do things that seem romantic hurt a DJ's game ?

insomniac9

Don Juan
Reaction score
allow me to elaborate on the title/question

a lot of interesting people are multi-faceted individuals with an assortment of different interests, talents, abilities, taste in music etc. sometimes the interests of one individual may seem like an unusual combination. for example, someone who's into heavy metal isn't usually expected to also like classical music, but it happens. a martial artist isn't usually expected to have an interest in poetry & literature, but it happens.. you get the gist of it.

my question is: does it hurt a DJ's girl-getting game at any point or situation if he does or has an interest in things that a girl might perceive as "romantic" ?

let me be even more specific, i'm talking about myself mainly but if someone has their own experience that's cool too. people usually have some preconceived notions when they see how i look built & tough/strong, with the ****y-funny alpha male attitude. what they don't expect is that i'm pretty intellectual with a good scientific background & have quite a bit of interest in poetry, literature, many different languages & kinds of music, etc.

now these are all things that i genuinely find interesting & enjoyable, not a bunch of stuff to throw around in an attempt to impress anyone. in fact, i don't usually show these things early on, & it's usually a pleasant surprise when they hear me singing or reading or listening to something "soft", but then again i don't know what the real effect of this is on my game.

any thoughts ? please discuss

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel the more weapons the better. Just use at the right times and don't over do it. Don't send her flowers every Tuesday and don't sing her a song every night before going to bed haha. Show them a side of what you can do then let them earn it.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. If it's part of your personality then you can let people know about it. I usually stop and think... is this something out of a movie or is this really me and am I not trying too hard. It's a lot easier when you have multiple girls to think about too. You actually do not care if you lose one.

When it comes to something about me, I don't brag.

For example, I help out with a local animal shelter. I don't advertise it, but I do mention it when it comes up. One woman was all over me after I said that because she had 5 cats (red flag). I never called her for a second date because she seemed weird.

Like "plate's empty" says, just don't overdo it.

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having layers I think is the best place for a man, and a person in general to be. You just have to lead with the "best" and most attractive stuff first. For example this weekend I met this teacher and was ragging on her. Then I realized that the town she was born in actually played a big part in history. If she was as nerdy as I was, she'd know it so I used it as a chance to qualify her. She nailed it and we ended up having a fun conversation about that. But I lead with the more attractive stuff first and was already kinoing her before I entered that next phase. I think she was pleasantly surprised that there was more to me.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It's great to have those interests. Like the others said, reveal those interests slowly.

I don't open with "Hey I do ballroom dance."

But when it feels right or seems to fit the conversation, I certainly mention it.

But to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with having such interests.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the others said...

Just use at the right times and don't over do it.
just don't overdo it.
Having layers I think is the best place for a man

Its always a balance. You never want to fully give your heart(love) to a woman, but at the same time she does need love(attention) or else she will feel rejected. For instance, when i have a woman over my place for dinner, ill go get strawberries and chocolate bars....melt the chocolate and wala...dip the strawberries in chocolate and feed each other. Its definitely on the romantic side of things but i rarely do it.....so when i do....it means something to the woman. Also i have preceeding attraction. If your a beta bf or a chump trying to get with a girl with low interest...it wont work.

Plus anytime a woman asks if i sleep around/why do you sleep with other girls....the best excuse is always "Im a hopeless romantic....just havent found the one" :cool:

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
Plus anytime a woman asks if i sleep around/why do you sleep with other girls....the best excuse is always "Im a hopeless romantic....just havent found the one" :cool:

I can't rep you because I recently did and it says I must "spread it around" but this is awesome.

insomniac9

Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you for your replies gentlemen, all of them make a lot of sense.

for me, i don't aim these things at a girl, it's more like when i'm comfortable around them to some extent, i let one thing or another show itself spontaneously depending on mood. like for example, if i feel like listening to classical music or feel like singing a song that sounds romantic (it may be in a language she doesn't know, so she can only go by the music, not lyrics), i'll do it when the girl is around. some are curious about lyrics & ask for translation, others are more into the music & enjoy it without needing to know what the song says.