celestial bodies in the belief that they have an influence on the course of natural earthly occurrences and human affairs.
2. Obsolete. Astronomy.

The dictionary says it's obsolete. Who would have thunk it.

Researchers prove Astrology is complete rubbish, piss off Astrologers world-wide
http://stupidevilbastard.com/index/...complete_rubbish_piss_off_astrologers_world_/

thecraftylefty

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
I am an avid practitioner of Asstrology, (the study of the different shapes, sizes and colors of asses that influence my daily life.) Today I saw a nice set of Gemini buns, which means that I will most likely struggle with a difficult decision...do I grab the left cheek or the right cheek first? In my moment of internal debate I will empower myself with cosmic love and knowledge and will firmly grab both buttocks with both hands and even if I get slapped in the face, well that's just the universe's way of maintaining the Sacred Balance. I am one with everything, and nothing!

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People still believe in astrology? Do they believe that the world is flat also?

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Gates...........

Hey,

I can't believe that people follow this sh1t.....

Food for thought here:

Do you folks realize how many people are in jail or on welfare who were born on the same day, month and year as Bill Gates.

Explain that one.

cave dweller

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My reading from the page Wyldfire posted could give someone a general idea of who I am. Wyldfire´s reading could absolutely NOT describe me.

I believe in what Einstein said about god.

One question for Miss. Wyldfire:

If you arent goiing to live by astrology, what is the use of it?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im just amazed at how agressive to other peoples opinons or interests you all are.

I most deffintly dont live my life by the horoscope, or even believe in horoscopes....however when somone comes along and reads his/her horoscope everyday, im not going to be like oh thats bull**** and i got proof....i think these kinda of things is what you make of them. And no i dont dont have a lot of time in my hands, I wish i did, but i still find time to reflect and wonder and question things during the day, i enjoy doing it. I dont spend 30 mins a day learning about astrology, or go and read all about a specific sign after i meet a girl.... I usually am just curious to know after a while of getting along when the girl's birthday is and then i go home and read about her sign....most of the time its accurate and most of the time shes also one of the signs that are supposedbly compatible with mine. I can see a pattern, my eyes and my mind are wide open, and just because science or the dictionary says its obsolete and a complete pile of ****, its not going to make me change my mind. science has been as ambigious in my opinion debunking astrology and the unknown as some of you think astrology is.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Look into "cold reading" and you will learn exactly how all this stuff works. There's nothing spiritual or paranormal in it at all; it's more of a linguistic art. The idea is to use generic phrases that apply to as wide an audience as possible.

There was a thread on cold reading in this forum not so long ago. The same stuff is applied to seances, tarot reading, fortune tellers and alike too.

Personal readings are much more accurate since the reader can assume a lot of things about your appearance, age, behaviour etc, which can be used to form a good description of your character, past and future.

Just a follow up and a chance to ressurrect this old thread...

Derren Brown recently exposed the art of cold reading in his series Trick of the Mind (ep1 series 3 for those who want to check it out) and de-mystifies the myths of astrology, palm reading etc.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have given a test group birth charts specifically designed for their birth date and asked to score it out of 5 for accuracy. The subjects rated it, on average, 4 out of 5. Then they were told they all got the same chart, for a date other then their actual birthday.

It 'works' because it uses vague generalizations and asks its proponents to fill in the blanks. If everyone born at the same time in the same place had identifiable characteristics, it would be very easy to prove and societies all over the world would reflect this information.

It's a parlour trick for gullible females. It's only use is that if you explain this to the silly rabbits in a suitably patronising yet sexy way (use the exact preceding sentence) they will want to put their hands down your pants.

Reaction score
Astrology is bull****. It comes from the ages when people believed in the crystal ball and dragons and magic.... etc.

If you believe in astrology, do you also believe in elves? And dragons? And flying moneys? And.... you get the idea.

Its not real.

Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Clearly no one should live their lives according to astrology. I don't think anyone here is saying that. My point is that I spent 5 years or so studying astrological compatibility between people and I've done tons of relationship charts of people that I personally know. Those charts have always been extremely accurate in describing how two people relate to each other. It's a pretty fascinating subject to research.
Lots of things make sense if you believe enough in them. Ever been to a mental hospital? It's full of people who absolutely KNOW FOR SURE that they are the only ones that are right.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This shyt is SO STUPID.

Back in my AFC days I used to believe in these things... I hate my past self.

Reaction score
cave dweller said:
Hey,

I can't believe that people follow this sh1t.....

Food for thought here:

Do you folks realize how many people are in jail or on welfare who were born on the same day, month and year as Bill Gates.

Explain that one.

cave dweller
Do you know how many people are dead who were born on the same day as that bum I see by the GO station every day?

LOTS.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Astrology is true...to a degree. If the earth alters orbit, it's going to have a hell lot of effect on our lives. People in Greenland don't get as much sunlight as people in Texas due to the way the Earth is aligned with the sun (leading to vitamin deficiency, which alters behaviour).

However...how does your birth date have any effect? Planetary or gravitational issues affect EVERYONE living in particular regions, regardless of their date of birth.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this astrology stuff was for women?

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it must have some truth, because I can always tell Virgos by their whiny undertone, even the first time we meet. Virgos. Blech.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is a bit of truth in it but i would not bet my life on it. I am a gemini and it says that i am most compatible with aries and sagitarus and i would believe that. :)