"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Do women reject guys whom they perceive to be "overqualified?"

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
Also, could think that you only want them for sex.

A few weeks ago on the John Walsh show there was a women who had been obese. She lost the weight via liposuction. Now, guys talk to her, but she's in denial about it- she doesn't really believe they would want her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Obviously a low self-esteem issue!
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
This is well known by psychologist. Dr. Maxwell Maltz, a plastic surgeon, studied this thoroughly since the 60's. His book Psycho-Cybernetics noted how some people who had changed their looks for what seemed the better, did not change their perception of themselves.

In a nutshell, you personal self talk speaks volumes over the physical image. Many people have programmed themselves to believe less of them self. When they come across someone who they feel is in another league, one which they can not contend, will usually move along and settle for someone who doesn't invoke the insecurities that they have of them self.
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
When they come across someone who they feel is in another league, one which they can not contend, will usually move along and settle for someone who doesn't invoke the insecurities that they have of them self.
Yep

Plus if you do actually get in a relationship with one of these girls they always feel somehow your better than them and they can get a bit insecure, not like asking where you are everynight but you know the deal.
 

Amog

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
42
If you are overqualified, she will wonder "why does he want me when he can totaly have someone way better?"
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
Amog, that works with alot of HB's that have major self esteem issues. Especially the types who are very good looking and need constant praise and attention.

Once they are interested in you, and you begin to like them, they begin losing interest asking "If this guy is so great, why does he like me? Obviously he isnt as great as I thought"
 

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
353
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn
Originally posted by ManOMan
Once they are interested in you, and you begin to like them, they begin losing interest asking "If this guy is so great, why does he like me? Obviously he isnt as great as I thought" [/B]
Been there with my last LTR. Biach did a total 180 the instant I let my facade down.
Of course, this attitude does nothing to the exaggerated sense of entitlement.
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Yes, they do. It has happened to me before and I didn't realize it until later. (It
is easy at that point to think there's something inadequate about yourself!) It
could be low self-esteem on her part,
but it may also be a realistic assessment
of hers. She knows you are dazzled by her beauty but she realizes that your alot 'smarter' or something than her and that eventually she couldn't measure up.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
this is where the "getting the girl flowers" part comes in.. I'm not advocating you to go out and BUY affection for her. but you have to show her that you're thinking of her and you like her on a bonding level. When a girl feels that you love her - she feels secure and will anticipate being in your presence.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
this is where the "getting the girl flowers" part comes in.. I'm not advocating you to go out and BUY affection for her. but you have to show her that you're thinking of her and you like her on a bonding level. When a girl feels that you love her - she feels secure and will anticipate being in your presence.
Call me a lazy SOB, but rather than going through all of that I'd just date a woman that has her act together. After thinking about it, I would be more receptive of doing that if she did have her act together. I would definitely appreciate her more if she could hold her own.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

captn caveman

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Location
Finland
They do...

And instead of going to bed with you, and getting sent home in the morning,

The can easily choose a guy who will not have the guts or will to send her away...

It is natural, people don't want to be used..

And if she thinks you are overqualified, it is of high probability that she will feel used, or even worse, heart broken...

Because unlike many think, it is not easy for a girl to eject when she feels something, especially after having sex with you..

She will feel a lot, as you are overqualified, something she thinks she cannot get.

Cannot get = attraction.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by static
Also, could think that you only want them for sex.

A few weeks ago on the John Walsh show there was a women who had been obese. She lost the weight via liposuction. Now, guys talk to her, but she's in denial about it- she doesn't really believe they would want her.
This is kind of interesting because I can totally relate to this woman. I know I'm not a chick but I experienced something similar. WhenI was young (up until I was about 13 or 14) I was overweight and apparently really ugly as a result. Girls did not like me at all and made it clear. When I got to high school I had grown out of my "babt fat" and lost the extra weight I had gained from eating too much. Girls started paying attention to me and would ask my friends to help them hook up with me. I never could really accept that they would be interested in me. Still to this day I have problems accepting it.
 
Top