Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do women in Australia just want a white guy?

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Australia. Here, it seems that every quality girl, regardless of her ethnic heritage, is chasing white guys.
I'm born and bred in Australia, but am from an Indian background. Naturally, I would prefer to mingle with girls who I can relate to so my preference is for girls who grew up in Australia. I'm in my early 30s now, still single. I've spent time on working on my self - personality wise, extracurricular hobbies, fit body, travel etc. I am educated, have a good job, investments etc (However, I don't reveal any of my accomplishments to women).
Here's my problem:
- Approaching women in real life: the moment girls see men of Indian appearance, it seems like they shut you down with their invisible wall. They don't give off inviting signals, nor do they appear welcoming when you say hi or give a genuine complement. I don't use any shady pick up lines.
- Online: I pretty much get left swiped by all and sundry, except for those who are fat, older by a few years, have kids, do drugs, unemployed etc. I even allowed my white friends to take pics of me and use them to create an account (Tinder, Bumble, POF etc.) and allowed them to come up with their own description and interact with women as they please. Just about every one of them shut me down - it was very common to hear the "sorry, you're a nice guy, and you're good looking, but you're not my type".

I feel like I'm stuck.
If I do go on a "date", usually it's because the woman was getting bored of being alone and single, and might end in a root, but nothing more. The moment a white guy comes along, regardless of whether he does drugs or been out of prison or what not, the girls will drop you like a rock for him. As for the white guys who have their head screwed on the right way (like my friends), good on them - they pretty much get the highest quality girls with minimal effort. If they play rugby or went to a private school, we're talking model territory.

Might be worth adding:
When I traveled to Europe, I found women to be far more open minded and actually showed a fair bit of interest in me. When I went to USA, it was no different to Australia. Asia - their women are nice, but very shy! Again, they showed more interest than in Australia.
This leads me to believe that I'm fkd in Australia.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  • Haven't been to Australia.
  • Can't say anything without seeing at least your face and knowing your height, preferably mannerisms as well but that's harder online.
  • Don't focus on your phenotype. We all live with the card we were dealt. You could've been born a short and/or ugly white guy too.
  • Online dating is made for women and the 5-10% or so most attractive men (with correspondingly good pictures) and you will just lower your self-esteem if you base it on OLD. You can use OLD, but don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Australia. Here, it seems that every quality girl, regardless of her ethnic heritage, is chasing white guys.
I'm born and bred in Australia, but am from an Indian background. Naturally, I would prefer to mingle with girls who I can relate to so my preference is for girls who grew up in Australia. I'm in my early 30s now, still single. I've spent time on working on my self - personality wise, extracurricular hobbies, fit body, travel etc. I am educated, have a good job, investments etc (However, I don't reveal any of my accomplishments to women).
Here's my problem:
- Approaching women in real life: the moment girls see men of Indian appearance, it seems like they shut you down with their invisible wall. They don't give off inviting signals, nor do they appear welcoming when you say hi or give a genuine complement. I don't use any shady pick up lines.
- Online: I pretty much get left swiped by all and sundry, except for those who are fat, older by a few years, have kids, do drugs, unemployed etc. I even allowed my white friends to take pics of me and use them to create an account (Tinder, Bumble, POF etc.) and allowed them to come up with their own description and interact with women as they please. Just about every one of them shut me down - it was very common to hear the "sorry, you're a nice guy, and you're good looking, but you're not my type".

I feel like I'm stuck.
If I do go on a "date", usually it's because the woman was getting bored of being alone and single, and might end in a root, but nothing more. The moment a white guy comes along, regardless of whether he does drugs or been out of prison or what not, the girls will drop you like a rock for him. As for the white guys who have their head screwed on the right way (like my friends), good on them - they pretty much get the highest quality girls with minimal effort. If they play rugby or went to a private school, we're talking model territory.

Might be worth adding:
When I traveled to Europe, I found women to be far more open minded and actually showed a fair bit of interest in me. When I went to USA, it was no different to Australia. Asia - their women are nice, but very shy! Again, they showed more interest than in Australia.
This leads me to believe that I'm fkd in Australia.
Yeah, I guess you are in trouble in that department. Don't know how people on here can even counter your post because the online dating part sounds like a rock solid argument. There was another poster on here, Bigdave17 who also had the same problem.
I would like to identify with you, but I'm also sort of not in the accomplished category, but then again, if losers who are white easily get even ethnic girls or sub-model white girls then you can't help but feel at a disadvantage or ethnicel. I would only imagine the situation here in Toronto, Canada is just bad as well if not worst.

Your friends took their same online profile and put your Indian ethnic picture on it and failed on it and said "you are good looking but not my type, etc..". There is no defense for something like that. With so much ethnic/whites combinations, I think there will be allot more people in the world thinking like you in generations forward in white countries. How would they find mates?

Guess it sucks, eh? What do you do to cope with that? Do you eat Vegemite sandwiches?

You know I made a thread about girls rejecting me in the gym and people on here were saying I was making a creepy approach by going next to her. Maybe it was because I was not white. The approach wasn't wrong. Just like what you are doing isn't wrong either.

