Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do women really care if the guy looks young for his age?

DastardlyDan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do girls care much when the guy looks young for his age? I look 4 or 5 years younger than I really am, so a lot of times people think I'm in high school. Is that a big issue with women? I've dated younger and older women, so it isn't crippling my dating.

In my experience, the older women seem a lot cooler and usually don't comment, but the younger who feel an urge to chat me up sometimes seem a little intimidated when they realise I'm sometimes 4 or 5 years older than them.

How big an issue is looking young, and what clothes n stuff would be good for making me look older? I'm comfortable and have decent looks, so this isn't really a concern, but more a curiosity that may end up helping me out.

letsfixthis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I also look about 4 years younger than I should but most girls have told me it's a good thing. I haven't had many problems getting dates either, though sometimes I do wish I had a more "mature" look so I could be "handsome" instead of "cute". Not a huge problem though. Look at it this way - when we are in our 30's and 40's, most guys will probably wish they looked as young as we will look :D

dontmindme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If a girl likes the sexy, facial hair type, then obviously she won't be as attracted to the young-ish looking guy. If cute and fresh-faced is what floats her boat, then she'll be attracted.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by letsfixthis
Yeah, I also look about 4 years younger than I should but most girls have told me it's a good thing. I haven't had many problems getting dates either, though sometimes I do wish I had a more "mature" look so I could be "handsome" instead of "cute". Not a huge problem though. Look at it this way - when we are in our 30's and 40's, most guys will probably wish they looked as young as we will look :D

I'm the same way!

jd782

Don Juan
Reaction score
I look young for my age. I'm 28. People still think I'm in high school. Or just graduated. But I'd rather have it this way, then be like some of these guys who are 18, but look 40. Time will be very cruel to them as they get older.

Reaction score
I think it generally is a big issue with a lot of women, though they'll deny it until the day they die.

There was a hot waitress at this restuarant I went to with some older friends. One of my friends pipes up, and says, It's his (pointing to me) 16th birthday. Do we get any deals? (I'm 23.)

But again, it may depend partly on age. I mean, if a woman is 40 and feeling old, she may be happier if you're a 30 year old who looks 21.

Then again, who knows what women want?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jd782 is right.

Be glad you look young for your age. Time will vindicate you.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

I was having dinner with my business partner, the girl I'm seeing, and her friend the other night. My partner just turned 33, I am 31.

The waitress started asking him what his major is. He was dumbfounded. He told her he was 33....she didn't belive it.

So I asked her to guess my age. She guessed that we were both about 22 or 23. Damn, I usually get 25....I guess I'm aging gracefully!

It also makes a difference the company you keep. I would bet that us being with a 19 and 21 yr. old had an effect on the waitresses perception of our age.

Anyways, I don't know what age you are so it's hard to comment on your situation, but when you get in your 30's you REALLY appreciate people thinking you are in your early 20's.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Trickster_guy_2001
There was a hot waitress at this restuarant I went to with some older friends. One of my friends pipes up, and says, It's his (pointing to me) 16th birthday. Do we get any deals? (I'm 23.)

When I was still semi AFC three friends and I went to a pizza restaurant and brought 3 beers for just two of us (me included). This is because the others are too weak/feminine to enjoy beer.

So then the hot waitress brings over three glasses, but both the the non-drinkers wanted few sips after all. (I just know they wanted to look cool)

So then, pointing to me, he says to the waitress, "Excuse me, can we have another glass please, my sixteen year old friend wants a taste of my beer."

If only I was a DJ then I could have put him back in his place...