Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you ask for email or phone?

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be a discrepancy about whether you should ask for the email address or phone number. According to David Deangelo's experience, he has had twice as many women respond to his email than the phone. David recommends asking for her email address, and then while she's writing, say "Why don't you write down your home phone number while you are at it."
However, Doc Love seems to prefer the phone.
I don't go macking very often, so i don't know what to ask for, but i'm thinking i will ask for email from now on.

I brought this up when i was talking to a few chicks, and they said:

"I never thought of that! If he emails you, then you can check to see if he has good grammar and spelling!"

I agree. I think bad grammar and bad spelling is a turnoff. If a chick wrote me this, it would severely turn me off:

"hey u wats up havn't heard from u in awhile talk 2 u later debby"

So guys, if you are going to email her, PUHLEEZE use good grammar and run spell check.

Mizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I have never asked for an email, I thought of an email as a plan B after
all failed attempts to get the phone number.
I guess I have not been persistent enough because I usually won't go after the email after I have exhausted ways to get the phone number and still don't get it.
I will try it soon as a plan B and see how it works out.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stormwriter
David recommends asking for her email address, and then while she's writing, say "Why don't you write down your home phone number while you are at it."
I have used this tactic before, and it works like a charm. I never do e-mail her, however. I go straight for the phone call. It's simply a way to get her to write the # down, I would personally suggest against e-mail.

-- Zero-

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man email drives me crazy..

first of all with email there is too much beating around the bush..i.e. having to send back and forth 5-6 emails..just to get to know someone a bit better..

and women always seem like their emails are short..and never reciprocate questions ( Ihate when they just answer my questions and dont reeciprocate! ) when they do that I just delete their email address.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends

Some guys are much better communicators when they write. Through e-mail, a guy can take his time composing something more polished and suave. There's no uncomfortable silences, tripping of the tongue or foot-in-mouth disease. The '10 minutes and get off' rule doesn't apply either. Just make it short and sweet.

Of course, you're taking the chance that she'll actually check her e-mail often. I know a few girls who only check theirs once every couple of days.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, sure anyone can be suave taking time to write in email..but the real deal is working on your poise, interpersonal relations, speech patterns, body language etc etc

Email..just allows you to sit there in your over sized laz-e-boy, munching on cheetos..and trying to work on chicks without saying one word.

How is that going to hone your conversation skills?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ask for what you damn well feel like asking her for. That's IT.

Although, typically going for the e-mail seems kind of passive. If the girl is a no-nonsense, hands-on, always busy and active/social person, chances are that she'll rely on face-to-face interaciton and phonecalls, rather than e-mai or any other on-line method of interaction. Types like that might find the e-mail part weak, or weird. I say that your game is better if you go for the phone number. Exceptiions can be made though. Don't make the e-mail the rule, just the exception.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've seen, phone is the way to go.

I mean, how can you drop a ****y + funny line over e-mail and not have it misinterpreted. I am generally a smartass, and I don't know how many times over IM or something I have said has been misinterpreted... and that's with people I know and have known for years. Good friends think I'm giving them a hard time. That kind of stuff really only works well in person. Sure you can throw in a :) or something via e-mail, but to me, it's pointless.

Besides... I enjoy an actual conversation... in person. That's just me, though.

-- Zero-

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phone first

But if a gal lives with others (parents, shared house, etc.), I like to get both, especially if she has a land line (as opposed to a cell phone).

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: Depends

Originally posted by Ol'BlueEyes

Of course, you're taking the chance that she'll actually check her e-mail often. I know a few girls who only check theirs once every couple of days.
OR if she doesn't want to talk to you, she can BS like she never got your e-mail.

From what I've seen, you can tell VERY little about what a girl/woman is thinking from words on a computer screen. You could say something, she may sit there for a minute and think, "That's totally pathetic, but how can I respond to him to make it sound like I'm interested" and then you get a "LOL" or something back and you interpret it as a positive sign.

A LOT harder to do that in person, or even over the phone, cuz you're live. If you want to know about someone, you need to talk to them LIVE, in REAL TIME. I know I can come off suave over AIM or E-mail because I have time to compose what I'm going to say, run it back in my head, and make it sound all good.

Put me face-to-face, or even on the phone, with a girl and my insecurities become glaringly obvious.

If you want to have someone to talk to, E-mail is fine. But intimacy and sex are an in-person thing, so she has to like the you she sees in-person.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask for her phone # if she doesn't like you she won't give it to you or will give you the # of a pizza joint or some sh!t in which case you order a pizza and save yourself the bother of chasing a chick who isn't into you.

If you establish rapport well enough you could ask for her address written on her white cotton thong in magic marker and she'll give it to you (well ,you get the idea) if you don't get the rapport right it doesn't matter wether you get her beeper her phone number her aol code or wether she has f***ing carrier pigeon lofts in her appartment cos she won't f***ing answer it.