Last edited:

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know I made a thread about girls rejecting me in the gym and people on here were saying I was making a creepy approach by going next to her. Maybe it was because I was not white. The approach wasn't wrong. Just like what you are doing isn't wrong either.
When a non-white guy approaches, it's considered creepy. Women start complaining about why normal men never approach them..referring to the top 10% of white guys.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a non-white guy approaches, it's considered creepy. Women start complaining about why normal men never approach them..referring to the top 10% of white guys.
Well if you are making it about race then you can't really refer to the top 10% of white guys (i.e. Chads and Chadlights), because what about the other 90%? Are your friends in Australia all the top 10% of white guys? That would dramatically change the narrative if they were. The JBW would mean even an UGLY white guy has an advantage over you on the dating market...not the top 10% otherwise the argument falls apart. Would you say that is the case? I would think JBW arguments apply mainly to poor SEA countries or people from there and other ethnics.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  • Haven't been to Australia.
  • Can't say anything without seeing at least your face and knowing your height, preferably mannerisms as well but that's harder online.
  • Don't focus on your phenotype. We all live with the card we were dealt. You could've been born a short and/or ugly white guy too.
  • Online dating is made for women and the 5-10% or so most attractive men (with correspondingly good pictures) and you will just lower your self-esteem if you base it on OLD. You can use OLD, but don't take it too seriously.
believe me, being an ugly white guy is better than being a non white guy. i see ugly white guys dating hot asian girls all the time.

Australia is one of the worst places for non white guys. He's better off in a place that is not dominated by white people, especially those who have nice accents.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
believe me, being an ugly white guy is better than being a non white guy. i see ugly white guys dating hot asian girls all the time.

Australia is one of the worst places for non white guys. He's better off in a place that is not dominated by white people, especially those who have nice accents.
It's like that in America, it's like Asian women find the ugliest, goofy looking white guy to date. It never fails

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you are making it about race then you can't really refer to the top 10% of white guys (i.e. Chads and Chadlights), because what about the other 90%? Are your friends in Australia all the top 10% of white guys? That would dramatically change the narrative if they were. The JBW would mean even an UGLY white guy has an advantage over you on the dating market...not the top 10% otherwise the argument falls apart. Would you say that is the case? I would think JBW arguments apply mainly to poor SEA countries or people from there and other ethnics.
I'm saying that women dream of the top 10% of white guys approaching them. As for the rest.. it can be "creepy" but they want him to at least be white. If he's not white, it's definitely "creepy" in a woman's eyes.

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score

The white Australia policy rules the dating scene here

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like that in America, it's like Asian women find the ugliest, goofy looking white guy to date. It never fails
I guess it's English speaking countries. Non-white women are bigger white supremacists than white women and men. SMH
In my experience, the only non-white women who come back are those who got rejected even by the lowest of white men and can feel their biological clock ticking and their parents out pressure on them to get married and have kids. Or the gold diggers.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Indian here.

Indians are at the lowest in the SMV. The more you come to terms with it, the less stressful it will be. I would recommend just focusing on self improving your life and doing what you love in life. Women aren't worth it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Indian here.

Indians are at the lowest in the SMV. The more you come to terms with it, the less stressful it will be. I would recommend just focusing on self improving your life and doing what you love in life. Women aren't worth it.
One must wonder how those women the world over keeps falling for those Nigerian conmen and then it gets from worse to worst, 1st they offer him love and then send over thousands if not millions over to him when they have not even met him yet.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
One must wonder how those women the world over keeps falling for those Nigerian conmen and then it gets from worse to worst, 1st they offer him love and then send over thousands if not millions over to him when they have not even met him yet.
I think they use catfish images. I have seen a video based on that years ago.

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's because they target women who are considered undesirable and who dont want to be alone for the rest of their lives.

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Indian here.

Yeh dude, Ive done that. Guess we have to either wait our turn till our late 30s, or just move overseas to where we're appreciated. Or bring someone over from abroad.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's because they target women who are considered undesirable and who dont want to be alone for the rest of their lives.
Good answer.

It's safe to say that beautiful women target men who are desirable but not in the same vein as we men do.

What do you think is desirable in a man?

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not from Australia or have spent time down under. So it would be difficult for me to offer a suggestion about how to generate interest from these chicks. What I do know is that there are some universal, unwritten "guidelines" when approaching women (or really anybody):

1.) Are you genuinely smiling when you approach them?
2.) Are you coming in indirectly and is it a "comfortable" distance?
From the side or diagonally? Typically when you approach any strangers head on, that indistinctly brings on a confrontational response from the other party. But when you give them an escape route, they're going to be more at ease.
That also means you want to keep your distance as well. Rule of thumb is more distance equals more comfort. Then when you develop more rapport and easier vibes, you can edge closer into their circle.
3.) What about addressing the reactionary questions? "What do you want, and how long is this going to take?"
4.) Can you prove that you have social proof? Even if it is the people you just talked to before approaching the set you want to pick up?

These are the normal steps to start a conversation at a high success rate. If you're not hooking and you're crashing and burning on every approach it's either you need to work on how you present yourself (hygiene, well fitting clothes, demeanor, etc...) or are you following the steps to successful approaches.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If memory serves me right, back in 2009 it seems like everyone is beating up Indians in Australia.

Natives, Whites, Asians, Mid Eastern etc were all in on it vs Indians.

There was a large community of Indian students/immigrants back then, rumored to be several hundred thousand strong and they didn't fit in well.

Perhaps somehow this has shaped perception of girls growing up in that era and the general distaste for Indians has yet to fully dissipate.